How to host a funline map?

The forum for discussions that don't fall into any of release topics below.

Moderator: Forum Guards

How to host a funline map?

Postby Capi » Sat Jul 15, 06 12:15 am

I put FunLine_Unlimited_v3 in maps folder and i start deusex and click on internet and host , but the map isnt there :(

How to fix this?

i want to be able to host roleplay/fun maps.
Capi

Postby Cozmo » Sat Jul 15, 06 9:59 am

Have you put the .u files in your system folder? And the .utx into your textures folder?
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby Gishank » Sat Jul 15, 06 10:18 am

Hate to point out the obvious, but did you add it in your ini? If not open deusex.ini and find the list of maps then add the name of the map, scroll down and add (12-16 in the amount of players section.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Sat Jul 15, 06 11:39 am

Capi
first of all, make sure you've got all the required files. You can download them from here.
Secondly, go to your DeusEx.ini (it's a file located in DeusEx/System directory, icon of text document and a gear wheel) and find there [DeusEx.dxmaplist] and under this line, find a free element, for example:
Code: Select all
Maps[5]=
then, fill it with the map name, so it's gonna look like
Code: Select all
Maps[5]=FunLine_UnlimitedParty-3
Dae
Alpha

Postby Capi » Sat Jul 15, 06 3:15 pm

SHeeesh

I do have all files , i added all the .u and .utx and the others in system and texture and wherever they was gona be.

I never knew i was gona add it in the deusex.ini , now i just have one question .. how do i make my self admin?
Capi

Postby Dae » Sat Jul 15, 06 3:41 pm

Capi wrote:SHeeesh

I do have all files , i added all the .u and .utx and the others in system and texture and wherever they was gona be.

I never knew i was gona add it in the deusex.ini , now i just have one question .. how do i make my self admin?

Actually you may not add it to deusex.ini, but then you will not be able to choose it from that list on "host game" screen. You may also setup a server via .bat batch file where you may specify the map to start from or just type "servertravel mapname" in the console (or "admin servertravel mapname").
About admin login: you have to specify admin's password in DeusEx.ini (find variable AdminPassword), then in game, type "adminlogin password". To log out type "adminlogout".
If you use MTL you may type the admin's password in that password field before joining the server. Then you will log in as soon as you enter the server and you will not have to log in again after map change.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Allan » Sat Jul 15, 06 5:41 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:If you use MTL you may type the admin's password in that password field before joining the server. Then you will log in as soon as you enter the server and you will not have to log in again after map change.
Wow, didn't know that =) Have fun with Funline Capi =D
Allan
Alpha

Postby Capi » Mon Jul 17, 06 10:48 am

Thank you :D
Capi

Return to Comments, questions, requests