DXNetwork now accepts a new website!

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

DXNetwork now accepts a new website!

Postby Alex » Thu Jul 26, 07 7:32 pm

I, the owner of deusexnetwork.com, have actually always accepted websites to be hosted, and people also were interested in being hosted, and contacted me about it.

Last time I got out of my inactive-ness and started to add another website to my hosted-websites list, I almost got hacked (By Batch) who wanted to abuse my hosting.

I now want to try again, and this seems a perfect moment for me to make this topic.
Sorry Entity, I do not try to steal all attention from your topic to mine, it is just that I am nearly leaving for 2 weeks and I want people to be able to post here so I can choose someone after those 2 weeks :).

I currently host these things:
http://dxcouncil.deusexnetwork.com/
http://dxsoldiers.deusexnetwork.com/
http://www.dxrenegades.com/ (Mind you, only the domain, not the actual website)

So, if you are a Deus Ex clan, or a Deus Ex player, and you want to create a website dedicated to Deus Ex, or just create a website for your clan, post some info about yourself/your clan here, and I'll consider it :)
Please, state how long you have been playing Deus Ex, where you are from and how old you are, just general interest ;)

Oh, something else, if you are planning on using phpBB2, I can tell you that you will get a highly-modified version of phpBB2 :)
Things such as Attachment system, sub-forums and a hell lot of others things are implemented.
But also things that ensure the safety of your forum, such as anti-spambot protection, and an automatic backup of your forum, which makes a backup of the entire database every day! (Made by me ^_^)

And please! Use capitals, comma's and full stops.

Spam will not be tolerated, just like posts made by Klop. (Sorry, but you're very annoying.)
People may comment on other people's post, such as, "That clan is quite good, I advise him" etcetera.

So... what did I forget. Nothing, I guess. Let's press the "Submit" button then!
Last edited by Alex on Thu Jul 26, 07 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Thu Jul 26, 07 7:40 pm

My name's Derek.
I've been playing DXMP since Dec. 2002.
I'm from Illinois, USA.
I'm 20, gonna be 21 in two months.

I want a simple website dedicated to my work, nothing fancy and dramatic, just a blank white page with text and download links, and pictures. :)
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Kaiden » Thu Jul 26, 07 7:52 pm

Sounds like a nice idea, then it can be put on the Site. :D

Also, here's the actual site:

http://www.deusexnetwork.com/
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Thu Jul 26, 07 8:04 pm

Alex installs mods on a regular basis, which helps the forums ( attachment etc.)
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Fri Jul 27, 07 12:59 am

I already requested hosting a while back. Whether that request got through or not is another story. I'd rather PM you my idea(s) rather than post them aloud as I don't want people stealing my ideas too...
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Fri Jul 27, 07 2:20 am

Same i put in a request never got answered. :?
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby Kaiden » Fri Jul 27, 07 2:47 am

Site may not be monitored often, send PM's to Username: Alex
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Fri Jul 27, 07 8:20 am

~Psychotic~ wrote:I already requested hosting a while back. Whether that request got through or not is another story. I'd rather PM you my idea(s) rather than post them aloud as I don't want people stealing my ideas too...

Don't flatter yourself.

;D
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Jul 27, 07 9:44 pm

I didn' realize this was Alex's project. I couldn't see how to contact the administration, without using the request hosting form.

We are compiling a gallery of different maps at dxfactory.freeforums.org and I read this...

Things such as Attachment system

This would be extremely helpful to the editing community, and also the community in general would be able to download maps and mods.

DXNetwork is a very impressive btw.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby synthetic » Sat Jul 28, 07 12:08 am

Alex, learn something about ethics and host-commitment, simply put: dont fuck up like you did with REN and DXC.

Its not an insult, simply a suggestion.
What happened was sad, I hope you can see the hosting through a bit more mature eyes, now, for what ever reason.

Unless you can in some way acknowledge that things did not work out quite the way they should have been what regards the commitment the host makes, not just the one being hosted, I would advise readers of this thread against using his service, unless they can keep extremely low profile.
Last edited by synthetic on Sat Jul 28, 07 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Sat Jul 28, 07 8:22 pm

c[A]t wrote:I want a simple website dedicated to my work, nothing fancy and dramatic, just a blank white page with text and download links, and pictures.

if you create a page in the root of the document tree in our dxalpha's control panel, make an alias like "derekspage", and set "uses template" to (blank) you can build a page by yourself (it will be located in dxalpha.co.uk/derekspage)

Alex's hosting is great for bigger things
Dae
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sat Jul 28, 07 8:42 pm

gg :D

but what if i want links n shit, do i have to make pages from the root of derekspage?
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Kaiden » Sun Jul 29, 07 12:44 am

Yeah, just right click and press create new document I would say..

Oh, and what is wrong with {DXC}'s hosting? If something goes wrong, I contact Alex and he fixes it without fail. Daily backups guaruntee you won't lose your forums forever, and with mods like Sub-forums, Attachment mod, it's like the hosting of DxAlpha. =)
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Mon Jul 30, 07 11:51 am

[A]Spiderbot01 wrote:
~Psychotic~ wrote:I already requested hosting a while back. Whether that request got through or not is another story. I'd rather PM you my idea(s) rather than post them aloud as I don't want people stealing my ideas too...

Don't flatter yourself.

;D

I don't see you making any DECENT websites. So try me.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Jul 30, 07 10:17 pm

Waste of time, everythings already been done.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Osiris » Tue Jul 31, 07 6:07 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Yeah, just right click and press create new document I would say..

Oh, and what is wrong with {DXC}'s hosting? If something goes wrong, I contact Alex and he fixes it without fail. Daily backups guaruntee you won't lose your forums forever, and with mods like Sub-forums, Attachment mod, it's like the hosting of DxAlpha. =)

SMF comes standard with those options. also the mods installer is so easy you upload a zip to a folder, andin ACP you press install -_-.
Great shit i say.

As for my own hosting... theres till space, but i wont be jealous if you choose Alex over me, as it stands i can't offer email services due to my isp blocking port 25.... :P Good luck alex.
Last edited by Osiris on Tue Jul 31, 07 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Osiris
Wannabe

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jul 31, 07 8:58 am

SMF, forums looked nice but the Admin Pannel had probably over 50 + titles in it lol.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Osiris » Tue Jul 31, 07 10:04 am

wtf? what titles are you referring to? i find SMF easier and more comfortable than PhpBB, also easier to mod and extend, nevermind things such as built in news ticker, etc. ive got over 30 mods running right now, each one installed by one click. For me, things are laid out more logically. Also, many many thiungs come standard already wheras you need to mod PhpBB2 to support it. I wont discuss PhpBB3 yet as its still in RC state, nevermind ive never looked at it indepth, other to confirm that my server can run it.
Osiris
Wannabe

Postby Dae » Tue Jul 31, 07 12:27 pm

SMF obviously sucks in usability compared to phpBB

functionality is significantly better, though
Dae
Alpha

Return to Multiplayer