2027 Weapons in Deus Ex

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

2027 Weapons in Deus Ex

Postby Captain_Destro » Sun Oct 23, 11 6:10 pm

The 2027 Port for Deus Ex is completed.

Needed Mods-
Shifter/Deus Ex Enhanced.
New Vision

Optional but Prefered-
HDTP Demo
DX9/DX10 Renderer

Deus Ex Enhanced- http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-enhanced

-All enemies have 2027 weapons. Also maps have them laying around as well. [I left shifter exclusives though]
-I did put Sabot/Dragon ammo on the shotguns.
-I added a new ammo. 30.06 Sabot Slugs for the sniper rifle.
-The Desert Eagle can use the 10mm Explosive rounds. It's unique because no other weapons can. The DE is specially made for magnum rounds.
-Enemy AI and enemy timeout times have been increased.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2781478742/2027Mod.rar

Directions:
-Rename your maps folder to Backup Maps or something.
-Just extract files into the Deus Ex Directory.

Everything should work fine at that point and enjoy.
Please PM me or post any problems/bugs.

I had permission from Ded and Clyzm. All models are creatins of respective authors.

Bug: Due to my play test info link portraits aren't showing up. I'm working on this. Im guess since I was working with new Vision on they didn't show up on my steam install. it was either missing the InfoPortrait.utx or just needed New Vision.

Last edited by Captain_Destro on Sun Oct 23, 11 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain_Destro

Postby James » Sun Oct 23, 11 8:04 pm

Thank you very much!, will you set up a MODDB site for this?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Captain_Destro » Sun Oct 23, 11 8:21 pm

James wrote:Thank you very much!, will you set up a MODDB site for this?

I'm not sure if I will since it's the 2027 teams work. I think even putting 2027 on Moddb caused some initial issues over the models. So I was hoping to keep it Deus Ex Community only. I'm not looking to take credit for this. All I did was tweak the maps, add some new ammo. And make a few guns use alternate ammo. The 2027 team can post it if they want. I also added some screenshots though.

Now be on the look out for my Modern Weapons mod. The AI will be about the same but I plan on adding some more NPCs to make things more difficult.
Last edited by Captain_Destro on Sun Oct 23, 11 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain_Destro

Postby clyzm » Mon Oct 24, 11 8:47 am

Nice mod! Which guns replace which? Sorry if this is already in the readme
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Captain_Destro » Mon Oct 24, 11 2:10 pm

clyzm wrote:Nice mod! Which guns replace which? Sorry if this is already in the readme

Holy hell I forgot to include the read me X_X (Same text as the first post though)

I actually edited every npc just about manually. The only vanilla weapons in game are:

M16/M4 Usually replaces the AssaultGun For MJ12/Unatco. Mac10/AK47 usually replaces it for terrorists though on Liberty Island there are a few with these in addition to glocks. Thugs will usually carry M37's/Glocks/Crossbows. Chinese Military will be armed with AK-47's/Saigas(Also replaces assault shotguns). AWP replaces rifles obviously too.

MP5s replace the assault gun in some maps too. a few unatco/mj12/mib troops carry them.

Sight Radius/Enemy Time Out values have been raised. Difficulty is a bit increased but nothing crazy like hardcore mod.(Made it impossible to sneak around)

LAW
GEP Gun
Flame Thrower
Plasma Gun
PS220(Shifter Randomly throws it on NPCs)
Melee Weapons.
Vanilla Rifle Shows up once I wasn't able to edit out convo items :/

I tried screwing around with a "Tnag replacer" but I couldn't get the coding to work. I'll throw the read me in later today.
Last edited by Captain_Destro on Mon Oct 24, 11 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Captain_Destro

Postby Baconbits » Fri Dec 09, 11 3:17 am

Downloaded the required mods and HDTP. Took your files and pasted them into my deus ex directory and overwrote any conflicting files. Started my game and I got

http://www.dxalpha.com/forum/files/shot0000_774.bmp

I know its hard to read.. it says "Can't find class in file class Deusex.AmmoIOmmex ..."

I think it got cutoff. Any suggestions?
Attachments
Shot0000.bmp
(3.75 MiB) Downloaded 356 times
Last edited by Baconbits on Fri Dec 09, 11 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baconbits

Postby atrey65789 » Wed Feb 01, 12 2:40 am

Ill tell you what, lol that package for the guns is like a 200 mb file lol
-A
atrey65789
Regular

Postby Kalman11 » Wed Feb 01, 12 6:00 am

I think they aren't for MP, because it needs Shifter and New Vision too (as I know they aren't compatible with MP)
Kalman11
Wannabe

Postby Tommy030 » Tue Apr 17, 12 11:37 pm

What is with the hardcore-mod? I'm asking especially with the view on that nice remote-lam and the non lethal but fast effective hide-a-gun weapon (which is both found in the hardcore mod / heijuka). Is it compatible with the mentioned "deus-ex-advanced"?
Tommy030

Re: 2027 Weapons in Deus Ex

Postby Blade sword » Thu Aug 12, 21 7:02 pm

We can't download the mod anymore :(
Blade sword

Return to Modifications