AllanTeleporter Teleport Gun mod!

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

AllanTeleporter Teleport Gun mod!

Postby Allan » Wed Aug 16, 06 11:35 am

Okies peeps, if some of you remember, I made a basic teleport gun in SuperMod. A long... while ago. Well, after re-visiting it's source, and giving it a go-over, I've come up with this: The AllanTeleporter mod.

(CRITICAL NOTE: This is still in beta, but is fairly stable. The only known bug to me is that attack robots (IE: SecurityBot* and MilitaryBot) cannot be moved over a great distance with the use of Admin Move mode. Else you'll get a GPF, blabbing about how the robot had an infinite recession loop, or some shizz like that...)

Well, i guess I should say what this can do...

It's modes are:
~ Teleport(Wow, that was a given...),
~ (Admin) Move actors(Like the admin mode for Bowen's mod, but with a different system for doing it. At least as far as I know of.)
~ (Admin) Door Breaching mode(Blows up DeusExMovers near the HitLocation point)
~ Portal-To-Portal(Basically, it's the same as the HL mod. Better yet, provided you set the variable to a high enough level, it'll make you go into free-fall. That was well fun testing free-falling from the EvilLab lift-shaft, a classic, sending a hooker do her death, then seeing her re-appear every 0.8 seconds, and she's ~STILL~ falling!...)

And a side-note, all the code used from other people has been credited in the source code for the mod. Happy teleporting!
Attachments
AllanTeleporter.u
Allan's AllanTeleporter mod, for AllanTeleporting! (The sayings :"AllanTeleporter" and "AllanTeleporting" are (c)Allan 2006.) You need the teleporter's texture pack to use this mod on a server. It can be found below this.
(34.2 KiB) Downloaded 760 times
AllanTel.utx
Allan's FireTextures for the AllanTeleporterGun. Makes the teleporter beams, and the teleporter spheres tint to their respective team's colour.
(8.3 KiB) Downloaded 638 times
Last edited by Allan on Sun Aug 20, 06 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Allan
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Wed Aug 16, 06 12:15 pm

Woot, i will put this gun on my server :P
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Gishank » Wed Aug 16, 06 2:41 pm

Sorry for the double post but i have found a very large error... There is no way to use it on any map or summon it ingame, because it gives a GPF, this could be because you protected it too much...

p.s i got my virtual memory cache cleared, it wasn't allans mod after all :)
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Eçheløn » Wed Aug 16, 06 10:03 pm

"use freely" does this mean i can
play around with the mod i.e make changes and other stuff??? :D
Eçheløn
Poster

Postby Allan » Wed Aug 16, 06 10:06 pm

The "Use Freely" bit was a joke about the so-called sayings ("AllanTeleporter" and "AllanTeleporting"), and what would you want the source of this for anyway?
Allan
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Wed Aug 16, 06 10:26 pm

Allan, how you haven't been accepted into [A] yet is beyond me.

IF you want this is, make another application, you deserve to get in, you have great maps and really good personality, I really think you should give it another shot, that is, if you still want to.

If not, cool and good luck with all maps and keep up the good work :)

GG
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Allan » Wed Aug 16, 06 10:57 pm

Thanks for the support, but I think I'll let the dust settle a bit, then try again.

Sh¤gån wrote:Sorry for the double post but i have found a very large error... There is no way to use it on any map or summon it ingame, because it gives a GPF, this could be because you protected it too much...
p.s i got my virtual memory cache cleared, it wasn't allans mod after all :)

Major editness: I entirely forgot the texture package for this! *Smacks head against wall* If you've downloaded this, it's VITAL you download this to make the mod run! This should make it run perfecto for you =)

*Edited and put on 1st post.*
Last edited by Allan on Sun Aug 20, 06 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Thu Aug 17, 06 9:32 am

Nope, i still think it's because you protected your mod on all 3 levels. Heres a screenie of the GPF...
Attachments
GPF again.JPG
GPF again.JPG (83.44 KiB) Viewed 17861 times
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Aug 17, 06 2:16 pm

Sh¤gån wrote:Nope, i still think it's because you protected your mod on all 3 levels. Heres a screenie of the GPF...

He would have tested it with protection, otherwise there would be no point releasing it.
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Gishank » Thu Aug 17, 06 3:55 pm

You have no PROOF that he did test it with protection though.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Aug 17, 06 4:06 pm

Sh¤gån wrote:You have no PROOF that he did test it with protection though.

If he didn't, then he should not have released it.

Rule #32:
Test. Test. Test.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Gishank » Thu Aug 17, 06 4:39 pm

He has tested it without protection though... I know that. Because i was on his server when he was testing it.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Aug 17, 06 4:44 pm

Sh¤gån wrote:He has tested it without protection though... I know that. Because i was on his server when he was testing it.

The last step in releasing a project is to test the distrobution version.

No point releasing it if no one can install it.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Allan » Thu Aug 17, 06 4:46 pm

There's NO protection on it. (Shizz, should I have said that... Now everyone'll be cracking it open like eggs...)
Allan
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Thu Aug 17, 06 5:01 pm

There must be, i open'd it in WOTGreal to see if it was protected, and no source was shown, so it's protected on level 3 of nobodys mod protecter :-/

EDIT: I redownloaded it and now it works :-/
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Allan » Thu Aug 17, 06 5:05 pm

Sh¤gån wrote:I opened it in WOTGreal to see if it was protected, and no source was shown, so it's protected on level 3 of nobodys mod protecter :-/

Well, that's seriously fucked up =S

Glad you could get it working. Happy AllanTeleporting XD
Allan
Alpha

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Aug 17, 06 6:57 pm

Sh¤gån wrote:There must be, i open'd it in WOTGreal to see if it was protected, and no source was shown, so it's protected on level 3 of nobodys mod protecter :-/

EDIT: I redownloaded it and now it works :-/

Did the first download finish?

Trying to load half a class could certianly fsck up DX...
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Gishank » Thu Aug 17, 06 7:09 pm

I did download it all, it was a faulty dled.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Fri Aug 18, 06 8:58 pm

If there are any problems with the modprotectiontool, report it on the release topic and i will try to fix it in a new version
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Allan » Fri Aug 18, 06 9:04 pm

Nah, seems to have just been a dodgey download on Klop's part. Strange how it's had 11 ish downloads, but no-one but him has posted about it...

Where'd the other 8 odd downloads go? (1 for me, one for Klop's original DL, and one for the non-broken one. That's all I can account for...)
Allan
Alpha

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Fri Aug 18, 06 9:32 pm

well.. my telnet mod was downloaded much as well and noone gave a comment about it
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Cozmo » Sun Aug 20, 06 10:33 pm

Allan wrote:Nah, seems to have just been a dodgey download on Klop's part. Strange how it's had 11 ish downloads, but no-one but him has posted about it...

Where'd the other 8 odd downloads go? (1 for me, one for Klop's original DL, and one for the non-broken one. That's all I can account for...)

Me. 8) I got source on first day of release but im not a mod thief. :D
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby Allan » Sun Aug 20, 06 10:36 pm

Someone's either been repeat-downloading it for source, or just being an ass-pain.. it's clocked up nearly 40 DL's now...
Allan
Alpha

Re: AllanTeleporter Teleport Gun mod!

Postby Big Daddy » Sat Sep 02, 06 11:32 pm

Allan wrote:Okies peeps, if some of you remember, I made a basic teleport gun in SuperMod. A long... while ago. Well, after re-visiting it's source, and giving it a go-over, I've come up with this: The AllanTeleporter mod.

(CRITICAL NOTE: This is still in beta, but is fairly stable. The only known bug to me is that attack robots (IE: SecurityBot* and MilitaryBot) cannot be moved over a great distance with the use of Admin Move mode. Else you'll get a GPF, blabbing about how the robot had an infinite recession loop, or some shizz like that...)

Well, i guess I should say what this can do...

It's modes are:
~ Teleport(Wow, that was a given...),
~ (Admin) Move actors(Like the admin mode for Bowen's mod, but with a different system for doing it. At least as far as I know of.)
~ (Admin) Door Breaching mode(Blows up DeusExMovers near the HitLocation point)
~ Portal-To-Portal(Basically, it's the same as the HL mod. Better yet, provided you set the variable to a high enough level, it'll make you go into free-fall. That was well fun testing free-falling from the EvilLab lift-shaft, a classic, sending a hooker do her death, then seeing her re-appear every 0.8 seconds, and she's ~STILL~ falling!...)

And a side-note, all the code used from other people has been credited in the source code for the mod. Happy teleporting!

Yet again you make DX a fun festival :) . Unfortunately I have family issues to solve and I have basically quit DX but I'll still be on CS, Battlefield 2 and IMVU. You never know I may come back.
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby Gishank » Sun Sep 03, 06 9:40 am

Tant you hardley play dxmp anyways :P
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Big Daddy » Sun Sep 03, 06 2:22 pm

I used to play it all the time. Now I'm just bored of it because nothing new is coming out.
A CNN reporter, while interviewing a Marine Sniper, asked. "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?"
The Marine shrugged and replied, "Recoil."
Sig by Protocol but I did help.....I gave him the render if that counts as something.
Big Daddy
Forum Hero

Postby Allan » Fri Sep 08, 06 9:42 pm

Well, this coming weekend is going to be a bit dull, as both my parents are out and about the place. I've got nothing better to do, so can you lot suggest some new modes for this teleport gun to use? I need something to keep my mind off dying my terminal death of bored-ness, so come up with the most in-sane ideas you think a teleport gun needs, and i'll see about making some of the modes optional extras in a .ini file. (Thanks x1,000,000 for teaching me that, Alex =) )
Allan
Alpha

Postby Ayleth » Wed Nov 15, 06 8:09 am

could i grab some of the source off of you to try and add more functionality to it? then i'd give you the updated ver and you could look it over to see if you like it, then add it to the pub version.
¨‘°ºMåsåmµñ£º°‘¨
˙•●●ĊђασsΪηcǻяйαѓε●●•˙
jason.unger@gmail.com
Ayleth
Regular

Postby Avenger » Tue Dec 19, 06 9:12 pm

what do we need to type in in the dx ini ?

how do we summon the gun ?
I will withdraw; but this intrusion shall
Now seeming sweet, convert to bitt'rest gall

|<~~Avenger~~>|
Avenger
Wannabe

Postby Allan » Tue Dec 19, 06 9:20 pm

In DeusEx.ini, look for the box with "ServerActors=" lines. At the bottom of those, add this: "ServerPackages=AllanTeleporter". Also, unless you plan to edit the source, I reccomend you take the "EditPackages=AllanTeleporter" line out. Less load on the editor =)
Allan
Alpha

Next

Return to Modifications