New Server

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

New Server

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed May 30, 07 12:55 pm

A new server exists, [FGS]Shadowrunner Server. Some [A] have admin, Some [N] and some [FGS] so far. Maps will always be custom. Server will always be augged. We are looking right now at seeing if we can host DXSG maps without problems too. We are also looking for more admins.

The server will try to be democratic, so if u feel a map or gametype or settings should change, please let me know.

Also I will offer space/times for clan wars and maptesting, just get in touch. Imaginative and well-made maps will get permanent hosting too. There are no special requirements, just make a map how you want to make it, remembering the server is augged.

As I have zero experience, any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed May 30, 07 12:58 pm

NEEDS MORE BFP2.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Wed May 30, 07 1:10 pm

Get Telnet. ^_^. I'm happy to help out Moderating, I always seem to end up moderating the SG servers lol.

Also I agree with Spider. NEEDS MORE BFP2.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Zantinzuken » Wed May 30, 07 6:00 pm

Is it paid for?
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Magus » Wed May 30, 07 6:22 pm

I'm guessing this is part of Dej's initiative to get more augged mappers working on material.

He said somewhere that he'd provide a free server to any augged mapper.
-- Magus "Ours is not to question, only to act!"

Magus
Addict

Postby Mastakilla » Wed May 30, 07 6:45 pm

0 augs or war!
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Imperial » Wed May 30, 07 9:49 pm

Really? mm ok, I guess people can change

So will I pm you about map and such?
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu May 31, 07 1:47 pm

What!?

Now you have completely lost me.

I'm splitting the topic.

Feel free to post to ask questions, give tips, ask to be an admin. Anything else and I will eat your children.

As for Shadow, if you want to justify yourself anymore theres a topic in the rant box. USE THAT ONE, NOT THIS ONE.

Any information you want to post about your server, once again, post it here.
Last edited by Spiderbot01 on Thu May 31, 07 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MJ12 » Thu May 31, 07 2:53 pm

Advaenced team deathmatch :D
MJ12
Wannabe

Postby {BX}Néurótic » Thu May 31, 07 7:03 pm

this servar has nice maps :D

shame its neerly always empty thought :(
{BX}Néurótic

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Thu May 31, 07 10:22 pm

full yesterday, empty today... dunno why.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Jun 01, 07 5:57 am

~[A]Kaiden~

get telnet, sounds great thx...

I'd make you chief admin or something... also it would be good cos u done DXSG b4 too, which is an aim of mine on this server... but not deja's lol...

so far admins are

Jon
noodles
me
Sanctuary
Chinny
Imp
Kuchcik (bless him!)

Jon and Spaz already had an argument in the server...

If twats like Spaz, Jon, Max, Alex etc dont start realizing this game is nearly dead, we are all fucked...

there will be no bannings unless truly necessary. If an admin bans out of spite or rashness, I'll ban the admin myself...

fuck, guess my pm turned into a post somehow... god I hate these forums.
good job i forgot to give you the pword

Verbal abuse of admin will be ignored by admin, unless it affects fighting of the server guests...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Fri Jun 01, 07 6:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Fri Jun 01, 07 8:15 am

Your server will not be popular in the first two weeks. People have to get used to it. It's not that "game is nearly dead", it was like that in 2002, 2003 and so on.
Dae
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Jun 01, 07 12:33 pm

:oops:

thx, I think actually the reason is simple. FGS Wunderland 2 Altfire had a movement bug, which is now fixed and players are going there instead... but that's interesting, 2 weeks eh...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Fri Jun 01, 07 12:45 pm

Throughout these two weeks, when you see the server is empty and it's evening (European), join it and stay. Not necessarily to play, you may just minimize Deus Ex and do what you want.

If you actually can play, when someone joins try not to dominate and let your opponents win with a tiny advantage.

When your server gets popular, always balance teams in the beginning of the game when you play, by using CRD switchplayerteam command or MMSwitcher.

These tricks work! When DXSG server just started, if I recollect correctly, it was one of least visited servers. Same with DXAG.
Last edited by Dae on Fri Jun 01, 07 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Allan » Fri Jun 01, 07 1:16 pm

Oh yeah :) - Players in this game (and about every other) seem to adopt the "0mg - this server haz 20,000 peeplz in. Ill play ther..." attitude. Whilst being logical, it is also detrimental in some aspects to the further evolution of Deus Ex.

But I suppose this "hop on the bandwagon" attitude is the norm in life =P
Last edited by Allan on Fri Jun 01, 07 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Jun 01, 07 4:55 pm

meh...sheep.

[A]Daedalus wrote:When your server gets popular, always balance teams in the beginning of the game when you play, by using CRD switchplayerteam command or MMSwitcher.

One of our [A]dmins pointed out that the server settings might conflict with certain mods/packages and that Teambalancer is Deja's project. Teambalancer seems to keep a game balanced throughout, but it sometimes still you can arrive at 1 v 6 after balancing. I am not sure whether teambalancer picks the right players for each team or not.

Thanks for that great advice. I've noticed if I go in and maptest, very soon the server will start filling... and it's interesting...there's always a map that will make everyone leave, like CMD...

sweet.[/quote]
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Fri Jun 01, 07 6:11 pm

Well, I didn't mean CRD team balancer, but a function when admins manually switch other players.
Dae
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Fri Jun 01, 07 8:04 pm

i had quite a bit of fun in your server, CTDM, very interesting, and that amtrak map or what its called. Dejavu allows CTDM now then ;)
What happened to 101% ATDM dejavu.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Sat Jun 02, 07 8:02 am

ShadowRunner wrote:meh...sheep.

[A]Daedalus wrote:When your server gets popular, always balance teams in the beginning of the game when you play, by using CRD switchplayerteam command or MMSwitcher.

One of our [A]dmins pointed out that the server settings might conflict with certain mods/packages and that Teambalancer is Deja's project. Teambalancer seems to keep a game balanced throughout, but it sometimes still you can arrive at 1 v 6 after balancing. I am not sure whether teambalancer picks the right players for each team or not.

Thanks for that great advice. I've noticed if I go in and maptest, very soon the server will start filling... and it's interesting...there's always a map that will make everyone leave, like CMD...

sweet.
[/quote]
DejaVu's mod is bugged. It once was 2 v 4, and then it made the teams 0 v 6. So much for balancing.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Sat Jun 02, 07 11:48 pm

Cool, PM me my account details if you can be bothered! :D (Telnet)
Last edited by Kaiden on Sat Jun 02, 07 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Thu Jun 07, 07 4:37 pm

Aplogies my gfx card broke, was offline a few days. Dae your advice is spot on. It's easy to fill the server, but not so easy to lose in a gf and even harder to balance the game.

Alex is right, the teambalancer has two flaws. It was designed purely for the beginners server, when teams were really bad. It doesn't decide based on player's past performance, so a 2 v 2 could be two new players and 2 very old players. Also, as Alex says, sometimes it totally fails to balance, doing the opposite and giving u 1 v 9 etc. In my experience it failed about every 8/10th time.

I have to get confirmation, but I believe I can run whatever mod will run, just it has to be an augged game and preferably a new custom map. My own addition is that the map is specifically a Deus Ex map. I would like to see bots, grenades, at least one camera or computer etc...that kind of non-CS stuff.

Teambalancer can be disabled and due to enough requests, I will. This will also enable clan wars etc.

Finally how did anyone find the CTDM? Would you like more skills on start-up... enough for med and 2 weps max skills?
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby synthetic » Thu Jun 07, 07 6:03 pm

i think 4000 sp + 2000 p/k is is pretty nice CTDM set-up, EL had that at some point, 3+2 augs, too
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby rob » Fri Jun 08, 07 6:43 pm

may i ask wich [N] have admn rights?
________
Willy Rampf
Last edited by rob on Fri Feb 18, 11 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
Regular

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Jun 09, 07 7:23 pm

rob wrote:may i ask wich [N] have admn rights?

So far only Chinny has it, but I know you, so it would be fine.

RE: DXMP_Bh_V4, I just tried to host it, but it was missing CaroneElevatorSet, I'm wondering what else would I need, but I'll guess I'll find out...

I didn't realize Alex was your leader, he's co-leader? but thanks for the help Dae/all...
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Ste » Tue Jun 19, 07 12:54 pm

You should have that from when you hosted Evolution my unfinished map. Although it may be a different version?

Also has it got any custom textures? you may not have them niether.

All i can suggest tbh bud
Truth is, ya gonna die.
Ste
Poster

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Jun 23, 07 9:41 am

thx ill get that sorted and mappers dont hesitate to send in maps!

EDIT:
The server was busy today, when it was the busiest for hours, some people came from another server...teamkilled until my guests asked me to ban them. This went on for a while. When I follow the players to another server, I noticed this server has also an edit of mole_people and lots of teamkilling going on. I called them noobs for tk and was banned without warning on this server... the busier it gets, the more people come to gep their teammates, I get the feeling either ppl with servers or 0-auggers who wanna get someone onto a 0-aug server...this is judging from names.
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Sat Jun 23, 07 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Return to Multiplayer