MainMan's City

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby ~Confused~ » Fri Jun 30, 06 10:27 am

XII//:Prod1gy wrote:If DX:RPG is released with open downloads, I swear to god I will never play there.

Too many people going - OMGZ, HOW DO I LYK, USE TEH HOOKAR??

See, with MM's mod, it will be a more... civilised place.. (Until wasted gets here. Then I will mute him \o/)

lol i hope too god DX: RPG doesnt go Public...klop, tantulus, GODZ,Yusho, Noto, Dogboys, Double D........I'm looking at you.

Mainmans will most certainly be a civilised place which brings up a good question. Mainman, will there still be PvP sewers and ports?
~Confused~
Addict

Postby Rödewijk » Fri Jun 30, 06 2:16 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:Btw MainMan, I suggest you not to use such custom texture's... It's not really needed, and it only takes more download time...

Downloads are banned anyway. All files will be hosted on rapidshare or other file-hosts. Links will be available on different forums.

Not much players download dx files outside of DeusEx...
And smookie, 10MB to 10.4MB isn't true. Those texture's are bigger, and you know it.
But hey, it's your choice.

.bmp isnt the only save format and you know it.
Rödewijk
Master

Postby ~Confused~ » Fri Jun 30, 06 2:19 pm

hmm, there should be a specific category for mainmans project
~Confused~
Addict

Postby Allan » Fri Jun 30, 06 2:25 pm

smookie wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:Btw MainMan, I suggest you not to use such custom texture's... It's not really needed, and it only takes more download time...

Downloads are banned anyway. All files will be hosted on rapidshare or other file-hosts. Links will be available on different forums.

And smookie, 10MB to 10.4MB isn't true. Those texture's are bigger, and you know it.

But in some cases, .png is actually bigger then .bmp =O
Allan
Alpha

Postby Alex » Fri Jun 30, 06 3:25 pm

Allan wrote:
smookie wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:

But in some cases, .png is actually bigger then .bmp =O

.pcx
Doesn't matter smookie. Both fomats get formatted into .utx, but still, it is big.
Alex
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 4:41 pm

Just to clear things up, yes the files of the mod are big. Both the map and the texture package are 10mb+, and the .u package file is 8mb+. Also there are other files too.

So you see... blocking downloads is the only way...

~Mike~ wrote:Mainmans will most certainly be a civilised place which brings up a good question. Mainman, will there still be PvP sewers and ports?

PvP? You mean fighting? If so, then yes, there are sewers, warehouses, and back alleys where you can fight. The area of them has increased quite a lot.

Also, there is an arena (which will have to be unlocked by completing a mission :P ) where you can challenge a player 1 v 1 in a controlled area, and bet money, which the winner gets.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 6:42 pm

~Mike~ wrote:
XII//:Prod1gy wrote:If DX:RPG is released with open downloads, I swear to god I will never play there.

See, with MM's mod, it will be a more... civilised place.. (Until wasted gets here. Then I will mute him \o/)

lol i hope too god DX: RPG doesnt go Public...klop, tantulus, GODZ,Yusho, Noto, Dogboys, Double D........I'm looking at you.

Mainmans will most certainly be a civilised place which brings up a good question. Mainman, will there still be PvP sewers and ports?

Mike, half the people here don't like you and neither does MM so please do not talk about me or my friends in that manner, ok? (A version of the Civilisation in MM's Mod, note there is no swearing involved)
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 6:45 pm

±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:Mike, half the people here don't like you and neither does MM so please do not talk about me or my friends in that manner, ok? (A version of the Civilisation in MM's Mod, note there is no swearing involved)

No swearing? I don't care at all if people swear...
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:06 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
Mr. Snake wrote:Room for one more?

Yeah. I'll PM when the next testing session is. (Hopefully it will be on the actual map!)
Can I join the party bus, dude? (test it too) *wonders how one makes music triggers*
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:24 pm

±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:Can I join the party bus, dude? (test it too) *wonders how one makes music triggers*

No, sorry. I don't mean to be harsh, but I have no reason to select you. You will add nothing. :(
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:26 pm

anyways, what else could there be in the map MM?
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:26 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:Can I join the party bus, dude? (test it too) *wonders how one makes music triggers*

No, sorry. I don't mean to be harsh, but I have no reason to select you. You will add nothing. :(
ah, touche but what will Snakey add to it?
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:44 pm

±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:

a.) Unbiased views
b.) Ideas/suggestions for re-enforcing order in the map
c.) Realistic ideas, instead of 'omg letz makE a BAJIllion GUNZ!'
d.) Honest opinions, rather than "omg MM ur maps r00L!"
e.) A mature approach to gameplay.
f.) He is intelligent, and can work things out for himself, but on the other hand, he can also follow instructions.

Need I go on?

I'm not necessarily targeting this at you, and stating that you lack these qualities, I am just saying why I chose Snakey.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:47 pm

:( I understand but if you knew me in real life you would realise I judge with integrity and help people with their problems (e,g: got 5 teenagers off of cigarettes and booze) but anyways let's continue with the map.

I am not holding it against you so I hope you do not get the impression.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:53 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:

a.) Unbiased views
f.) He is intelligent, and can work things out for himself, but on the other hand, he can also follow instructions.

Need I go on?

I'm not necessarily targeting this at you, and stating that you lack these qualities, I am just saying why I chose Snakey.

Give me some beta map, I can look at on my own, or I will crack your computer, and format it.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:56 pm

Has anyone got anything to say about my Race Choice Idea?!
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 7:58 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:Give me some beta map, I can look at on my own, or I will crack your computer, and format it.

What?
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 8:10 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:a.) Unbiased views

Need I go on?

If you give me a chance I can be mature and be serious about the issue at hand but there you have it
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 8:45 pm

Watching Big Brother now...
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 8:58 pm

±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:If you give me a chance I can be mature and be serious about the issue at hand but there you have it

Why? I already covered that, I have snakey to be mature - I don't need anyone else for that position. Everyone of the testers has different jobs, in case you're wondering, I didn't randomly choose them.

Me - No explanation required
Wasted - Testing for smoothness of gameplay and finding bugs. I have him try to exploit all the possibilities of ruining stuff. He is a noob at heart, after all :P.
Smookie - Mapper, he helps me with mapping details and suggests how to improve / fix areas.
Jay - Creative aspect of mod, e.g. music, clothes, brand names, the finer details. This also covers how realistic things are.
Snakey - Gameplay development, and strategy testing, how the different aspects (the ones examined by the others) link together. My second opinion, if we disagree on something.

Stop making rant threads or whatever.
Last edited by MainMan on Fri Jun 30, 06 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 9:00 pm

Soz MM, just had one of those days and I shouldn't have taken it out on you.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby ~Confused~ » Fri Jun 30, 06 9:08 pm

±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:
~Mike~ wrote:

Mike, half the people here don't like you and neither does MM so please do not talk about me or my friends in that manner, ok? (A version of the Civilisation in MM's Mod, note there is no swearing involved)

tant be quiet i meen nothing against you or your friends (except klop), and [b]No One[b/] Like Me and obviously Mainman doesnt either, but where does your point come in?

back on subject-

ok now that sounds good for the fighting, but will the apartments be as small as they used too be?
Last edited by ~Confused~ on Fri Jun 30, 06 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Confused~
Addict

Postby Snakey » Fri Jun 30, 06 9:10 pm

Thanks for the compliments Mainman, Cheques in the mail.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 9:47 pm

Mr. Snake wrote:Thanks for the compliments Mainman, Cheques in the mail.

Cash please. (Or alternatively send me your credit card with details included)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby ~Confused~ » Fri Jun 30, 06 9:52 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
Mr. Snake wrote:Thanks for the compliments Mainman, Cheques in the mail.

Cash please. (Or alternatively send me your credit card with details included)

^
l
l
l
l

Question answer plz?
~Confused~
Addict

Postby MainMan » Fri Jun 30, 06 9:56 pm

Haha, speaking of cheques for me, imagine cashing a cheque that was addressed to "Main Man"...
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Snakey » Fri Jun 30, 06 9:59 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:Haha, speaking of cheques for me, imagine cashing a cheque that was addressed to "Main Man"...

I like this idea.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Big Daddy » Fri Jun 30, 06 10:01 pm

Oooohh...brain-wave. How about a cheque book that you can give cheques to and will be subtracted from your bank when they go to the ATM?
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby Gishank » Sat Jul 01, 06 7:48 am

~Mike~ wrote:
±Tantalus[AW]± wrote:
~Mike~ wrote:

tant be quiet i meen nothing against you or your friends (except klop), and [b]No One[b/] Like Me and obviously Mainman doesnt either, but where does your point come in?

back on subject-

ok now that sounds good for the fighting, but will the apartments be as small as they used too be?

Mike.... I have tried to be your friend, but do you expect me to be your friend when you speak horribley about me?

Also, MainMan, why not make a games console like in GTA:SA? Were you use it, and it takes you to a small video menu screen?
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Siva » Sat Jul 01, 06 11:14 am

I like klops idea.

to be purchased from the furniture shop.

(Do not ask me what coding would be involved, I do-not-know.)

Mainman, Am I allowed on ze partay buzz?
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications