S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mod (Latest Build Downloads and Screenshots)

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Mod (Latest Build Downloads and Screensho

Postby Lurker » Fri May 02, 14 1:03 pm

Hello guys!

I haven't posted any info or updates on my mod for about a year now. Just wanted to say to anyone who is still interested that the Stalker Mod is not dead and I have resumed working on it...

Let me toss in a new screenshot:

It's the front of the Stalker Shop. Please note that this is still an early design of this particular building with global lighting only and does not represent the final thing. As you can see, I also added my own Stalker Logo Sign above the shop's window. It's supposed to say "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." and "SHOP" below, but I haven't added the full writing to that texture yet. So the Stalker Shop will work like bars in the original Stalker games. There will be a barman or shopkeeper inside, the player will be able to walk up to the window, talk to the shopkeeper, trade weapons, items and goods, perhaps even receive missions and get paid for them. I will need to write a conversation script for this...

There are vending machines behind the shop on the right. Currently those are Deus Ex ones with soda and snacks, used as placeholder when I import drinks and food items from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I may also import the original Stalker weapons, but only the weapon sounds, specs or some skin textures, because conversion of Stalker to Unreal models is not possible due to a different 3d format. Most of the stuff I do for this mod I do myself anyway, based on screenshots I make when I play any of the three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games (Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat) which I have permanently installed on my PC for years now. As you know, most of the time so far I export Stalker textures, edit them and import them into Deus Ex. The rest is all done by myself in UnrealEd.

Let's hope I can speed up development a bit, so people don't have to wait so long for this mod to be finished......
Lurker
Wannabe

Postby Mastakilla » Thu May 08, 14 11:48 am

We at DXMP are a patient folk we can wait 10 years for a mod :D
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby China » Sun Jun 01, 14 11:09 am

Keep it up.
www.chinnysdeusexblog.wordpress.com
China
Wannabe

Postby Lurker » Sun Oct 19, 14 5:44 pm

Alright, folks!

It's time for new updates...

First of all, I have uploaded an official pack of Builds 1-3 to my ModDB today. The mod is now officially called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. PROJECT for Deus Ex 1. Each pack will include updated versions of this mod, aswell as extra/bonus stuff.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. PROJECT Builds 1-3 (Download 2.34 MB):
http://www.moddb.com/members/lurker2011 ... builds-1-3

This very first release pack includes the previous Builds 1-3, which you can find as separate files on page 1 of this official topic and which most of you have already downloaded. However, the pack includes bonus resources which other DX1 mappers may use as prefabs and which I'm giving away for free.

Those bonus resources are my randomly generated Terrain brush (UnrealEd T3D format), 8 edited terrain and skybox textures from the original Stalker game Shadow Of Chernobyl. See readme files in zip for details.
Lurker
Wannabe

Postby Lurker » Sun Oct 19, 14 7:14 pm

Build 4 is underway and I'm going to officially upload it this winter or even at the end of this month October if I make it........

I'm currently making an important design decision whether to keep the old random terrain from 2012 of Builds 1-3 or to transfer everything I made so far to a new and much more realistic Stalker-based terrain which I've already created in September and which will most likely be included in a future Build 5 of this mod. I did this, because I was unhappy with the previous terrain and I wanted an even more Stalker-ish, more detailed, smoother and bigger terrain brush.

Here's a first screenshot of the new terrain in UnrealEd:

What you are seeing in the shot is actually a very big terrain map for Deus Ex level relations. It takes a couple of minutes (2-3) if you run nonstop from one corner of the terrain to the opposite one in diagonal direction. It takes longer if you walk slowly across. It's 1/4 one-fourth of the biggest possible boxsize in XY dimensions in old UnrealEngine 1 (see above-view in upper left window).

It is so big that the whole map of UNATCO Island can fit in inside, with the outer water and dock areas, plus the unused area which Eidos left out. See size comparison in screenshot. And it even is slightly bigger than that. Just so you have an imagination of the mapsize I'm currently working with.

In conclusion, it is a really BIG terrain!!! And I pushed the polygon count to its limit this time. And best of all, it is a single additive brush in UnrealEd which I can resize, rotate and re-align however I want. And no BSP holes and graphical errors whatsoever! I underline this nice fact, because as some of you UnrealEd oldskoolers may know: it is very hard to do a perfect and bug-free terrain to work flawlessly in the old UnrealEngine. And I'm proud that I managed to do that.

The new terrain has smooth hills, not too high and not too low. As I said, it looks more Stalker-ish now. In the center of the terrain I created a flatter area where the red builder brush is and where a small city or village can fit in and which I'm planning to add later.

I hope you guys are still interested in this Deus Ex singleplayer mod, because it is slowly gearing up and to be finally released sometime in 2015!

In the meantime I will upload and release latest design Builds on my ModDB.

So stayed tuned, folks...
Lurker
Wannabe

Previous

Return to Modifications