MagicKilla Spreads Cheats

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed Aug 29, 07 12:39 pm

I think the source problem is knowing about the existance of emp jump. If you tell a noob how to emp jump he won't ever stop it even if you tell him that "Don't emp jump here you rule the map/game etc.)
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby ~[R2K]D-BLOCK~ » Wed Aug 29, 07 4:39 pm

I like dust. :oops:
!!!!!Come Visit [RTK] CLAN Forums Click Here
~[R2K]D-BLOCK~
Regular

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Aug 29, 07 4:52 pm

I think emp jumpers are proud of their skills and that is the reason...

I think mappers can hardly be blamed for campers or having one door if they want to, the whole point about comm is that is hard to attack, theres a camera and turret and lots of explosives inside. As it's a spwnroom, I think the mapper intended that roof exit to be exactly what it is AN EXIT NOT ENTRANCE... using it as an entrance, well like I said, you might as well adminlogin and fly...

Any form of entry to comm which is not through the door is illegal. It's 0-aug ffs...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Wed Aug 29, 07 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Alex » Wed Aug 29, 07 4:59 pm

So wall-climbing is illegal aswell?
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Wed Aug 29, 07 5:22 pm

[FGSm]ShadowRunner wrote:AN EXIT NOT ENTRANCE...

what about speed aug jumping?
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed Aug 29, 07 7:58 pm

He was talking about 0aug. -.-
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Aug 29, 07 7:59 pm

OK I was talking about 0-aug maps... and also Speed Aug or Grenade climbing or using crates etc would be fine... EDIT: and I suppose if you really wanted to, you could nade climb the a51 wall and jump from it onto comm roof...but that would probably kill you, and they'd hear u land...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Wed Aug 29, 07 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Kaiden » Wed Aug 29, 07 8:08 pm

WTF is wrong with EMP jumping!? The cost is all their energy.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed Aug 29, 07 8:25 pm

Since when do anyone need energy at 0aug? :)
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Wed Aug 29, 07 8:42 pm

What is wrong then with hacking adminlogin and flying around a 0-aug map then? Same difference...

doing something that was not intended. Besides I view it as lame play. Kill me with a baton or pepper spray and I will be impressed.
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Wed Aug 29, 07 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Dae » Wed Aug 29, 07 9:01 pm

[FGSm]ShadowRunner wrote:What is wrong then with hacking adminlogin and flying around a 0-aug map then? Same difference...

is there any difference between jaywalking and a murder? By your logic there is none
Dae
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Wed Aug 29, 07 10:17 pm

Empjumping isn't close to using "fly" at all so I don't see why you keep bringing it up...

- Empjumping gives away your location, with a big flash and a loud sound, while fly does not.

- While being airbound due to empjump, the chance to actually being able to snipe someone in the head is less than 1%, while you can just hang in the air with "fly".

- You can't move freely through the air, meaning that people can easily see where you land with empjump, giving them a good chance to snipe you, as your own movement while airbound is very limited, while fly would just give you the chance to go any way to dodge a shot.

If one actually empjumps to one spot, because he knows you're there, it means that you probably have been camping. I don't mind camping myself, but if you stay too long at one spot, you're bound to get attacked from somewhere unexpected, so it's really your own fault.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed Aug 29, 07 10:34 pm

emp jump is a bug. emp jumping is bug abusing.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Dae » Wed Aug 29, 07 10:40 pm

DeathMaster wrote:emp jump is a bug. emp jumping is bug abusing.

I assume you don't abuse reload bug as well?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Wed Aug 29, 07 11:08 pm

Lol.. EMP = You lose your legs most likely
Also it = Lose all energy in Augs.
Also it = Isn't an advantage in any way, like said, you won't shoot someone with a sniper.
Also it = You have to look down at the floor to aim EMP.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Thu Aug 30, 07 12:16 am

Dae[A] wrote:I assume you don't abuse reload bug as well?

What's reload bug? :?

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote: Lol.. EMP = You lose your legs most likely
Also it = Isn't an advantage in any way, like said, you won't shoot someone with a sniper.

Why would anyone use emp jump in augs when there's speed aug?
Why would anyone try to snipe someone while emp jumping?

:D :D :D
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Kaiden » Thu Aug 30, 07 12:36 am

Exactly, it's useless. The only thing I ever use it for is getting on apartment roofs on RPG City. :roll:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Møew » Thu Aug 30, 07 8:26 am

if your using it tactical.. its not useless if someone runs into silo's main building with the turret pod you can easily cut off this path using an little emp to get on the second floor
i do it often and they are good for letting you know wich route people use in the map by using them as trigger :roll: :arrow:
Last edited by Møew on Thu Aug 30, 07 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Møew

Postby Professor Layton » Thu Aug 30, 07 3:11 pm

Nadejumping is useless in augs? ...I got a quite an amount of kills that way, speed enhancement on, jump on a lam and leap out of the place. (problem however is that you're gonna end up near-death however, as you're still hit by the lam's explosion unless you'd jump up somewhere) Same for emp to drain enemy his bio while you're out of reach of the emp.

Apart from randomly jumping around when just playing for the banta or messing around, I'd only use empjump myself while playing serious, as a shortcut to somewhere, or to attack someone from a different side, seeing as they are camping the other entrance.

Reload bug is that you take out another weapon, or put your current weapon away, and take it out again, which causes it to be fully reloaded. It's quite a bug, but it's used by most players nowadays, and doesn't heavily unbalance either 0 augs or augs. (Before MTL this worked with sniper too, but seeing as that made it possible to snipe about 2 times per second, Smuggler decided to fix that, as it made the sniper way too lethal)

Anyways, empjump has been here for years now and has always been condoned as far as I know, by most people. I'd recommend to serverhosts/admins who hate it, to just remove the nades or make / request for a mod which fixes the grenade's rebounce settings (I heard 2 years ago that it was very easy to fix, but no one cared enough about nadejumping to actually make a fix for it)

Alternatively, on custom maps, mappers should keep in mind that nadejumping is usual nowadays, so they could easily just map it in a way that people who nadejump can't get to area's where they supposedly should not be.

To take that maze map shadowrunner mentioned: If you make a maze map and you do not want people to jump on the walls, you can:

- make the walls high enough so it's impossible to jump over.

- Not put grenades in a 0 augs map in the first place

- Make a ceiling above the maze

- Get realistic and notice that a maze map doesn't sound like something one would map for a serious match.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Møew » Fri Aug 31, 07 7:51 am

somehow you talk in circles :roll: but well explained clix
Møew

Postby NightRaver » Fri Aug 31, 07 8:43 am

i use emp jumps to go arround cause of lazyness...

for example cmd.

you got the big wall and left stars and right stairs...

if an enemy is up their he got adventage cause he is higher...

when u reach the stairs ur probably already dead.
when u use emp jump directly on it u have 50% of winning 1 v 1
Raving through life!
NightRaver
Regular

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Fri Aug 31, 07 11:29 pm

Deus was GOTY 36 times cos it was very real...0-aug is very real, more than augged superwarriors, so when u emp jump in 0-aug I suddenly feel it is surreal, supernatural and the game loses its appeal and becomes absurd...

Clix, you say I am "bringing it up"... well Players such as Carnage used it today, to escape from me... it does give a huge huge advantage, that he can escape death... a godlike event takes place and he is elevated over a wall, or up to near the tower etc...
Last edited by [FGS]ShadowRunner on Fri Aug 31, 07 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby {17}~Rob~ » Sat Sep 01, 07 12:04 am

[FGSm]ShadowRunner wrote:Deus was GOTY 36 times cos it was very real...0-aug is very real

I have never yet been shot in the legs and still been able to walk in the "real"
Need I go on!

DX is a game, if someone has found a way to take advantage of the EMP in 0 augs then thats good for them. I see no difference between this and a medbind!
Last edited by {17}~Rob~ on Sat Sep 01, 07 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.clan-17.co.uk

[DX-ST]DJ wrote:why my enemys ran away?

MASTAKILLA wrote:I want a parrot and teach it to talk dirty to me when I wank
{17}~Rob~
Poster

Postby James » Sat Sep 01, 07 12:28 am

EMP jumping, a couple of small advantages with he cost of MUCH MORE disadvantages.

TOTALLY acceptable.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Sat Sep 01, 07 12:32 am

Pretty soon you're gonna hear complaining about using melee weapons :lol:
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby [FGS]ShadowRunner » Sat Sep 01, 07 4:45 am

ok I lose this debate, teach me how to cheat death with an emp grenade...

and disadvantages...sorry could u remind me again, what are the disadvantages in 0-aug?
[FGS]ShadowRunner
Addict

Postby Legion » Sat Sep 01, 07 7:47 am

DeathMaster wrote:
Dae[A] wrote:I assume you don't abuse reload bug as well?

What's reload bug? :?

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote: Lol.. EMP = You lose your legs most likely

Why would anyone use emp jump in augs when there's speed aug?
Why would anyone try to snipe someone while emp jumping?

:D :D :D

I'm probably going to regret telling you what the reload bug is.. but i'm going to in hopes you don't use it.... In dx, you can change weapons when you run out of ammo in the gun.. if you do this quickly, and switch back to the gun you had, you'll find it's already reloaded... saves you the time of having to wait for it to reload.. for some reason, people get pissed when it's but I doubt there's one person in dx who hasn't done it at least once or twice..
Death is often silent... But I Prefer making it loud and bloody.
CHECK OUT MY RADIO STATION: http://eternalnights.listen2myradio.com/
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Venom637
Legion
Regular

Postby Dae » Sat Sep 01, 07 9:26 am

[FGSm]ShadowRunner wrote:0-aug I suddenly feel it is surreal

I don't think medkits are real enough as well. Maybe you should stop using them?

Emp jump is indeed a bug, but it's fun. In Quake 3 there is also grenade jumping, but it takes, though, a lot more skill. I don't think quakers complain about unrealism.

By the way, about the reload bug:
DeusEx/Help/ReadMeMPStrategy.htm wrote:Reloading
Reloading is generally faster in multiplayer than it was in the singleplayer game. In addition, if you put a weapon away, it automatically reloads itself. This is not faster than the automatic reload when you expend your current clip, but it means that if you equip a weapon and have ammo left, that ammo will be loaded.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Sat Sep 01, 07 10:04 am

[FGSm]ShadowRunner wrote:ok I lose this debate, teach me how to cheat death with an emp grenade...

and disadvantages...sorry could u remind me again, what are the disadvantages in 0-aug?
Will do.

Disadvantages:

- You can't wield any weps during the time you're gonna empjump and even airbound you'd struggle to take weapons out and even hit someone.

- People know where you are going to land, as you can't really change your movement in the air. This will lead to an easy snipe for the opposite team.

- If you fail the jump, you're dead meat, given the player fighting you is decent or better.

- Due to a hitzone bug, if someone below you, shoots you while you are airbound, most shots will hit head.

- You can lose your legs, which kills your mobility.

Advantages:

- If successful, you can take a shortcut to some place / take an alternative route.

Also, the "realistic" 0 auged DX contains:

- Weapon racks which are imbued with magic/hax so that the weapons do not disappear

- A medbot which can fully heal you instantly

- A medkit which can heal you instantly

- A DragonToothSword

- Weapons which do not need to be reloaded

- Corpses which can be looted instantly, instead of taking a while to take out the clips of weapons, etc.

I could continue ages with this list, but I think it's obvious that DeusEx isn't a realistic game. The whole game is in a cyberpunk theme. Besides, to be honest, I think the GOTY awards (which i'm pretty certain of that they weren't given for realisticism) were earned for the singleplayer and not the 0 aug mod in MP (which probably didn't even exist then) as the multiplayer has way too many bugs in the last official patch release. (1112FM)
Last edited by Professor Layton on Sat Sep 01, 07 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Sep 01, 07 4:40 pm

{17}~Rob~ wrote:I see no difference between this and a medbind!

Haha I love you man :lol:
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer