HDTP - High Definition Texture Project

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby clyzm » Sat Sep 30, 06 10:34 pm

Yeah, but I'm tired of people that don't know shit about modelling to be giving me pointers on what to say about a mod that includes models.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Sep 30, 06 10:53 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:Yeah, but I'm tired of people that don't know shit about modelling to be giving me pointers on what to say about a mod that includes models.

Well maybe if you tried the mod before saying something like that maybe I wouldn't..

From peoples responses, apparently on this occasion your knowledge of modelling was misplaced :]
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sat Sep 30, 06 10:57 pm

Spiderf[A]g01 wrote:
[A] Cataclyzm wrote:Yeah, but I'm tired of people that don't know shit about modelling to be giving me pointers on what to say about a mod that includes models.

Well maybe if you tried the mod before saying something like that maybe I wouldn't..

From peoples responses, apparently on this occasion your knowledge of modelling was misplaced :]

I tried it, and it was crap.

Gunther ran around like a spaz when attacking, had bad animations & very weak attack anims.

Noobs (the so called "people") don't know shit about modelling, because they haven't experienced better modelling. There was no weapons updated, just a few items & characters. It wasn't good at all. It doesn't matter what noobs say about it, the more experienced people's opinions matter. I've had more modelling expertise than the noobs who jack off and go "zomg IS SOO COOOL" to be like one of them.

So, imho, this mod is so far 3.5/10. It lagged, too.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Sep 30, 06 10:59 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:
Spiderf[A]g01 wrote:

I tried it, and it was crap.

Gunther ran around like a spaz when attacking, had bad animations & very weak attack anims.

Noobs (the so called "people") don't know shit about modelling, because they haven't experienced better modelling. There was no weapons updated, just a few items & characters. It wasn't good at all. It doesn't matter what noobs say about it, the more experienced people's opinions matter. I've had more modelling expertise than the noobs who jack off and go "zomg IS SOO COOOL" to be like one of them.

So, imho, this mod is so far 3.5/10. It lagged, too.

You say it's noobs saying it's good? Is it me or was Dae the person who said he liked everything apart from Gunther? ;)

I also find it amusing how your opinion matches that of Klop. gg all.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sat Sep 30, 06 11:06 pm

This must be eye candy to you guys who don't know about modelling.

I have an idea for you, however;

Model for about 3-4 years, go learn it, make at least 15 successful models then come back and let's see if your opinion is the same.

I find it amusing that Klop's opinion is actually smarter than yours, albeit the fact that he doesn't know crap about modelling.

And dae, unlike you and other noobs, said he had a problem with the lighting on the high poly models. At least he makes constructive criticism, the rest of the people who are jacking off to it go "ZOMG THE MODELS ARE SO NICE ZOMG".
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Sep 30, 06 11:11 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:This must be eye candy to you guys who don't know about modelling.

I have an idea for you, however;

Model for about 3-4 years, go learn it, make at least 15 successful models then come back and let's see if your opinion is the same.

I find it amusing that Klop's opinion is actually smarter than yours, albeit the fact that he doesn't know crap about modelling.

And dae, unlike you and other noobs, said he had a problem with the lighting on the high poly models. At least he makes constructive criticism, the rest of the people who are jacking off to it go "ZOMG THE MODELS ARE SO NICE ZOMG".

You can do better? Go for it bro. I genuinly would like to see the best the community has to offer.

And you can't talk to me about constructive criticism, considering you cant seem to make a comment without an expletive in it...
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sat Sep 30, 06 11:19 pm

HDTP has made several good models & textures. I like their models and all, but I don't like the idea of the thing in the first place. Most player models have very bad character anims, and some models just aren't original DX-feel. There's no plot into this, there's no updated music or anything, and the download is 17mb, which it shouldn't be for just a few remodelled weapons, items & characters. They did a pretty good job making the models, but they ignored the fact that people may not need it, and that it might lag with the lighting and polys, and they need to review their animations.

I don't need to do better, the fact that I'm working for a mod right now - as a modeller/animator/skinner - is proof enough that I have a stronger opinion, and with that stronger opinion comes better criticism. If you may not agree with my criticism, you would be wrong because you haven't had any information on what category it falls under. If they made maps, for example, updated & all, then I would've considered your opinion wise, but they didn't. They made models & textures, not maps. So your opinion is null to me, regardless of how many people disagree with my opinion. When they have a better insight on what HDTP just did, I would acknowledge their opinion, but you are out of line just to tell me that 5 people say it's good and 2 people say it's bad, and that the people that say it's bad are "stupid" and not "smart" to make a decision (typical Klop behavior.) You wouldn't talk about Klop, your IP matches his, gg.

That constructive enough for you, or do I need to get Mr. Rogers out here?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Sat Sep 30, 06 11:42 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:That constructive enough for you, or do I need to get Mr. Rogers out here?

Who? I'm here :)
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby Fatman » Sun Oct 01, 06 1:39 am

Cataclyzm, i do love you mods, but i also enjoy what they have done in this mod. I had no lag playing this mod, well i only played the demo map and the first mission. Yes Gunther dose kinda move oddly and the crowbar dose look weird, but if you ever played the DX for PS2 the crowbar hits the same way. But the mod said that they where going to change charters to give them more of a dark moody look and feel. But if you like they are taking comments for the community at the forums which this is the link if you need it.
Tell them what you think, that want it that way.
http://offtopicproductions.com/forum/
Fatman
Wannabe

Postby VodunLoas » Sun Oct 01, 06 5:23 am

They believe that most people who play new games of today should have computers that can handle this mod. Also, they are taking these criticisms and fixing what everyone has a problem with do to models, skins, animations. And about the JC model... come on guys you think that texture is the finished one?? WTF... thats just a test skin to place on it to show the model.
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sun Oct 01, 06 6:38 am

~D[A]rren~ wrote:
[A] Cataclyzm wrote:That constructive enough for you, or do I need to get Mr. Rogers out here?

Who? I'm here :)

Mr. Rogers, never watchd him when you were a kid? The guy was a secret perv, lol.

Anyways, I know the skin is a test, but I think they'll do a good job with the texture - I like how well-put gunther is, but he looks a little bit ... well.. weird, not DX-style, more like a military style person, like in Killzone.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby MainMan » Sun Oct 01, 06 7:40 am

Like I said before, I dunno, it's good an' all, but it's just not DX.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Dae » Sun Oct 01, 06 7:46 am

VodunLoas wrote:They believe that most people who play new games of today should have computers that can handle this mod. Also, they are taking these criticisms and fixing what everyone has a problem with do to models, skins, animations. And about the JC model... come on guys you think that texture is the finished one?? WTF... thats just a test skin to place on it to show the model.

Well, I believe that it's not only about computer specs, but also that Deus Ex wasn't technically supposed for such detail. That's why lighting looks odd on many models -- some polygons are completely black.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Oct 06, 06 4:48 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:HDTP has made several good models & textures. I like their models and all, but I don't like the idea of the thing in the first place. Most player models have very bad character anims, and some models just aren't original DX-feel. There's no plot into this, there's no updated music or anything, and the download is 17mb, which it shouldn't be for just a few remodelled weapons, items & characters. They did a pretty good job making the models, but they ignored the fact that people may not need it, and that it might lag with the lighting and polys, and they need to review their animations.

I don't need to do better, the fact that I'm working for a mod right now - as a modeller/animator/skinner - is proof enough that I have a stronger opinion, and with that stronger opinion comes better criticism. If you may not agree with my criticism, you would be wrong because you haven't had any information on what category it falls under. If they made maps, for example, updated & all, then I would've considered your opinion wise, but they didn't. They made models & textures, not maps. So your opinion is null to me, regardless of how many people disagree with my opinion. When they have a better insight on what HDTP just did, I would acknowledge their opinion, but you are out of line just to tell me that 5 people say it's good and 2 people say it's bad, and that the people that say it's bad are "stupid" and not "smart" to make a decision (typical Klop behavior.) You wouldn't talk about Klop, your IP matches his, gg.

That constructive enough for you, or do I need to get Mr. Rogers out here?

amagad your IP matches Darkdragons :O That must make you the same person! ¬___¬
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Oct 06, 06 4:55 pm

At least I have an excuse - he's my brother, we share the same computer.

Where's yours?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Oct 06, 06 7:04 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:At least I have an excuse - he's my brother, we share the same computer.

Where's yours?

I entered Klop. He now resides under my desk.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Oct 06, 06 9:10 pm

You entered klop?

Like cut up his corpse and made his organs and insides your shelter in times of desperation?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Oct 06, 06 10:55 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:You entered klop?

Like cut up his corpse and made his organs and insides your shelter in times of desperation?

No. I penetrated him. Duh.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Oct 06, 06 10:56 pm

With what, may I ask?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Fatman » Sat Oct 07, 06 1:40 am

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:With what, may I ask?

Do you really want to know? It could be nasty...
Fatman
Wannabe

Postby Bezza » Sat Oct 07, 06 9:10 pm

Spiderf[A]g01 wrote:
[A] Cataclyzm wrote:With what, may I ask?

My penis.

~[A]Nobody: SPIDEY FFS! No X-rated replies, you're starting to be like Bezza!~

>:[
I found a bug on this btw, or it might just be my computer but on the Ship map (forgot it's name...) after i reverse the flow and destroy those blocks on the wall I come out of the lower decks and I try to get away from the ship but as soon as i get off the ship my DX freezes, then I have to turn off the computer by holding down the turning on button (whatever it's called) for 10 seconds, ctrl + alt + del doesn't work, neither does anything else like alt+F4 :evil:
Not sure why it happens but i ended up having to run down to the lower decks and bringing up the legend and changing the map that way. :shock:
Bezza
Poster

Postby [4R]The Fuhrer » Fri Nov 10, 06 2:10 am

What kind of hopeless hacks would spend their time making a high resolution pack for an ancient game on an obsolete engine... this reminds me of that fucking high resolution wolfenstein 3D attempt.
[4R]The Fuhrer

Postby VodunLoas » Fri Nov 10, 06 2:27 am

Why would some hopeless ass come here and post things about an old ass game. Because you like it. Biatch. :wink:
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Nov 10, 06 3:51 am

K H A N A T E wrote:What kind of hopeless hacks would spend their time making a high resolution pack for an ancient game on an obsolete engine... this reminds me of that fucking high resolution wolfenstein 3D attempt.

I wouldn't know, but their models are kickass.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Dae » Fri Nov 10, 06 5:16 pm

K H A N A T E wrote:What kind of hopeless hacks would spend their time making a high resolution pack for an ancient game on an obsolete engine... this reminds me of that fucking high resolution wolfenstein 3D attempt.

Well, if it was just an 'ancient game' noone would have started doing such things.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Tue Nov 28, 06 3:08 pm

We either like it or we don't.

We don't need to fuss about each others oppions, another persons opinion shouldn't mean shit too you, it's only yours that counts. So I wouldn't bother filling this topic up with flames.

Learn to accept other peoples views, for christ sakes.

In my opinion
, I think it's ok. But it needs more work, which is still being done but at least it makes things interesting for the community.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby clyzm » Tue Nov 28, 06 10:23 pm

The topic's old, man.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~Hy[ß]rid~ » Wed Nov 29, 06 3:38 am

Yeah, no shit. Old topics get me off.
~`[EL]HýbriÐ`~

~Hy[ß]rid~
Master

Postby Eçheløn » Fri Dec 01, 06 1:05 pm

can this mod be used on the slimline version of dx ?
becoz i'm getting a "missing ini" error.
Eçheløn
Poster

Postby Dae » Fri Dec 01, 06 3:07 pm

No. SlimLine is only DXMP, and this mod is supposed to be played only in SP. You can't play HDTP in DXMP.
Dae
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Modifications