GODZSERVER IS BACK!!!!

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Aug 11, 07 1:40 pm

Deathmaster

GODZ RIFLE = If scoped, rifle kills with chest shot. Sometimes kills from legshot and arm shooting. Sometimes kills 2 players with one bullet... "ULTRA-KILL". " 0-aug rifle. Popular

As far as I know, it caused the 3x zoom damage even is unzoomed or something.

no, that was with "normal" Deus Ex rifles on 0-aug CRD server DXMS, used unscoped/unzoomed, causing 3 x damage kills on head or chest. A one shot/kill pistol with a metre long barrel. Popular

I'm not sure which is worse, but both are more realistic than a normal Deus Ex rifle, you take a bullet and fall... although its instant death every time,but I guess pro's prefer the harder normal rifle with no chest shot/oneshot kill and no scope bug.
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Sat Aug 11, 07 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby synthetic » Sat Aug 11, 07 1:45 pm

Balancing weapons is a tedious process, often changing the game completely. In spite of having played so long with the scope -only sniper, I believe it only makes sense to have unscoped sniper with real damage >_>, perhaps give the scoped version some enhanced view or something, in addition to zoom.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Allan » Sat Aug 11, 07 1:56 pm

I'd say, to balance out the ridiculous damage from the GODZ rifle, do one (or more) of these options:

1 - Make the rifle use the SP style scope (Limited FOV), for harder hits, justifying the increased damage.

2 - Make the rifle inoperable without zooming first, as what person walks along, and just points randomly with a sniper, and BOOM HEADSHOT! in one go.

3 - Make the rifle constantly have accuracy of 0.2, regardless of skill. Rifle skill locks it at 0.0 in MP.

I'd be happy to assist in the coding of any of these. =)
Allan
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Sat Aug 11, 07 2:31 pm

I'd rather have a sniper with normal damage than with any of those things.
Baleout
Master

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Aug 11, 07 3:00 pm

Sniper rifle bullets got more punch, seeing a man take a sniper bullet in the chest and still run is not right...

errm - could I see the topic or link that caused this second warning to me plz? I don't know what I have been warned for...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Sat Aug 11, 07 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Aug 11, 07 4:04 pm

I'm so much better with 20mm in GODZSERVER
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Allan » Sat Aug 11, 07 4:16 pm

ShadowRunner wrote:Sniper rifle bullets got more punch, seeing a man take a sniper bullet in the chest and still run is not right...
Then again, neither is seeing someone just point a sniper at someone's head without even using the scope, and BOOM HEADSHOT!
Allan
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sat Aug 11, 07 4:17 pm

Oh noes liek 4 posts of mine got deleted! No evidence against Kaiden's madness anymore! *screams*
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Kaiden » Sat Aug 11, 07 4:20 pm

Yes, you have to give me a chance to make the notice!

Topic Cleaned.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Previous

Return to Multiplayer