Bugs on standard maps

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Bugs on standard maps

Postby Dae » Tue Jun 21, 05 7:41 pm

Can you name some bugs on standard five maps? I mean first of all, bugs that are related to items and not brushes.
I know there ARE but the only thing that comes to mind is cabinet bug on Area51 =/
Dae
Alpha

Postby moop » Tue Jun 21, 05 7:50 pm

There's a cabinet bug on Silo too, in the building with the ladder leading down to the Law room.
moop

Postby Dae » Tue Jun 21, 05 7:51 pm

GAH! Didn't know! :D Thank you!
I'll try to fix them all in next mutator :)
Dae
Alpha

Postby moop » Tue Jun 21, 05 8:15 pm

Well that particular bug involves being able to (at the right angle) get the LAM without picking the lock. If you're making an anti-cheat mutator, you might want to work with TheSheep over at the MTL forums before the new MTL 1.60 is released...whenever that is.
moop

Postby James » Tue Jun 21, 05 8:33 pm

Mover bug with Lift in Silo, we all love this one, I don't want it fixed. :(
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby moop » Wed Jun 22, 05 2:26 am

Sometimes there's a rendering bug with the chainlink fence/wall near the computer kiosk in Smuggler. I'm not sure if it occurs in all rendering modes. It makes people invisible if they're not moving, or crouched, I think, until other players get direct LoS... I'm not too sure of the specifics.

In Silo, players can get on top of roofs without speed aug by using the doors, which displace the player vertically.
moop

Postby Dae » Wed Jun 22, 05 8:50 am

moop wrote:Sometimes there's a rendering bug with the chainlink fence/wall near the computer kiosk in Smuggler. I'm not sure if it occurs in all rendering modes. It makes people invisible if they're not moving, or crouched, I think, until other players get direct LoS... I'm not too sure of the specifics.

Well, this is unfixable because the problem is caused by brushes. And i know why - Deus Ex mappers were too lazy to create a chain textured sheet and invisible collision hulls around it. Thats the only proper way of adding surfaces that contain translucent parts.

Well that particular bug involves being able to (at the right angle) get the LAM without picking the lock. If you're making an anti-cheat mutator, you might want to work with TheSheep over at the MTL forums before the new MTL 1.60 is released...whenever that is.

Well, i doubt that my experience in coding may help such an expert as TheSheep is :)
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alistair » Wed Jun 22, 05 3:36 pm

Lift in CMD, buttons can disappear.
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby clyzm » Wed Jun 22, 05 3:44 pm

Smuggler, RepairBot near the medbot, if you go in it without the repair bot, there's a slight bsp cut =(
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Alistair » Wed Jun 22, 05 7:37 pm

Deus Ex wasnt designed for people been able to remove repair bots and go inside :P
Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Dejavu » Wed Jun 22, 05 8:01 pm

~[A]Konami~ wrote:Deus Ex wasnt designed for people been able to remove repair bots and go inside :P

owned :D
Dejavu
Regular

Postby ~D[A]rren~ » Wed Jun 22, 05 8:15 pm

~[A]Konami~ wrote:Deus Ex wasnt designed for people been able to remove repair bots and go inside :P

Liar, course it was. 8)

JC
~D[A]rren~
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Wed Jun 22, 05 9:25 pm

On Smuggler there is a Charge Bot that can be used without opening the case. Just opposite the Medical Bot.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Dae » Wed Jun 22, 05 9:27 pm

(DXM)007 wrote:On Smuggler there is a Charge Bot that can be used without opening the case. Just opposite the Medical Bot.

First of all, its repair bot, and second, this bug appears only with MiniMTL :o
Dae
Alpha

Return to Multiplayer