Making deus ex look better.

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Making deus ex look better.

Postby Mudora » Sat Sep 10, 11 2:28 pm

Hello guys, recently i signed in this great community for ask some question about deus ex mods, textures, etc. I have been lost since years ago about this world until i bought the new DX the other day and thought in install my old deus ex again. I was looking in the forum searthing mods and enhanced features but i'm completely lost i check the mod index but still in the same place. I need some help for find some mods that i look in some youtube videos but without a reference for download it.

First, What mod or maps are those where you can walk in the city, have a house and do missions? Something like Face Town or rpg style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb13EyV63SE

In the mod index i saw some texture enhanced mods but what is better? I saw that New vision is pretty famous and ENB series too. Could i combined them or are they incompatible?
Weapon and player model mods. I suppose that shifter do this. i saw some pictures that make JC looks different with other player character like the ones in the MP but maybe they are other mods or something.

For last, is there any mod for add like side-quest or expansion to vanilla DX that add more game?

This is all. Sorry about make this post but i back since years ago.

PD: Dunno if this is the right section my apologies about it. 8)

Greetings and thank you guys.
Last edited by Mudora on Sat Sep 10, 11 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mudora

Postby SimonDenton » Sat Sep 10, 11 2:48 pm

To answer your RPG question, look up Cozmo RPG. His server has the latest version.
SimonDenton
Wannabe

Postby Mudora » Sat Sep 10, 11 7:39 pm

Thanks a lot for your answer but for some reasons i can't host with this map. I wanted check the map before go to the official server but i didn't see it in the server settings.

EDIT: I managed to load the map but the game freeze in the loading screen much time. Dunno what is the problem.
Last edited by Mudora on Sat Sep 10, 11 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mudora

Postby SimonDenton » Sun Sep 11, 11 12:09 am

There is a specific security oriented class in the map which crashes it unless you enter a specific password. Guess we need to wait for Cozmo to release the password.
Last edited by SimonDenton on Sun Sep 11, 11 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
SimonDenton
Wannabe

Postby Mudora » Sun Sep 11, 11 1:16 am

So is it not possible play the map in LAN? I saw in the release thread about you can test the map in LAN or something but for some reasons the game still in the loading screen much time and freeze. Maybe it's my laptop or who knows i'll check in my other computer tomorrow when i return from my holidays.

Other question is about the models or skins for players. I saw some people with odd appearances or like custom models, Is there any place for got it?

Thanks again.
Last edited by Mudora on Sun Sep 11, 11 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mudora

Postby SimonDenton » Sun Sep 11, 11 1:20 am

I have tried playing with LAN but I still had the same crash problem. Only time will tell if this issue will be resolved. As for the skins, I am not aware of any sites that provide Deus Ex skins but you can experiment with the pawn classes by changing the multi skins. There must be some mutator that lets players have custom skins while playing on the multiplayer server.

Have a play of Cozmo on the server anyway, put the lag aside and you can have great fun!
SimonDenton
Wannabe

Postby Aidan » Sun Sep 11, 11 1:43 am

Graphic-wise... There are quite a few texture enhancement mods for DX1.

Install in the following order:
#1 Click Here

#2 Click Here

***#3 This one won't really enhance your gameplay. However, keep an eye out here until the Hi-Res UI mod is complete.
Last edited by Aidan on Sun Sep 11, 11 2:07 am, edited 7 times in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Mudora » Sun Sep 11, 11 5:15 am

Thanks you guys. Finally i got to create my custom model following this tutorial.

http://www.planetdeusex.com/constructor ... tomnpc.htm

It's for create npcs but i managed to apply for player models. For other part, i loaded the rpg map finally using the console commands and about the graphics mods i'll try tomorrow they seen's pretty awasome.

Again thanks for your patient and help. :wink:
Mudora

Return to Modifications