Children's politics and baseless accusations

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Children's politics and baseless accusations

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:02 pm

Continuing on the discussion of Poor considering many of the alleged best players secretly botting, and the legit players that are the best without it never getting ridiculous scores and so aren't recognized.

Poor, continue. You had a good point.

Also let's continue the discussion that Vio sucks sucks and Tejas is a kissass.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby James » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:12 pm

In my own defence for locking, THAT thread had already served its purpose so I won't lock this one for that.

I believe it was bitching children's politics and Poor was throwing baseless accusations about. We can argue all day about who aimbots and who doesn't but if you're going to do that show some proof. I've got the feeling this is just a smear thread against Poor.
Last edited by James on Tue Sep 20, 11 10:32 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Poor » Tue Sep 20, 11 11:44 pm

I didn't say many people are cheating, but I don't believe everyone is legit. James says my accusations are baseless and that may be true. My accusations are based on my own experiences with the player and the fact that aimbots are easy to use. I can't offer any concrete proof. Just to be clear, I wasn't out to smear anyone. I was just mad about how bad competitive DXMP was, it being very unbalanced and there being a few cheaters. I only said who I thought cheated because I was asked. But it seems some take DXMP seriously enough to offended by that.
Poor
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Wed Sep 21, 11 12:10 am

I actually agree people take this shit so seriously, and some are indeed petty enough to be cheating and fronting like they legit leets. I've caught myself suspecting and dismissing that shit before, and, coincidentally, it was usually player aliased dopes.

Like Poor I'm not sayin that a bunch of fools are botting and shit. But exploits are a regular of most any online game.

People will be skeptical of Poor cuz he's generally new, and generally its the newbs that accuse longer playing more experienced cats of cheating. But I actually have been playing long enough to recognize anomalies and I can corroborate I've seen shit mostly from aliased dudes.
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Wed Sep 21, 11 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby [FGS]Fear » Wed Sep 21, 11 1:08 am

The funny thing about this entire thing is that in actual fact, nobody uses an aimbot, hahah.

However some people do tweak their firerate (guessing its something to do extortionate fps), not accusing anybody myself but those in discussion have been (removed the names so no beef gets started, one is obvious, the other is closely related.)

I find it complimenting when i'm accused of cheating, if anything its a positive somebody saying that when you know yourself you aint :)
Last edited by [FGS]Fear on Wed Sep 21, 11 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Wed Sep 21, 11 7:34 am

Most of what I've seen is firerate and damage inconsistancies. Either due tyo ping or other specs. But there's shit that's not so easily explained. ZERO is the only one I know that bots. Those are always obvious.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Kaiden » Wed Sep 21, 11 7:44 am

my own experiences with the player

Wolf doesn't aimbot. I'm sub par at DX but even I kill him with ease on the odd times I've seen him, he can't aim at all. If you're still talking about him anyway.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Wed Sep 21, 11 7:55 am

RECLAIMER wrote:Most of what I've seen is firerate and damage inconsistancies. Either due tyo ping or other specs. But there's shit that's not so easily explained. ZERO is the only one I know that bots. Those are always obvious.

Oh yes, ZERO's aimbot is obvious, however they only work in servers he hosts, or a friend hosts, and they don't work in A!B, THC servers.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Sep 21, 11 9:26 am

Hacks like aimbots can exist, and be carried across to other servers.

You would need a pretty good understanding of the unreal script to know how to implement this, and I know that there are plenty of counter-measures in place for people to implement on their servers if they wanted to.

Some people are just annoyingly responsive and good though.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Professor Layton » Wed Sep 21, 11 9:39 am

Just to add in, aiming in deus ex doesn't require great precision at all, the hitboxes extend way beyond what the model shows. Also you only need 3(!) bullets from an assault rifle to kill someone. (assuming level 3 rifles and no ballistic protection) IIRC it's 5 bullets if your opponent has ballistic protection. Of course these need to be full hits instead of partially, but it's still crazy when you have 30 bullets per clip.
Last edited by Professor Layton on Wed Sep 21, 11 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Wed Sep 21, 11 2:11 pm

Poor wrote:Just to be clear, I wasn't out to smear anyone.

You're mistaking what I said, I thought this topic was made against you. I am also mistakened because it wasn't.

edit:
Just trying to stop flames!
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 21, 11 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Hanover Fist » Wed Sep 21, 11 8:13 pm

My motives are often suspect :evilking:
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Poor » Wed Sep 21, 11 8:26 pm

Professor Layton wrote:Just to add in, aiming in deus ex doesn't require great precision at all, the hitboxes extend way beyond what the model shows. Also you only need 3(!) bullets from an assault rifle to kill someone. (assuming level 3 rifles and no ballistic protection) IIRC it's 5 bullets if your opponent has ballistic protection. Of course these need to be full hits instead of partially, but it's still crazy when you have 30 bullets per clip.

Yeah, the assault rifle pretty much kills the game for me. The other weapons are just so weak compared to it. A 0-aug server with no assault would be awesome.
Poor
Poster

Postby Psycho » Wed Sep 21, 11 8:39 pm

Poor wrote:
Professor Layton wrote:Just to add in, aiming in deus ex doesn't require great precision at all, the hitboxes extend way beyond what the model shows. Also you only need 3(!) bullets from an assault rifle to kill someone. (assuming level 3 rifles and no ballistic protection) IIRC it's 5 bullets if your opponent has ballistic protection. Of course these need to be full hits instead of partially, but it's still crazy when you have 30 bullets per clip.

Yeah, the assault rifle pretty much kills the game for me. The other weapons are just so weak compared to it. A 0-aug server with no assault would be awesome.

I dissagree.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Hanover Fist » Wed Sep 21, 11 8:55 pm

People should host 0 augs with level 1 skillpoints to start and 500 pts per kill, that way they need a massive streak to have a great advantage, AND team tactics are actually REQUIRED in 0 augs to ensure a streaker is taken down before/while he reaches level 3.

But such imagination is lost to 0 auggers which is probably why they prefer their gametype.
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Wed Sep 21, 11 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Dae » Wed Sep 21, 11 9:08 pm

Poor wrote: Yeah, the assault rifle pretty much kills the game for me.

I'm sure if other player started using pistols (which kill with only two quick headshots FYI) or assault shotgun to kill you, you'd be complaining about those.
Last edited by Dae on Wed Sep 21, 11 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~Blade~ » Wed Sep 21, 11 9:25 pm

RECLAIMER wrote:People should host 0 augs with level 1 skillpoints to start and 500 pts per kill, that way they need a massive streak to have a great advantage, AND team tactics are actually REQUIRED in 0 augs to ensure a streaker is taken down before/while he reaches level 3.

But such imagination is lost to 0 auggers which is probably why they prefer their gametype.

Unfortunately it's kind of the whole point of 0Aug, I think the fact that it's easier/simpler than most other gametypes is what has made it so popular over the years.
THC
Well go grab a baseball bat and do something about it.
~Blade~
Wannabe

Postby Hanover Fist » Wed Sep 21, 11 9:32 pm

But the said customization of 0 augs is WAY more fun.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Poor » Thu Sep 22, 11 1:17 am

Dae wrote:
Poor wrote: Yeah, the assault rifle pretty much kills the game for me.

I'm sure if other player started using pistols (which kill with only two quick headshots FYI) or assault shotgun to kill you, you'd be complaining about those.

Nah, the pistol is a medium range weapon and isn't very good at close range. It can be countered by the sawed off. The other weapons are more balanced and have their advantage and disadvantages. The assault rifle is overpowered at every range and the sniper is the only decent counter. I'd like to see more variety in weapon use.
Poor
Poster

Postby [FGS]Fear » Thu Sep 22, 11 2:31 am

I'd be up for that idea Reclaimer mentioned (despite the ignorance at the end of the post), or even normal 0 augs without an assault rifle, more headshots for me thats all :)
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby China » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:01 pm

I'm useless with assualt so it would suit me 8)
www.chinnysdeusexblog.wordpress.com
China
Wannabe

Postby ynnaD » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:02 pm

My favourite MP weapon was always the Assault Shotgun, probably explained my low scores.
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:15 pm

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN DXAG'D

What I loved about DXAG was the fact that it made the uber assault rifle unfavourable because people by and large didn't synergise with an engineer for ammo management.

And all of a sudden the crossbow is the best weapon
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ynnaD » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:17 pm

DXAG was fantastic, miss that mod, simple but made the game a ton more fun i thought.

CROSSBOW WAS ALWAYS THE BEST WEAPON FOR A SILENT TAKEDOWN

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:18 pm

LOL

The silent takedown which is

"ow you bastard"
"ow you bastard"
"ow you bastard"
"ow you bastard"
"fuck run away"
"fuck run away"
"sleep time"
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Professor Layton » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:20 pm

ynnaD wrote:My favourite MP weapon was always the Assault Shotgun, probably explained my low scores.
Assault shotgun has a one hitkill up close m8, it's not that bad really.

I always had the assault rifle for up close, assault shotgun for medium distances (I never bothered to check the actual numbers but it felt to be more accurate at medium distances than the assault rifle) and the sniper for long range (disregarding the random shot in melee range which sometimes kills people even though it looked like a miss)
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:21 pm

My favourite MP weapon was stockpiling medkits in smugglers security room for my team mates to perform better.

And then using EMP grenades as intruder alarms.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ynnaD » Thu Sep 22, 11 3:33 pm

Professor Layton wrote:and the sniper for long range (disregarding the random shot in melee range which sometimes kills people even though it looked like a miss)

Quickscopin m8 :$

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Professor Layton » Thu Sep 22, 11 5:25 pm

MrBlackDX wrote:My favourite MP weapon was stockpiling medkits in smugglers security room for my team mates to perform better.

And then using EMP grenades as intruder alarms.
I remember the medkits :D

EMPs are definitely good for telling you where your opponent is, many people don't look out for them and don't think it hurts them to let the EMPs go off.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby synthetic » Thu Sep 22, 11 5:33 pm

I used to throw EMPs to distract people in 0a, particularly nice against snipers in lower smug spawn.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Next

Return to Multiplayer