ATDMs umteenth debate

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

ATDMs umteenth debate

Postby Hanover Fist » Sun Feb 19, 12 1:12 pm

Iv recently changed my position on the integrity of the gamestyle, as it seems although it is the most demanding of a players cleverness against advantaged opponents, wiliness is discouraged when a desperate pettiness ensues purely for the sake of getting the streak first.

Of course I knlw this is the point of Atdm... But it feels somewhat primitive and less fun this way, to have everyone just choose the easiest, least efforted or even thoughtful methods of play purely for the sake of obstructing anyones furtherance.

Granted I havent had a game of Atdm under 180 ping in a couple years, and I think this has mostly influenced my position. It is absurdly time wasting to attempt to have fun playing against a 40 pinger who will literally stand still and vaguely point the assault rifle to your midsections general area and fire half his clip till ur dead with or without BP.

If ur a 150-200 pinger your bullets will barely make contact in time or damage to even matter how exactly you aim at what degree you lead. Ricci is the exception, proving to even his competitors he has an edge over those low ping names that have accumulated much praise for their smooth play which demands less wiliness and much less compensation to rack up high frags.

Now my recent experiences have been fraught with indiscriminant LAW, disconnect teamswitch to teamkill to dc teamswitch again just to keep streak and fuck up mine, iv even had 20 pingers start off a round shelling spawnrooms against high pingers like me, foolishly trying to rifle against such staggering odds.

Altho atdm is no where near as frame and ping reliant as non augs, I will say it seems to have disciplined a gaming mentality of ruthless inconsiderate playstyle. Atdm is Dx: it is a multiplayer condensed Rpg fps fast paced to develope your character thru experiences (frags) to which he adapts and developes (skill points) and thru these instances do his skills and his systems become more precise. Just like the single player.

But are we so conditioned to this immersive single playet likeness that wr forget we are not just playing against reloadable NPCs, but actually other players ehich may suffer or attempt to suffer the same fantastic immersion which addicts us to play... In SPITE of eachother?!

Is it a curse of an award winning single player to have a multiplayer which conditions its players not to expect the same thats in themselves in their opponents? It is ironic that it can be easy to forget multiplayer can only be played WITH other players... And that we barely remember this in spite of few servers... Often empty?

Even more ironic still: the story encouraged humanity despite technoligy. A challenge of the game was to resist the convenience of swift, wasteful lethality unless absolutely unavoidable.

In multiplayer it is a challenge for most to resist playing cheaply, for the sake of the score, or glory, or fickle notoriety amongst a small fading community in an ultimately meaningless subject.

There exists a comraderie amonst certain players who duel for the fun, but often only after guiltlessly clawing their way up the hierarchy of whose who in the community to establish themselves as someone who can be played with seriously, and not trolled, ripped on (and I dont mean verbal insults... Gaz and TM dont shell eachother in a 1v1).

The tribes of this community have made cliques which butt heads often, and only really PLAY and not tirelessly compete, amonst eachother within their guild. This is cool, but its been this way while circling the drain too long.

The game is not getting any younger. Taking sides to claim there is only meaning in topping the charts in strictly ATDM is really an outdated notion... Or at least should be in this age of the game.

I dont feel iv made a great point. Of course those that ping well and get regular games together that are adequate and actually fun, will find they can relate little or not at all to my disposition. I speak for those that have not had much luck in either having the formidable ping in at least one server people play in or just pinging ass everywhere.

In short, im tired of the same routine. Playing the same old play rifles to win or get slapped around trying to mix it up, but this game is a lot more diverse than we let it be.

Thats all im sayin.

Rec
Not DZ
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Sun Feb 19, 12 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a full wallet and a loaded clip
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Hanover Fist » Sun Feb 19, 12 1:33 pm

As for Ricci, the guy spent a lot of time into this game blth playing and customizing his comp, renderer, keyboard, mouse, binds, and user settings for the most optimal performance. The hopelessly competetive cant enjoy a game unless theyre winning, so I applaud his efforts in going out of hos way to make his gaming more worth while...

...Than other things. This way hes never the loser.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Feb 19, 12 1:43 pm

This has always been my stance on ATDM, basically.

I prefer the IDEA of everyone being equal in 0 augs, though that's not entirely true either with ping and FPS (FPS not so much anymore as it did in the old days though) playing a bigger role
Last edited by Mastakilla on Sun Feb 19, 12 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psycho » Sun Feb 19, 12 1:58 pm

Well I'm naturally a 0 augger, but since May have been playing ATDM, and for some reason I prefer it over 0 aug now. I enjoy the challenge of unstreaking streaked players, and accumilating a streak of my own.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby atrey65789 » Sun Feb 19, 12 2:41 pm

If you could make an ATDM with some different weapons that would be cool.
-A
atrey65789
Regular

Postby James » Sun Feb 19, 12 2:45 pm

We already know how I feel about ATDM, juggernaut gametype unfit for competitive play.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby atrey65789 » Sun Feb 19, 12 2:48 pm

I think ATDM needs to be a little more exciting
-A
atrey65789
Regular

Postby Mastakilla » Sun Feb 19, 12 3:03 pm

James wrote:We already know how I feel about ATDM, juggernaut gametype unfit for competitive play.

Especially when one TEAM is dominating, it's like fighting a team of juggernauts. Deathmatch is alot more fair for augs imo.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psycho » Sun Feb 19, 12 3:38 pm

Mastakilla wrote:
James wrote:We already know how I feel about ATDM, juggernaut gametype unfit for competitive play.

Especially when one TEAM is dominating, it's like fighting a team of juggernauts. Deathmatch is alot more fair for augs imo.

It's a lam fest though
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Sun Feb 19, 12 3:41 pm

1v1 all augs enabled full skilled deathmatch.

I fixed DXMP and made it into an eSport, I expect a cheque in the morning.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psycho » Sun Feb 19, 12 3:42 pm

atrey65789 wrote:If you could make an ATDM with some different weapons that would be cool.

Nah it wouldn't
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby Marder » Sun Feb 19, 12 8:38 pm

I thought ATDM was pretty healthy at the moment, there seems a sense of responsibility from most people not to shell incessantly and people seem willing lately to try new maps, plus the numbers of players seem pretty good at the moment.
Marder
Poster

Postby [FGS]Fear » Sun Feb 19, 12 8:45 pm

ATDM, Zero Augs, play what you want, its when people insult/undermine other players for choosing a particular one, the problem starts

It's more so from ATDM players but i must say there isn't much of this recently, alot of zero auggers are starting to play more ATDM and seem to enjoy it, and the whole ATDM vs Zero Aug bollocks seems to have vanished now thankfully.

Me personally i prefer being equal to everybody else, BTDM i find much more enjoyable for this reason alone.
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Mon Feb 20, 12 8:19 am

Yes ADM abd BTDM are my prefetence too. Also 0 augs with skill points and no rifles is very enjoyable.
Hanover Fist
Master

Re: ATDMs umteenth debate

Postby monkee » Mon Feb 20, 12 6:29 pm

RECLAIMER wrote:But it feels somewhat primitive and less fun this way, to have everyone just choose the easiest, least efforted or even thoughtful methods of play purely for the sake of obstructing anyones furtherance.

Primitive and less fun is the description of DX without any of its totally basic functions (read: augmentations).

RECLAIMER wrote:If ur a 150-200 pinger your bullets will barely make contact in time or damage to even matter how exactly you aim at what degree you lead. Ricci is the exception, proving to even his competitors he has an edge over those low ping names that have accumulated much praise for their smooth play which demands less wiliness and much less compensation to rack up high frags.

Ricci has around 110-120 stable ping and he gets owned all the time, he also has around 200 fps. (I have around 80-110 ping and sub-50 fps myself)

The only super low pingers I know of are phantom and anax (around 30-40), and they're not exactly the best players this game has to offer.

RECLAIMER wrote:Even more ironic still: the story encouraged humanity despite technoligy. A challenge of the game was to resist the convenience of swift, wasteful lethality unless absolutely unavoidable.

Next time you should join zXc party server, maybe the bad men won't kill you there.
monkee
Poster

Re: ATDMs umteenth debate

Postby Psycho » Mon Feb 20, 12 7:07 pm

monkee wrote:
The only super low pingers I know of are phantom and anax (around 30-40), and they're not exactly the best players this game has to offer.

But he's the overlord :shock:
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Mon Feb 20, 12 7:10 pm

The above post is a bad case of "stop disliking what I like".
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby monkee » Mon Feb 20, 12 7:44 pm

Wow, you sure like the overlord.
monkee
Poster

Postby bambi » Mon Feb 20, 12 8:40 pm

Ricci is king!

Ricci may get owned occasionally but if u play him in a canadian server with bacon, ur not going to win

I guarantee it,

this message has been brought to u by,

RaidCall, the next voice chat client, to talk exclusively with elite HK members, like such as myself
bambi
Regular

Postby monkee » Mon Feb 20, 12 10:45 pm

Well, that would be because he would get 40 ping to 180, where as in a UK server, it would be 120 vs 90.
If I play in 40 ping, he wouldn't even make me light green.

Either way, this is reality:

So much for your guarantees. :roll:
Last edited by monkee on Mon Feb 20, 12 11:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.
monkee
Poster

Postby Dae » Tue Feb 21, 12 12:06 am

What I've always liked about the ATDM community is that they're all so nice and friendly to each other.
Dae
Alpha

Postby bambi » Tue Feb 21, 12 12:10 am

.... Ricci is king. ur a monkey

EDIt! Also, as u can clearly see, that says THC Ricci. Clearly thats a fake. Its EL Ricci. Plus ricci doesn't lose, he just allowed u to win
Last edited by bambi on Tue Feb 21, 12 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bambi
Regular

Postby Psycho » Tue Feb 21, 12 12:19 am

Dae wrote:What I've always liked about the ATDM community is that they're all so nice and friendly to each other.

Just abit of competative banter :p
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 12:53 am

Dae wrote:What I've always liked about the ATDM community is that they're all so nice and friendly to each other.

omgz n00b gtfo plz :evil:
monkee
Poster

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 12:54 am

bambi wrote:.... Ricci is king. ur a monkey

EDIt! Also, as u can clearly see, that says THC Ricci. Clearly thats a fake. Its EL Ricci. Plus ricci doesn't lose, he just allowed u to win

Erm.. keep with the times, Ricci joined THC, though I believe he left again a while ago.

Besides, Ricci asked me to join that map on MSN, so no it is not a fake, ask him yourself.
Last edited by monkee on Tue Feb 21, 12 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
monkee
Poster

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Feb 21, 12 7:10 am

The great thing about Ricci is he doesn't alias and stalk dudes that don't alias and wait for a chance to sshot them when they don't get a great score. Yea I know the style of aliasing until the end of the map. This is exactly what I'm talking about in pettiness. It's primitive because real men have class.

Monkee, you're a 40 pinger normally, bruh. And you don't play unaliased in 100+ ping. I'm surprised you replied to this thread considering you're not exactly from a clan known for its literacy. Kudos.

Though I can't help but think I'm still trying to talk sense into an ape....
Last edited by Hanover Fist on Tue Feb 21, 12 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby clyzm » Tue Feb 21, 12 7:43 am

Easy there, guys. This isn't 2005/06/07. We're all adults here
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Hanover Fist » Tue Feb 21, 12 7:57 am

Some people intend to remain in bubbles. Some people are in fact Micheal Jackson's former pet bubbles
Hanover Fist
Master

Postby monkee » Tue Feb 21, 12 8:01 am

RECLAIMER wrote:The great thing about Ricci is he doesn't alias and stalk dudes that don't alias and wait for a chance to sshot them when they don't get a great score. Yea I know the style of aliasing until the end of the map. This is exactly what I'm talking about in pettiness. It's primitive because real men have class.

Monkee, you're a 40 pinger normally, bruh. And you don't play unaliased in 100+ ping. I'm surprised you replied to this thread considering you're not exactly from a clan known for its literacy. Kudos.

Though I can't help but think I'm still trying to talk sense into an ape....

If I never play unaliased in 100+ ping you could explain the shot above for one.

I absolutely never ever unalias in the end of the map to take a shot, this would be the style of TCN. Ask Ricci if you don't believe and insist on being a tool.

It is people like you (who can't understand solid evidence when presented to them) who makes arguing in DX pointless.

* And yes, I had 50ish ping in the summer, however after moving last autumn, my ping has been around 80-110.
monkee
Poster

Postby bambi » Tue Feb 21, 12 8:12 am

well monkee its time u join HK and stop this frovolities
bambi
Regular

Next

Return to Multiplayer