Dam this

Discussion about the sequel by Ion Storm.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Dam this

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 17, 03 7:37 am

My DX2 is crashing every time when i load the game, new game/save game and so, i can't play it. Menu with screen and nice music works.
I have Pentium 4, 2.4 GHz, 1000 Ram, 40 GB free space; directx 9.0, Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4200; Win XP.
When i load the game, cursor disappears and appears Windows one, then the game window crashes and appears a message: "We want to send a report to Microsoft about an error" and something like this (bcos i have russian win xp).
Damnit, i want to play DX2.
Dae
Alpha

Postby UNDERNET » Wed Dec 17, 03 9:05 pm

do u have the geforce 4 (MX)

if so u cant run it because mx is not supported
also some models of GF4 dont support pixel and vertex shaders which is what dx2 needs.

also if u have had the game copied or downloaded it then it wont work unless you override the ionlauncher.exe with a cracked one.
WARNING!
THE >>[UNDERNETWORK]<< IS WATCHING YOU! BEWARE!
UNDERNET

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 17, 03 9:46 pm

Crack - installed (thx to Ded). Mine isn't MX. And i don't think that problem is related to video-card.
Dae
Alpha

Postby BrennyBoy » Wed Dec 17, 03 10:08 pm

No your Graphics card should run it easyly.
-Brennyboy, BRENDAN aka Ironman
for the lush theame tune click the followoing link: http://www.thermaldegree.com//Iron_Man_1996.mp3
BrennyBoy

Postby UNDERNET » Sat Dec 20, 03 10:28 am

when u load a game or start a new one does dx crash to the desktop and u get the message wrong disk inserted (retrey,cancel)

i had this problem, the ion launcher dosent fix everything, the only way to get round it is to burn the contents of disk 1 to a real disk and keep it in ur cd rom drive, after that it worked fine for me. (burn the .cue file and .bin file)

i tried using a virtual drive but it didnt work because it only looks for the disk on your physical disk drive.

you wont need to burn the second disk atall because it will never ask for it. it only needs the cdrom when you load levels (sort of copy protection)

try this

let me know if u still have problems
WARNING!
THE >>[UNDERNETWORK]<< IS WATCHING YOU! BEWARE!
UNDERNET

Postby Splitter » Thu Dec 25, 03 7:55 pm

should work on a Virtual drive if you use Daemon Tools. I've got DX2 but my poor, poor GeForce 4 MX can't run it...DAMN THEM!!! Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait for the lesser X-Box version without a mouse and Keyboard :(
»§plíttèr/§plícè«
» ÐÇsß « » eNigma² «
Getting TK'd since 24/11/03
Splitter
Alpha

Return to Deus Ex: Invisible War