MiniMtl220

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby James » Sun Mar 27, 11 8:00 am

Rödewijk wrote:well that aside i think the stuf he releases is actually pretty damm usefull. 8)

so does my dick

but it's still a dick

Listen, this new version of a mod that was created BECAUSE of people like Deja exploiting the community because he has some insane detest against players who don't agree with him does not matter if it fixes anything or not, he is to be untrusted and he is not helping Deus Ex one bit by releasing something in a series that does not belong to him.
Last edited by James on Sun Mar 27, 11 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Rödewijk » Sun Mar 27, 11 12:36 pm

James wrote:
Rödewijk wrote:well that aside i think the stuf he releases is actually pretty damm usefull. 8)

so does my dick

but it's still a dick

Listen, this new version of a mod that was created BECAUSE of people like Deja exploiting the community because he has some insane detest against players who don't agree with him does not matter if it fixes anything or not, he is to be untrusted and he is not helping Deus Ex one bit by releasing something in a series that does not belong to him.

isnt alpha's alex just the same on that part ?
Rödewijk
Master

Postby James » Sun Mar 27, 11 12:41 pm

yes of course alex is dodgy.

but alex did not abuse an unreal engine exploit and created something from it that got into multiple computers searching for logs. and/or other files
or try to destroy a gametype by forcing people to use his masterserver
or accidentally give 220 to dejavu

wait a minute the last one was alex

also: MFW 220 OPENS MORE BUGS SOLVED IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS THAN BUGS IT FIXED. Totally useless.
Last edited by James on Sun Mar 27, 11 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Mar 27, 11 12:55 pm

FFS, that mod is spreading so fast!
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby ~Blade~ » Sun Mar 27, 11 5:04 pm

James wrote:220 OPENS MORE BUGS SOLVED IN PREVIOUS VERSIONS THAN BUGS IT FIXED. Totally useless.

the first part is true, but the newer version closes them again... can't wait for 222... unfortunately he says its not gona be open source like the older versions, whatever im not a coder idc lol
but yea its useful cuz it fixes some other bugs which i dont think were fixed before (e.g. fps related fire rate one...) and obviously the spectate mode thingy is great, now the beginners can see how the better players do things... (instead of just thinking that the game is full of cheaters and then not playing)
Last edited by ~Blade~ on Sun Mar 27, 11 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THC
Well go grab a baseball bat and do something about it.
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby Aidan » Sun Mar 27, 11 5:10 pm

Yeah, then maybe all the bugs will be fixed when 300 is released. When 300 is released, there will be more gametypes, with MORE BUGS. THAT WONT BE FIXED UNTILL 400 IS RELEASED. THEN WHEN 400 IS RELEASED........
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby DxPlayer » Sun Mar 27, 11 5:32 pm

The mod is not good since it is stolen (according to what I read on DxAlpha and FGS).

That is a big damn good reason to do not use it, and the author's past is also questionable.
DxPlayer
Regular

Postby James » Sun Mar 27, 11 6:27 pm

~Blade~ wrote:unfortunately he says its not gona be open source like the older versions,

looks legit.jpg
Last edited by James on Sun Mar 27, 11 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Mar 27, 11 6:36 pm

James wrote:
~Blade~ wrote:unfortunately he says its not gona be open source like the older versions,

looks legit.jpg

im not a coder idc lol

2 bisi playn 220 2 c4r3 m8

>2011
>Still listening to Deja
>Still not learning
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sun Mar 27, 11 6:38 pm

i'd rather post on thc than play with deja's mods
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Mar 27, 11 6:48 pm

James wrote:i'd rather post on thc than play with deja's mods

Cannabis increases my accuracy m8

Teenage angst gO!!!
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ~Blade~ » Sun Mar 27, 11 9:17 pm

to be frank, and not disrespectful or anything, but i couldn't care less who made what... if it improves the game, im all for it. And this does imo
THC
Well go grab a baseball bat and do something about it.
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby James » Sun Mar 27, 11 9:21 pm

by opening all bugs and releasing ctf which has had 3 iterations already just no one gave shit

okay buddy this fixes deus ex, dejavu is a saviour of the people he is riding all the buzzwaves

Taking what Ste said out of context: "it's DXMP", it is not 0-augs or an rpg map. Not one relevant cares, Besides, people don't play Deus Ex multi-player often what is the point in a new mode?
Last edited by James on Sun Mar 27, 11 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Marder » Sun Mar 27, 11 9:49 pm

Please don't compare Alex to Deja. Deja's 2006/7 campaign targeted every last DXMP player. Alex as I recall, targeted one individual and the rest mostly was just words against people, which on inspection of alpha msn logs, seemed to be incited just as much by one or two other clan members. Alex was 17 and apparently faced some heavy life issues.

Deja was an adult and some of his more outrageous operations involved every last deusex.ini in the community. Some people felt targeted by Alpha members and Deja saw the opportunity to use these people. At least 2 other people also besides Deja were taught how to use some of Deja's methods, so it's very painful to see people kicking up old wounds about individual members of the community, when in fact it is totally irrelevant in 2011.

Alex worked with people regardless of their gametype and gave much time to help people with servers etc. Deja did some pretty bad things and then when he was under police caution, began to help the zero-auggers, custom auggers and editors also. Deja's unpoliticized aid began after police intervention. Both are humans, both have regrets, but I don't think Alex should be hard on himself, since whoever had the MTL may have been hacked.

@ Clyzm. +1.

The wider issue here is about the augger community and server list numbers.

All this sillyness started because there were not enough players to support every gametype. So instead of trying to improve augging, auggers attacked other gametypes in various ways and tbh, still tacitly lean on custom in various ways perhaps at times.

Nostalgia is cool, but don't force it on everyone else, DXMP_Smuggles has terrible spawns. Plenty of better custom ATDM maps exist, but a lot of people simply stick their head in the sand and then wonder why their server is empty.

There is only one concern. If CTF or ATDM is not as popular as DXSM, DXMPHR, CozmoV2, SG3 etc... then what happens next? Are the aug community going to learn from previous mistakes or be a thorn in the community's side again.

I'd like to see less bitching of custom and more effort in ATDM. More new maps, new mods. Give all players a reason to check ATDM or CTDM out... CTF is a beginning, but not enough.

With or without this mod, DXMP modding is having a huge revival and there are plenty more memories to come for a while...
Last edited by Marder on Sun Mar 27, 11 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marder
Poster

Postby Aidan » Sun Mar 27, 11 10:23 pm

Why is there more than one post in this topic?

Why is everyone continuing to argue about this shit modification?
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby bambi » Sun Mar 27, 11 10:54 pm

its kind of a big deal
bambi
Regular

Postby James » Sun Mar 27, 11 11:07 pm

big deal that it doesnt fix anything, enables old bugs that were fixed with previous minimtls and Dejavu is untrusted.

honestly no reason why anyone should use it or 222, dodgy as hell.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Mar 27, 11 11:28 pm

>mmtl 220
>Dejavu
>it's kind of a big deal

Oh U!

James wrote:enables old bugs that were fixed with previous minimtls and Dejavu is untrusted.

Bambi, I want you to read this sentence carefully.
Last edited by Aidan on Sun Mar 27, 11 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Alex » Mon Mar 28, 11 8:30 am

Marder wrote:

Please don't compare Alex to Deja. Deja's 2006/7 campaign targeted every last DXMP player. Alex as I recall, targeted one individual and the rest mostly was just words against people, which on inspection of alpha msn logs, seemed to be incited just as much by one or two other clan members. Alex was 17 and apparently faced some heavy life issues.

Deja was an adult and some of his more outrageous operations involved every last deusex.ini in the community. Some people felt targeted by Alpha members and Deja saw the opportunity to use these people. At least 2 other people also besides Deja were taught how to use some of Deja's methods, so it's very painful to see people kicking up old wounds about individual members of the community, when in fact it is totally irrelevant in 2011.

Alex worked with people regardless of their gametype and gave much time to help people with servers etc. Deja did some pretty bad things and then when he was under police caution, began to help the zero-auggers, custom auggers and editors also. Deja's unpoliticized aid began after police intervention. Both are humans, both have regrets, but I don't think Alex should be hard on himself, since whoever had the MTL may have been hacked.

@ Clyzm. +1.

The wider issue here is about the augger community and server list numbers.

All this sillyness started because there were not enough players to support every gametype. So instead of trying to improve augging, auggers attacked other gametypes in various ways and tbh, still tacitly lean on custom in various ways perhaps at times.

Nostalgia is cool, but don't force it on everyone else, DXMP_Smuggles has terrible spawns. Plenty of better custom ATDM maps exist, but a lot of people simply stick their head in the sand and then wonder why their server is empty.

There is only one concern. If CTF or ATDM is not as popular as DXSM, DXMPHR, CozmoV2, SG3 etc... then what happens next? Are the aug community going to learn from previous mistakes or be a thorn in the community's side again.

I'd like to see less bitching of custom and more effort in ATDM. More new maps, new mods. Give all players a reason to check ATDM or CTDM out... CTF is a beginning, but not enough.

With or without this mod, DXMP modding is having a huge revival and there are plenty more memories to come for a while...

I appreciate that you're defending me, but there's no need.

I was somewhat dodgy 'back in the days'. I had some personal issues, but they weren't that fucked up. As Kaiden said, some logs were taken out of context (and yeah, I was drunk). Other things I said were also interpreted incorrecly (such as, when I asked for money for my modifications or if people wanted me to do things; all I wanted was people to stop trying, and it worked!)

In the end, it wont matter anyways. Deus Ex 1 is doomed to die, not because of this or because of a low player count. The network protocol will be outdated eventually (IPv6 anyone?) and then noone will be able to play online anymore. Only if you play by the means of a proxy or some, which new players wont use..

I don't support miniMTL220, I dislike the fact that it was released (and modified) by DejaVu. I also feel guilty. I even considered taking action against the modification (still will perhaps, but not using the method I had in mind before), but I decided to let it be (somewhat) after talking with Nobody.
Alex
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Mar 28, 11 8:57 am

Well put.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Rödewijk » Mon Mar 28, 11 6:09 pm

Deus Ex 1 is doomed to die, not because of this or because of a low player count. The network protocol will be outdated eventually (IPv6 anyone?) and then noone will be able to play online anymore. Only if you play by the means of a proxy or some, which new players wont use..

stil im not against the idea of creating a dxmp mod on ut3's standalone udk :oops:
Last edited by Rödewijk on Mon Mar 28, 11 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rödewijk
Master

Postby James » Tue Mar 29, 11 3:29 pm

Dejavu wrote: No, that is pretty normal, as there are people who will always oppose good things in DXMP, if they are not made by themselves.

Cant believe this is coming from the guy who tries to kill zero augs and stole minimtl. Get a grip of reality.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Mar 29, 11 4:15 pm

Cant believe this is coming from the guy who tries to kill zero augs and stole minimtl. Get a grip of reality.

Where was that posted?
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Tue Mar 29, 11 4:15 pm

Dejavu wrote: No, that is pretty normal, as there are people who will always oppose good things in DXMP, if they are not made by themselves.

MY HYPOCRITE SENSOR IS GONNA BLOOOWWWW
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Tue Mar 29, 11 4:17 pm

Kaiden wrote:

Where was that posted?

Thc, comedy goldmine for idiocy
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Tue Mar 29, 11 5:10 pm

I might venture to that URL sometime.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Shinobi » Thu Mar 31, 11 8:54 pm

Shitbreak
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby Aidan » Thu Mar 31, 11 9:38 pm

Shinobi wrote:Shitbreak

Sorry, what?
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Shinobi » Fri Apr 01, 11 1:28 am

Dunno just felt like it, since this topic went way off topic and HAZ NO LINKZZZZZZZ
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Shinobi
Master

Postby James » Fri Apr 01, 11 1:42 am

I'm sure the links were removed, for preference really.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications