DX multiplayer.....godz' server???

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

DX multiplayer.....godz' server???

Postby Brokenwing » Sun Aug 06, 06 3:35 am

anyone know if Godz server is ever returning to DX multiplayer?
brokenwing
Brokenwing

Postby Allan » Sun Aug 06, 06 4:42 am

Judging by it's long absence, no. Anyways, it disperses the players onto other servers than Godz now =)
Allan
Alpha

but, I miss it, and so do other people

Postby Brokenwing » Sun Aug 06, 06 5:16 am

I heard there were gonna be new maps....the game is dying faster now without godz' server.......I want it to come back!
brokenwing
Brokenwing

Postby [ß]Lost » Sun Aug 06, 06 7:20 am

Deus Ex dies even more faster with Godz...
[ß]Lost
Regular

Postby Gishank » Sun Aug 06, 06 8:49 am

ROFL, if you like GODZ server in any way GTFO! NO seriously, it dies alot faster with godz, goz is a n00b creater goto other servers and train up E.g SG(Well it's still fun lmao)GM, Z Server etc.
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Cozmo » Sun Aug 06, 06 11:01 am

No it probably wont. :D
It was apparantly ddos attacked, and it's good that it was taken down, certain people i used to know, as noobs from godz, have been going on other servers and acting less nooby! :shock:
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Aug 06, 06 11:53 am

GODZ server is leet.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sun Aug 06, 06 1:49 pm

spidey, this was nearly not funny! [-X
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby DAEM0N » Sun Aug 06, 06 3:57 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Godz Server is coming back.

Nochanc in his forums:
But on the brighter side,.. McAffee is having a field day in the server right now and that hacker is not only going to be caught but McAfee is going to take his toys away from him. He used it on the wrong guy, and now hes going to loose it. The fix is also going in the next Windows patch I hear.

Mcafee is totaly re-written there update software as you all will soon see.

In fact anyone that has McAfee can click on update to see it for themselves. It's not finished but they just installed the new screens a few days ago. The complete fix has not been implemented yet because its still being written, and there talking to the LavaSoft company about something.

That server will stay down untill they are completly done with it. As per McAffee's request. When they are done GODZSERVER will come back on line.

BTW, It seams that there is at least one German IP address involved. They caught it hitting the IRC channel involved in a dos attack on the server.

Hopefully this process takes forever and we don't see Godzserver coming back for a few months, but then again it might not and we could see the server tomorrow :?
DAEM0N

Postby Zantinzuken » Sun Aug 06, 06 4:02 pm

It's just the particular mods on his server i do not like.

If he made it normal, people from both sides of the fence would go to it...

But of course, then the "OMG U PLAY 0-AUGS, U NUB" argument will arise, which is tedious and annoying.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby ICE » Sun Aug 06, 06 4:08 pm

I miss the good ol days when i would spend all my time playing my very first's online game of DX.
ЛЕДImage
The recent message was not spam but was a topic warmer and the message was copyrighted for eternity!Im in czech at the moe.
ICE
Poster

Postby Cozmo » Sun Aug 06, 06 4:29 pm

I have mcafee and on the updates i see no "New update screens"

Hopefully someone will just ddos again... Or i could lam bug it too hell.. :lol:
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
Cozmo
Master

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sun Aug 06, 06 4:41 pm

50 LAMs/sec would do its job
but nochanc hunts down buggers as/to hell

The real GODZ server wasn't up since 2003 anyways.
With real i mean one with low gravity, explosives, GODZ maps with godz only area.. etc
Nobody is perfect...

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Aug 06, 06 4:53 pm

DAEM0N wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Godz Server is coming back.

Nochanc in his forums:
But on the brighter side,.. McAffee is having a field day in the server right now and that hacker is not only going to be caught but McAfee is going to take his toys away from him. He used it on the wrong guy, and now hes going to loose it. The fix is also going in the next Windows patch I hear.

Mcafee is totaly re-written there update software as you all will soon see.

In fact anyone that has McAfee can click on update to see it for themselves. It's not finished but they just installed the new screens a few days ago. The complete fix has not been implemented yet because its still being written, and there talking to the LavaSoft company about something.

That server will stay down untill they are completly done with it. As per McAffee's request. When they are done GODZSERVER will come back on line.

BTW, It seams that there is at least one German IP address involved. They caught it hitting the IRC channel involved in a dos attack on the server.

Hopefully this process takes forever and we don't see Godzserver coming back for a few months, but then again it might not and we could see the server tomorrow :?

I had to stop my self from actually 'lol' at that.

Gj NoChanc. :gj:
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Sun Aug 06, 06 5:05 pm

i just wonder from where Nochanc is taking all his stories. :?
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Aug 06, 06 5:12 pm

~[A]Noodles~ wrote:i just wonder from where Nochanc is taking all his stories. :?

Well, I could give you a few idea's, but watch out for me, I'm a banned man!
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Re: but, I miss it, and so do other people

Postby Alistair » Sun Aug 06, 06 8:02 pm

Brokenwing wrote:I heard there were gonna be new maps....the game is dying faster now without godz' server.......I want it to come back!

Godz is a lousy replica of Halo.

About the cracking, hehe it must of been one of the DX players, also why doesn't the punk move to Linux/Unix?
Alistair
Forum Hero

Re: but, I miss it, and so do other people

Postby DarkKnight » Mon Aug 07, 06 1:05 am

Konami wrote:
Brokenwing wrote:I heard there were gonna be new maps....the game is dying faster now without godz' server.......I want it to come back!

Godz is a lousy replica of Halo.

About the cracking, hehe it must of been one of the DX players, also why doesn't the punk move to Linux/Unix?

Well obviously, Windows has far more 'support' so he can 'hunt down' the 'hackers' that are 'attacking his server'.

'When Mcfee finishes', he's going to 'really crack down hard' on those 'hackers' and 'report them to the ISPs'.

Feel free to reaplce 'areas' with text from your own thoughts.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Cozmo » Mon Aug 07, 06 10:49 am

Funny thing is, i heard that "The attacker" (Not mentioning any names, though it's obvious...) ordered the ddos, so it wont actualy get the person behind it? :P
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
Cozmo
Master

Postby [ß]Lost » Mon Aug 07, 06 10:30 pm

lol, it's easier to ping it up :D
[ß]Lost
Regular

Postby Fatman » Mon Aug 07, 06 10:42 pm

OK, i know that all of you guys think that GODZ server is noobing up the game, but i dont know if you need to keep putting him down. His server has lost some of the things that made it great Low gravity and the GODZ only areas and the Bowenbots. And A 0-aug game lets people get used to the controls of the game and the pace. So 0-aug is, in my eyes, just training before you go into the augs and get ur butt handed to you. And well hey sure the mods he has put up on the server do kinda suck. That is no reason for Hacking his server, and bringing it down. Some other person whould just make a copy of his server, and you back to where you started.
This i remind you is the my Opeinon
Fatman
Wannabe

Postby clyzm » Mon Aug 07, 06 10:54 pm

About 95% of the people in GODZ are either; assholes, noobs, misdirected newbies or diehard 0 aug fanatics.

:roll:
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Mon Aug 07, 06 11:00 pm

§ KÃÎÐEN § wrote:The only reason I didn't play it when it was on was because my ping was often around 500-600 on it the whole time.

I wouldn't hack a server if I could anyways, the host is trying to provide fun for people and you would be trying to take it away :shock: * Means your evil. *

well, kaiden, in this special case, DX makes more fun without that server
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Cozmo » Mon Aug 07, 06 11:15 pm

Fatman wrote:OK, i know that all of you guys think that GODZ server is noobing up the game, but i dont know if you need to keep putting him down. His server has lost some of the things that made it great Low gravity and the GODZ only areas and the Bowenbots. And A 0-aug game lets people get used to the controls of the game and the pace. So 0-aug is, in my eyes, just training before you go into the augs and get ur butt handed to you. And well hey sure the mods he has put up on the server do kinda suck. That is no reason for Hacking his server, and bringing it down. Some other person whould just make a copy of his server, and you back to where you started.
This i remind you is the my Opeinon

It sounds like you have not played GODZ for a few years...
It's now/was shitty custom maps with lams and 20mm in spawns, had 1 shot kill weapons and was 0 aug.
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
Cozmo
Master

Postby Dejavu » Mon Aug 07, 06 11:34 pm

rofl @ nochanc

can someone put some more convos of him? im not on his forum either. i couldnt register, cos my IP wasnt logged on his server <- another BS from nochanc.

his server wasnt hijacked, nor hacked, his server was under DDOS attack. for all those who dont know whats that, go to www.google.com.

i ordered it, i confess and im cool 8) and i could do it anytime again. but not for long. dudes who do that need resources. what nochancs firewall logs can show is just thousands of different IPs from which the attack was performed. these IPs are hijacked pcs where bots are running. they do connect on an irc server, which is also set on a lil better hijacked pc. the master connects via BNC. so, conclusion: nochanc can track down one bot (zombie) from attackers IP (eg: hacking/exploiting the same IP), he can disassemble it, read out some important info - IP of irc server, channel, pass etc. he could even join that irc channel and see whos master there. but, then there are 2 problems: quering host of the master is disabled on that irc server and secondly, hes using BNC. so, even if he got his IP, this wouldnt be his IP, but the IP of BNC. and from there on, only FBI can track down the botnet owner. but FBI wont help nochanc. why? cos there wasnt 5000 $ of damage done. nochanc was ddosed for 2 days and that was all. like you see, he is so paranoid :D

ps: linux and nochanc? pfff, give me a break. do u really believe nochanc could be using linux. he cant set up well his own server lol.
Dejavu
Regular

Postby Spiderbot01 » Mon Aug 07, 06 11:38 pm

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:About 95% of the people in GODZ are either; assholes, noobs, misdirected newbies or diehard 0 aug fanatics.

Everyone is a noob once. Except Jay, he was born godly. *Swoons*
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Tue Aug 08, 06 12:01 am

Spiderf[A]g01 wrote:
[A] Cataclyzm wrote:About 95% of the people in GODZ are either; assholes, noobs, misdirected newbies or diehard 0 aug fanatics.

Noob is different from newbie.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Allan » Tue Aug 08, 06 12:06 am

[A] Cataclyzm wrote:
Spiderf[A]g01 wrote:

Noob is different from newbie.

Newb/Newbie=A new player.
n00b/fr00b/n00bl3t=A person who's a right tw@ in game, IE: Where there are keypads with codes, they'll spam something along the lines of "0Mg!! WaTz dA codz 4 da padz1!1!11!one!". IN other words, peeps who behave like right twats.
Allan
Alpha

Postby monkee » Tue Aug 08, 06 2:20 pm

ICE wrote:I miss the good ol days when i would spend all my time playing my very first's online game of DX.

Chicken dancing, ah.. good old times! :P

edit: And Deja, excellent work.

Please don't double post, the edit button is your friend.

Mod.
monkee
Poster

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Tue Aug 08, 06 2:31 pm

§ KÃÎÐEN § wrote:
~[A]Noodles~ wrote:
§ KÃÎÐEN § wrote:The only reason I didn't play it when it was on was because my ping was often around 500-600 on it the whole time.

I wouldn't hack a server if I could anyways, the host is trying to provide fun for people and you would be trying to take it away :shock: * Means your evil. *

well, kaiden, in this special case, DX makes more fun without that server

Hmm.. Yeah I supose.

I guess the players from that server go onto others making them more full... Is that good or bad?

Well, then they either get banned or are forced to conform and become real DX players.
Nobody is perfect...

~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Next

Return to Multiplayer