Hitman

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Hitman

Postby synthetic » Fri Jan 22, 10 8:27 pm

Posting this here as its probably largest community forum. If you are bored but still find yourself taking a peek at dxmp servers then you can try hitman. You can be the hitman, or the one ordering the hit. Just look at the playerlist in server and mark some player for hit. The hitmans task is to carry out the hit without failure. Dying before the mission is complete stands for failure, regardless of who did you in. Once mission is complete you can mark it down should you choose so, switch roles, or simply carry out another hit.
And you are Deus Ex Hitman : )

You can be creative with the task. Perhaps the target needs to die a certain death, or perhaps you need to announce mission start and mission complete/failed in the server.. it is all up to you.
Last edited by synthetic on Fri Jan 22, 10 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Jan 22, 10 10:55 pm

Sounds interesting, but it'll be bettar wif a new gametype!11
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby MainMan » Fri Jan 22, 10 11:34 pm

Lol I really think most people have better things to do than to think of new ways to keep playing DX! Who needs this? The poor pricks that are hell bent on making sure the game "doesn't die"?
Last edited by MainMan on Fri Jan 22, 10 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby synthetic » Sat Jan 23, 10 12:15 am

Who says it has anything to do with keeping dx going? Its a private amusement for those interested. : )

I havent actually played this yet though the idea itself is couple months old. At the very least it should keep me entertained. I can probably come up with more odd ideas. Wheres dT's fight club when you need it.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby ~DJ~ » Sat Jan 23, 10 12:29 am

I GIVE A HIT FOR LIGHTNINJA

5 DOLLA

KILL WITH BATON

GOOO KEN
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Sat Jan 23, 10 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Thu Mar 08, 12 7:07 pm

I put a hit out on Zero and Kldjerz. No kill limit. For every shotted kill with any weapon excrpt gep and power rifles I will make you a IRL sandwich. I will sshot the sandwiches, and then i will eat them
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Psycho » Thu Mar 08, 12 9:30 pm

RECLAIMER wrote:I put a hit out on Zero and Kldjerz. No kill limit. For every shotted kill with any weapon excrpt gep and power rifles I will make you a IRL sandwich. I will sshot the sandwiches, and then i will eat them

what u mean by power rifles?
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Thu Mar 08, 12 10:14 pm

I want a sammich! Gonna get me guns.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Kaiden » Fri Mar 09, 12 1:01 am

~þsÿçhø~ wrote:
RECLAIMER wrote:I put a hit out on Zero and Kldjerz. No kill limit. For every shotted kill with any weapon excrpt gep and power rifles I will make you a IRL sandwich. I will sshot the sandwiches, and then i will eat them

what u mean by power rifles?

Plasma rifle you'd figure, I hate that gun, always kills my legs hurr.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Fri Mar 09, 12 2:20 am

THIS

NEXT YEAR BROS JUST NEXT YEAR AND THIS IS ON GAMETYPE <3
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Fri Mar 09, 12 11:05 am

Sure he meant (over)power(ed sniper and assault) rifles. At least that's how I see it, DX's sniper is sort of okay but the actual assault rifle is very peculiar when you think about it. Personally have no problem with it in augs but I'm sure the assault rifle has something BS about it, I forgot but I think Clix knows more.
Last edited by James on Fri Mar 09, 12 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Fri Mar 09, 12 6:00 pm

Kinda weird considering many think of it as not much more than a glorified pea-shooter in singleplayer.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Hanover Fist » Sat Mar 10, 12 5:26 am

James wrote:Sure he meant (over)power(ed sniper and assault) rifles. At least that's how I see it, DX's sniper is sort of okay but the actual assault rifle is very peculiar when you think about it. Personally have no problem with it in augs but I'm sure the assault rifle has something BS about it, I forgot but I think Clix knows more.

Exactly. It is very inconsistant and when maxed out without augs it is overkill. Essentially its something u jab to avoid when ur out of bio like 20mm geps and lams.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Poor » Sat Mar 10, 12 7:06 am

It can kill in 3 shots and it shoots in burst of 5. It's very overpowered in 0 aug.

What also bothers me is how weak and inconsistent the sawed off shotgun is. Unless the barrel is touching the enemy's head, you probably won't kill the guy. It shouldn't take 5 shots from a sawed off shotgun at close range to get a kill.
Poor
Poster

Postby Psycho » Sat Mar 10, 12 6:24 pm

Poor wrote:It can kill in 3 shots and it shoots in burst of 5. It's very overpowered in 0 aug.

What also bothers me is how weak and inconsistent the sawed off shotgun is. Unless the barrel is touching the enemy's head, you probably won't kill the guy. It shouldn't take 5 shots from a sawed off shotgun at close range to get a kill.

It doesn't take 5 shots to get a kill.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Mastakilla » Sat Mar 10, 12 7:25 pm

Nope, 1 headshot from close range with sawed off is a kill.
Just like one click of the button with the assault rifle to the head at close range is a kill.

Also the comparison to 20mm and gep gun is laughable...

It's always either unrealistic or overpowered with weapons :lol:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Professor Layton » Sat Mar 10, 12 8:31 pm

Magniir wrote:Kinda weird considering many think of it as not much more than a glorified pea-shooter in singleplayer.
I remember the ammo being a problem, only giving 3 bullets per pickup or something. That's why I really didn't like using it.

As for the assault rifle in MP, yes it's way too much DPS if you know how the hitboxes/aiming works. 3 bullets in the head or 6 bullets in the torso.. it's just way too easy to kill with it when you got the rifle skills maxed, regardless of your opponent's augmentations.
Last edited by Professor Layton on Sat Mar 10, 12 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Return to Multiplayer