Capture the Lift/Towers/Grate/Comms/Mirror Mod

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Capture the Lift/Towers/Grate/Comms/Mirror Mod

Postby Bob » Sun Jan 09, 05 9:10 pm

Ok, It's official. We have to make this mod!

Apply here

Tell us your:
Name
Dx Name
What you can do to help the mod
Forum God

Postby AlexDenton » Sun Jan 09, 05 11:42 pm

MARCO!
ALEXDENTON/SHARAPOV
I CAN DO ANYTHING NECESSARY!
IM 16!!!

THIS MOD MUST BE MADE!!!

[/patriotic leadership mode]

i mean,
i can help with the construction of this mod if necessary
Hey! Hey, Guys! Check My Girlfriend's Rack!
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Re: Capture the Lift/Towers/Grate/Comms/Mirror Mod

Postby clyzm » Sun Jan 09, 05 11:44 pm

~[A]Bob~ wrote:Ok, It's official. We have to make this mod!

Apply here

Tell us your:
Name
Dx Name
What you can do to help the mod

Derek
Ghost Guest
Textures

If you want, when you capture the base, you can make it so that the base / thingy changes colors to the side of your team, my opinion, NSF = RED, UNATCO = BLUE. I can make the textures necessary ;D
clyzm
Forum Master God

Re: Capture the Lift/Towers/Grate/Comms/Mirror Mod

Postby AlexDenton » Sun Jan 09, 05 11:53 pm

Ghost Guest wrote:If you want, when you capture the base, you can make it so that the base / thingy changes colors to the side of your team, my opinion, NSF = RED, UNATCO = BLUE. I can make the textures necessary ;D

nice idea man
the could be done by drawing a perimeter around the base with a Transparent brush of that particular colour

i have a feeling that the release of this game will involve the re-release of the maps... not just a mod
a bit like DXSG
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby James » Mon Jan 10, 05 1:20 am

[A]~Jaysus~ wrote:Or we modify the zone item summoner that Nobody has, I'm sure you can modify a little about the zone by editing that.

Dunno about the textures though, but if the skin of players can be changed and so does the walls!, we may not have to re-release the maps. =D

But does it have to be textures?, how about a notifier or something?

And multiple zones!!!!1!!!1
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby kBo » Mon Jan 10, 05 2:56 am

WTF???
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Postby clyzm » Mon Jan 10, 05 3:18 am

A great idea: when you capture the base/thing, the player says "I got the base!" or whatever you want him to say, like in 5 Color madness when you shoot someone, you automatically say "BITCH!" or something like that.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby AlexDenton » Mon Jan 10, 05 6:22 pm

u can set that in the server settings, like upon death and Re-Spawning, Trollied's old server went

You found a Lockpick.
You found a Multitool.
You found a Medkit.
Your granny is a tranny...

as for zone settings, that has to be done in mapping, unluding zone infomessages

like in UP3 - the prison one "dont forget to feed the prisoners"

that stuff
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Bob » Mon Jan 10, 05 6:50 pm

That would require the map to be re-realised
Bob
Forum God

Postby Dae » Tue Jan 11, 05 2:37 pm

Better make a big map with the base like comm (but more interesting and with holes for shooting) in the center of it. Of course, with that base you can protect yourself with moving walls, and of course you get some more weapon/ammo/bio/med support than outside and you get advantages in shooting enemies.
But everything should be fair. Yes, enemies will have to defend themselves - it will be a bit harder, and they will have to try to kill you in a base. They will have to make a strategies and operate together to take over the base.
Such map will automatically invent teamplay. Teammates in base (which should have 2-3 entrances, so 3 walls, turrets and etc) should teamplay together by deviding by jobs (some people will defend base by shooting, some by moving walls/defending turrets and etc). Teammates outside base will have to think together how to take over the base. Some guys will have to, for example, "divert" enemies from point where others are trying to storm the base.
Everything is so simple? Let's add something new. For example, in that base, people could have a respawning TNT crate in it that cannot be shot by enemy if enemy is outside and didnt enter the base. When enemy stormed the base, he/she shoots the TNT and it kills everyone in building that means that he/she and his/her team took over the base. So, people inside base will have to care about entrances a lot (which should be hard, even with turrets and moving walls).
Also. You know there is a built-in system of spawning? You spawn only where your teammates are, or simply, there is no enemy near (sometimes system makes faults, but this is rare on big maps like Silo, Bunker and etc). So, if you're in the base and your team owns it, and you were shot, you spawn in the base again and you're safe. Or another situation, if you took over the base recently and you shot TNT (and died too, of course) you spawn in the base again - because you killed all enemies.
Of course, the map should be played with lams on 0aug without 20mm. Spawnpoints will be nicely protected. If you accept this and you will play it, i can support the project. I'm working on City, but i can quickly do this map - its fun isnt it? If i do it, don't expect high detail (takes time) = but an add - this means less size of a file, this means less lags and more people playing on the server. I can make such map in Nochance's style but accurate and with minimum detailisation within few hours :) TNT mod that makes TNT crates respawn is already made by DTR and i already tested it. Btw he allowed me in e-mail to use it in mods i work on :)
Dae
Alpha

Postby Jeoh » Tue Jan 11, 05 3:17 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Better make a big map with the base like comm (but more interesting and with holes for shooting) in the center of it. Of course, with that base you can protect yourself with moving walls, and of course you get some more weapon/ammo/bio/med support than outside and you get advantages in shooting enemies.
But everything should be fair. Yes, enemies will have to defend themselves - it will be a bit harder, and they will have to try to kill you in a base. They will have to make a strategies and operate together to take over the base.
Such map will automatically invent teamplay. Teammates in base (which should have 2-3 entrances, so 3 walls, turrets and etc) should teamplay together by deviding by jobs (some people will defend base by shooting, some by moving walls/defending turrets and etc). Teammates outside base will have to think together how to take over the base. Some guys will have to, for example, "divert" enemies from point where others are trying to storm the base.
Everything is so simple? Let's add something new. For example, in that base, people could have a respawning TNT crate in it that cannot be shot by enemy if enemy is outside and didnt enter the base. When enemy stormed the base, he/she shoots the TNT and it kills everyone in building that means that he/she and his/her team took over the base. So, people inside base will have to care about entrances a lot (which should be hard, even with turrets and moving walls).
Also. You know there is a built-in system of spawning? You spawn only where your teammates are, or simply, there is no enemy near (sometimes system makes faults, but this is rare on big maps like Silo, Bunker and etc). So, if you're in the base and your team owns it, and you were shot, you spawn in the base again and you're safe. Or another situation, if you took over the base recently and you shot TNT (and died too, of course) you spawn in the base again - because you killed all enemies.
Of course, the map should be played with lams on 0aug without 20mm. Spawnpoints will be nicely protected. If you accept this and you will play it, i can support the project. I'm working on City, but i can quickly do this map - its fun isnt it? If i do it, don't expect high detail (takes time) = but an add - this means less size of a file, this means less lags and more people playing on the server. I can make such map in Nochance's style but accurate and with minimum detailisation within few hours :) TNT mod that makes TNT crates respawn is already made by DTR and i already tested it. Btw he allowed me in e-mail to use it in mods i work on :)

Dae, I can do a quick bunker for this, using my Castle project. You just need to make the moving walls and things like that :)
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby ZepHroN » Tue Jan 11, 05 5:26 pm

I can make textures and i will support this project 100% - doing what i can :P
ZepHroN
Elite

Postby Bob » Tue Jan 11, 05 5:47 pm

No, no no no

I plan to make it like a mutator so all the maps don't have to be placed into a giant mod and re-distributed. Yes its possible to add more maps to the project.

And I think the standard 5 maps do the job, more could be implemented at a later date.
Bob
Forum God

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 11, 05 6:14 pm

I willl support this project 100%
as i am co-creator of it
i don't know how to mod therefore i willl be saying
GO TEAM!!
YEY!!!
XD
®ĈŦĹ-Copyright of Jay and Chris 2005®©
~Capture The Lift~
Chris

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Tue Jan 11, 05 8:42 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Better make a big map with the base like comm (but more interesting and with holes for shooting) in the center of it. Of course, with that base you can protect yourself with moving walls, and of course you get some more weapon/ammo/bio/med support than outside and you get advantages in shooting enemies.

Brilliant idea Dae! I want to help with this mod because its cool but i don't know what i can do to help?

JC
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby AlexDenton » Tue Jan 11, 05 8:48 pm

the advantage of a re-release would be that us hardcore CT-ers would have a private server to play on, or it could be used to pulicify the concept of CT

however, i think we would all rather avoid a re-release if possible

but everyone is asking for certain things which REQUIRE a re-release
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Bob » Tue Jan 11, 05 10:12 pm

Which I intend to avoid.
Bob
Forum God

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Jan 11, 05 10:19 pm

most of the concepts of what people have said

capturing a point
area changing colour
the whole insult thing (like 5 colour madness)

its all on UT

if all this is down to being similar to UT domination or capture the flag, or even assault, then it is going to be possible with DX, same editor :D

if you wanted to make a straight conversion of UT dom 2 dx you would need

2 teams
3 capturing points
whenever a point gets captured the area changes colour plus a global announcment saying "point bla bla has been capped"
then the scoring system is every second whoever has 1 area gets 1 point, 2 for 2 areas, 3 for 3 areas, until maximum score is reached

however ive talked 2 bob and he says he wants a mutator, which is going to be hard to implement

anyway a dx dom example would be say

area 51

comms
warehouse
tower

the other thing UT dom had was 2-4 teams instead of 2 teams, hard to create on dx methinks

but remember if theyve done it on UT, its possible on DX, so yeah, i will help as much as i can
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Bob » Tue Jan 11, 05 10:22 pm

Thanks for that mate.

I'll take it all into consideration.

But as you know. I plan to change as little as possible, so re-distribution of the maps was needed

But as I was thinking, I thought that this would be impossible as you would need to change zone properties and the likes. So it look like we will have to do that.

Any experienced coders?
Bob
Forum God

Postby Dae » Wed Jan 12, 05 6:36 pm

There are only 4 good coders in the community. 2 of them can do a positioning system well, but im not sure they're really wanting to help you. The adv of my project is that its very simple and fun, no old boring maps, and its easy to do and doesnt require coding :)
Dae
Alpha

Postby Jeoh » Wed Jan 12, 05 6:38 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There are only 4 good coders in the community. 2 of them can do a positioning system well, but im not sure they're really wanting to help you. The adv of my project is that its very simple and fun, no old boring maps, and its easy to do and doesnt require coding :)

Yep!
Dae, shall I begin making a bunker like map?
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Bob » Wed Jan 12, 05 6:53 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There are only 4 good coders in the community. 2 of them can do a positioning system well, but im not sure they're really wanting to help you. The adv of my project is that its very simple and fun, no old boring maps, and its easy to do and doesnt require coding :)

I'm sure I could aquire the help of Alrighty and JimBo
Bob
Forum God

Postby AlexDenton » Wed Jan 12, 05 6:55 pm

flib is a good cod0rz0rz

and according to himself, so is (DXM)IAMME lol
AlexDenton
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Thu Jan 13, 05 3:54 pm

Well, try then ;)
Dae
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Jan 13, 05 10:41 pm

Try if you must

Muhahahaha

Muhahahaha

MUHAHAHAHA

good ol' [A]dlus
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby clyzm » Fri Jan 14, 05 4:36 am

:) :) :) :)

THIS MOD MUST BE MADE!
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Bob » Fri Jan 14, 05 5:07 pm

I am working on assembling an able team as we speak
Bob
Forum God

Postby MrBlackDX » Fri Jan 14, 05 6:15 pm

im a team, maybe
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Bob » Sat Dec 10, 05 10:15 pm

Lets all hurl abuse at Bob for giving in too easily!

GINGER!
Bob
Forum God

Postby Rödewijk » Sat Dec 10, 05 10:23 pm

need a mapper then im ur man ^_^
Rödewijk
Master

Next

Return to Modifications