[3] DXL

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 11, 06 9:42 am

¤[ß2S]¤je$u$ wrote:there are ppl that just mod nd dont play nd i just dont agree with that.

if there was plenty of players then i wouldnt mind but there isnt plety of players. i dont make mods i PLAY dx. and as far as i can c thts all that the community needs, PLAYERS :roll:

If there weren't any modders, DX would've been dead far by now.
Then there would be no DXMTL, and no server security, also said, all servers would've been hacked a million times by now.
Alex
Alpha

Postby ~[T]GrimRaPeR~ » Sat Nov 11, 06 5:18 pm

~[A]Cataclyzm~ wrote:Ste, Dream, Jesus, how about you guys show me a mod that YOU have created and I might consider your side of the argument.

It's Grim first of all,Dream is on a different forum altogether.
And I don't mod,I mapped for a bit which I soon got fed up of.I play the game,take part in tournaments organised by the triads and whenever someone asks me to train them,I'll do so.I don't see why you sit around on this forum thinking your great because your clearly not.I'll play the game and try keep some games going in the servers while you guys have fun writing script.
~[T]GrimRaPeR~
Poster

Postby jesus » Sat Nov 11, 06 8:35 pm

agreed, there are sum wonderful mod out there. no 1 id trying to take that from u, but u c the way u have made a few dozzen guns alll in the alpha lab section. wa is the poiint if no 1 is there to play them.

its grate if u play AND map/ mod at the same time. i just think its killing the game.
BTW cata, y did u quit playing nd mecome a full time moder?
jesus
Elite

Postby Alex » Sat Nov 11, 06 10:02 pm

Making mods isn't killing the game. A lot of players would have left a long time ago, if there weren't any mods. Some players want new things to explore, and play. Sure, some only want to fight augs/zero augs on the basic maps, but not everyone is like those people. If we didn't had any mods, as example the guns that were made, or any other, 90% of the deus ex community would have left by now.
Alex
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sat Nov 11, 06 10:42 pm

I had a long post to begin with, but I figured that would cause more problems to arise.

I'll just end with this:

People can choose what they want to do. You cannot tell them what to do or not do. Sure, you may suggest, but not everyone will listen to you. If some people think modding and not playing is right, then just leave them alone. The playing community is what you like to spend time in, right? Then leave other people alone. Not everybody wants to play DXMP. This is due to not everyone liking it, and honestly I agree with them. When DXMP gets better, I'll consider a chance to play in it.

But before that, don't bother other people on what they should and should not do. You can't go on a forum saying "hey why dont you guys get off your fat arses and play this." They won't listen to you because they don't want to do it anyway.

And before you think "i tink modding and not playing is just wrong", keep in mind not everybody mods for DXMP. Some people do it for single player, while others do it for DXMP but choose not to play in it.

As for Andy, I do not think I'm great by just sitting around here. The only way to be great is to achieve your lifetime goal, what you want to be. I want to be a modeller. And I am! But I want to get paid for it. I know that you help people and train them and whatnot, and tbh, that is great as you are one of the greatest people on DX right now if you say what you mean. But I just choose not to play DXMP, sure I still play SP, but not MP anymore.

My point being this: Don't tell people to stop doing what they want to do just because you feel they are killing DX. Let them do whatever they want.
Last edited by clyzm on Sat Nov 11, 06 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby jesus » Sun Nov 12, 06 1:09 am

well i was just realy curious as to y. nd i have that answwer now. i c ur point of view now. im not trying to get u to play i just thought it wird.

i still find it odd but meh, and i do like what u do, and i thank u and the modding community for all the brill mods out there.

i dont wana tell u what to do, its just the game is dieing nd we realy do need all the players we can get. but yes i do agree with u that sum mods are also keepen the game goen.
jesus
Elite

Postby clyzm » Sun Nov 12, 06 1:24 am

Well think about it. The more players you have, the more people will play. But keep in mind that the more people that will play, the more people that will defect on DX due to reasons they have.

It's like owning a big dog complex. If you have a lot of dogs, a group of them will be sure to bite you.

Same goes with DX. If you keep recruiting new people, some of them will quit, others will hate augs or 0 augs, and more will keep fighting and arguing. Some of them can even turn into the next Deja!

These things you've got to keep in mind.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby jesus » Sun Nov 12, 06 2:49 pm

are u saying that every 1 should just stop playing dx now because it is bound to die sum day???

the same could be said for counterstrike, its popular now but in 6 years time will it be??? 1 day it will die so y not now.

thats the biggest pile of shit i have ever herd. of course it will die sumday. all games die, but i want to keep it alive for as long as possible so i can get as much enjoyment as possible for as long as possible.

it will die its just a question of when, not if.
jesus
Elite

Postby clyzm » Sun Nov 12, 06 10:11 pm

¤[ß2S]¤je$u$ wrote:are u saying that every 1 should just stop playing dx now because it is bound to die sum day???

the same could be said for counterstrike, its popular now but in 6 years time will it be??? 1 day it will die so y not now.

thats the biggest pile of shit i have ever herd. of course it will die sumday. all games die, but i want to keep it alive for as long as possible so i can get as much enjoyment as possible for as long as possible.

it will die its just a question of when, not if.

I'm not saying that at all. It's a question of how much players you want in it. DX had a huge amount of players when it started era 2002-2004 - roughly almost every server was half + filled with players. But, as time progressed, we had less and less. DX didn't die, even though most people said it would; it still lives.

My point is that DX is a game that doesn't compare with Counterstrike; CS has been popular for YEARS now. DX hasn't, but look at it; it's still living. Just that, when you have too many players like on CS, bad things are bound to happen.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby jesus » Sun Nov 12, 06 10:45 pm

i agree with u. i like dx now. i like the small community as it is. i know every 1 nd every 1 knows me nd that the same way it is with every 1. its like a small town.

but in cs u play sum 1 1 day, u might not ever c him again.

i just dont want our numbers to fall any more, a lil groth would be good.
jesus
Elite

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Nov 12, 06 10:46 pm

Hand out CD's at your school.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Nov 12, 06 11:06 pm

MastaKilla wrote:Hand out CD's at your school.

Did something similar, didn't really work.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Sun Nov 12, 06 11:35 pm

Spam the link of slimline to everybody's mailbox's animoulsy or whatever, hey, I don't really care, it's bound to yield some results!
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby clyzm » Sun Nov 12, 06 11:54 pm

¤[ß2S]¤je$u$ wrote:i agree with u. i like dx now. i like the small community as it is. i know every 1 nd every 1 knows me nd that the same way it is with every 1. its like a small town.

but in cs u play sum 1 1 day, u might not ever c him again.

i just dont want our numbers to fall any more, a lil groth would be good.

The DXMP community, yes.

The editing community and SP community consists of people you've never even met.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Imperial » Mon Nov 13, 06 12:09 am

Cs is a bitch and quite frankly I don't see why so many people play it.
They take it way too seriously, as I have witnessed on DCSB forums where someone posted a demo of in game play of cs.
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Previous

Return to Multiplayer