DXAG

All multiplayer related discussion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

DXAG

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 24, 06 11:28 am

Anyone up for a team game on AG sometimes? Perhaps there could be some repeating event planned where people would just gather together at certain hour and show them boons how AG team game is played, and also to have some fun.

I played there only as medic last night and it was a chaos.. one dude from my team even started shooting me because he thought i was trying to teamkill him with health spray... :S

2 teams with dedi medic/engineer as a support would make of awesome game if you add some tactics to it.

I remember the game my team had against those carandaches, it was awesome, we kept the middle smuggler area and they just kept attacking us from all the different directions... we even had some spots organized for ambushes and for general guarding..

Also, to AG developers, how about adding the streaking advantage aspect to the game, somewhat like in ATDM, HOWEVER in AG it would be much more enjoyable even for those who arent so good, because it only means you need to work with your team really hard to take those streakers down.

As a flash thought it came to me also that perhaps for example streaked medics would be capable of healing a bit more, set it as like 3 levels perhaps, and even add stars to the name or something.. in scoreboard, should be possible through modifying the gametype yes. Im getting carried away here but I really see a future for the mod even in extinct dx.

ALso, 12 player limit isnt as fun =(
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Sep 24, 06 11:41 am

Good idea, I remember when people would block the passages to get to the turret with random furniture *cough*Bezza*cough* :P

I'd be well up for that. Engineer ftw.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sun Sep 24, 06 12:16 pm

I'd be game.

Me reaction and Cosmo had a thing goin on earlier. It wasn't bad.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Reaction » Sun Sep 24, 06 12:21 pm

Wasnt bad, it was great :D Im in, anytime.

Spiderf[A]g01 wrote:I remember when people would block the passages.

Nothing wrong with a good baracade! It's fun attacking and being attacked, it adds another dimension to the game.
Reaction

Reaction
Wannabe

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 24, 06 12:37 pm

mmm, calendar mod would be great for this board O.o, we could just add events there.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Sep 24, 06 12:39 pm

Reaction wrote:Wasnt bad, it was great :D Im in, anytime.

Spiderf[A]g01 wrote:I remember when people would block the passages.

Nothing wrong with a good baracade! It's fun attacking and being attacked, it adds another dimension to the game.

I meant it _was_ fun. :]
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Sun Sep 24, 06 1:19 pm

Barricades ftw!

As soon as i wake up ill re-read your ideas so they actually go in my head

Cheers guys for more support, and the nagging feeling in my head to get on with the next version
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Siva » Sun Sep 24, 06 1:32 pm

Pick+Hackable Locks that activate barricades in maps? YES PLEASE!
//..
Siva

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:20 pm

MrBlack wrote:Barricades ftw!

As soon as i wake up ill re-read your ideas so they actually go in my head

Cheers guys for more support, and the nagging feeling in my head to get on with the next version

Yeaaa, :D
I could post a load of ideas of what few might be possible to add in next release O:, the mod gives this really strong team sensation when played correctly, especially if youre a medic and feel rsponsible.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Bezza » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:25 pm

Barricades are leet.

Is this like an AG war everyone is planning? i cba to read all the posts. :/
Bezza
Poster

Postby Bandee » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:32 pm

me neither lawlz! I dont really like dxag gametype cos u cant get ammo <_<
Bandee

Postby MainMan » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:36 pm

Btw guys, seeing as this is turning into a suggestion thread, if anyone has any feedback on my Landerneau map, or suggestions for the next release of it, post here.
Last edited by MainMan on Sun Sep 24, 06 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Bezza » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:40 pm

A CMD would be cool, or one like DXMP_Meca...
Bezza
Poster

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:41 pm

Needs more explosion.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Cozmo » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:50 pm

XII//:Prod1gy wrote:I'd be game.

Me reaction and Cosmo had a thing goin on earlier. It wasn't bad.

Arrrrggghhhhh! Spell it with a Z, you've known me long enough now. :(

Oh and I wanted a CMD, stealth could lockpick those windows on roof to get in lobby and/or engineers could control lift and loads of other tactical things i can think of. :)
Cozmo_RPG (v1 & v2)
MPConversations - A tool for creating multiplayer RPG stuff
Cozmo
Master

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 24, 06 2:56 pm

that lift idea is very original

some particles for the Landernau, its a battle map after all. and perhaps noises O_o
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Sep 24, 06 3:48 pm

It is actually really frustrating when people don't use teamwork.

I was repeatedly asking someone to go as a med just to heal people, naturally no one did. Throughout Zan Goh I was an engineer, took over three of the turrets as I always try to do and so think I know lets box the opposition in lets go for the fourth.

OH NO no one would actually come and help, except for impe. I can make my way there on my own, I can take the turret out on my own, I can even take surrounding players on my own, but one thing that people DONT REALISE is that engineers need protection while the hack and take over computers!

[/rant]
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Sun Sep 24, 06 10:02 pm

Question...?

If you un-ghost while inbetween walls or in a place which hasnt been built in the map what exactly happens?
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Sep 24, 06 10:06 pm

Don't you just die?
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Sep 24, 06 10:30 pm

i think you explode to pieces/die
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Sun Sep 24, 06 10:43 pm

Excellent

*twiddles fingers*
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Allan » Sun Sep 24, 06 10:55 pm

Erm, you get the "Actor Fell Out Of World" treatment.

(Physice set to None, Everything possible set to none, then destroyed.)
Allan
Alpha

Postby Siva » Mon Sep 25, 06 6:08 am

In future I will COSMO.
//..
Siva

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Sep 25, 06 4:54 pm

DXAG 3: Enter the PRAT

Partical Reconstruction Area Transition
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Bob » Mon Sep 25, 06 5:26 pm

Oh yes!

v, 5, 7
Bob
Forum God

Postby synthetic » Mon Sep 25, 06 5:56 pm

Some ideas, suggestions.

¤ Make medics slightly less capable (change the poison damage dealt smaller but over longer period of time).
¤ Make medics bally slightly more effective
- explanation -
As a medic I currently can go easily alone against 5 enemies and kill them all or with 90% ratio after I die. The only team I need is one engineer, and perhaps another medic.
Now, yes of course my effort can be rendered to zero by one or two medics in enemy team, but when the enemy doesnt work as a team I am a leathal weapon. It even comes to a point where I am satisfied with 3-5 kills per one death ratio and need NO team what so ever. And I can always pick up lams enemy plants.
Not to completely nerf the medic profession id say a bit more protection would be good idea, so, medic would be harder to kill than others, (i get the feeling bally isnt quite as effective as it used to be?), but wont be a one man tank either.

¤ Streaking - upgrade existing augs/damage/healing
- explanation -
In the game with russians there was the option of getting more augs per kill, i liked it but I think in AG the streaking aspect should be slightly different, as in, for example, 3 streak levels: I you spawn with II you get after certain amount of kills, 1 kill perhaps, or 3, and III which youd get after streaking like 10 perhaps, or lower than that, like 5, what ever seems more balanced.
These streak levels would directly affect the power of the augmentations each profession has, increasing their effect by a notch, enough to notice and enough to want the streak, but not quite enough to shift the game balance. Also, id boost the damage/healing of certain weapons by certain professions, actually, boost the damage for every profession perhaps, but by a little. For medic such streaking (with previously changed damage) would be more remarcable and he is earned more boost to his healing and bally than others perhaps, where as the poison damage would only get a slight boost.
It would be visually awesome if such streakers would also have some mark to indicate their streak level, instead of the streak number itself. The first idea that came to me was adding stars to the name perhaps, or some symbol similar to that but what deus ex supports. So streak level II would show as * Name or *Name*, also there might just be a simple I and II and III added to each player perhaps.
I believe it is possible since there was "administrator" message added to the scoreboard by mMTL.

¤ Further decrease the explosion range for lams, or, decrease their travelling speed so the lam would get thrown slower. Or any other alternative way to get rid of the issue below:
- explanation -
when people are going to whore in AG they will either go 100% darts (medic) or 100% LAMs (sniper). A full server on deus ex traditionally small map will be rather nasty if the whole enemy team throws lams at you and even if you kill them they will simply happily respawn to get those two lams they just threw at you. So ANY way to considerably reduce this whoring without getting rid of some cool explosions would be awesome.
ALSO, I believe engineer would have more use of explosions, as he is our sort of heavy guy. OR --> see below

¤ Optionally, add new class (yes I know it would be timeconsuming and would mean redoing the maps, but its idea still) Explosives Master or something similar but with traditionally smaller name =).
-> He should have GEP gun, but modified according to DestroyerZero's 0aug GEP gun perhaps, or if need be, customly modified the way youd like yourself. Also, Im not sure what purpose ADS serves in current AG, it might be smart to revise its functions according to new possible class.
-> He should have Flamethrower (from engi), Plasma Rifle (perhaps only available for upgraded Heavy? (getting carried away, means more work and might be just a bit impossible), GEP gun (Severely nerfed, faster fire rate perhaps but with smaller rockets (Mj12 rockets?), smaller blast radious, smaller damage, it should not be TOO powerful, but it should still have some edge that makes the weapon useful.

=. will post some more ideas later .=
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Wasted » Mon Sep 25, 06 6:19 pm

I was thinking the same thing. What maps are you thinking though? I'd rather it be Smuggler, Landerneau, and something else. I'm not too fond of Area51, But I don't mind.
FFS
Wasted
Forum Hero

Postby Bezza » Mon Sep 25, 06 6:21 pm

Big AG maps = Geigh?

Me thinks so lozl. :roll:
Bezza
Poster

Postby MrBlackDX » Mon Sep 25, 06 6:24 pm

-ren wrote:Some ideas, suggestions.

¤ Make medics slightly less capable (change the poison damage dealt smaller but over longer period of time).

That should have already been covered in the latest release

¤ Make medics bally slightly more effective

The adjustment of ballistic protection will come if the other factors dont balance it out

¤ Streaking

Your system is intruguing, however, an upgrade system will be in developement in a similar manner.

¤ Further decrease the explosion range for lams, or, decrease their travelling speed so the lam would get thrown slower. Or any other alternative way to get rid of the issue below:

Lams should be doing crap damage anyway

¤ Optionally, add new class

Way ahead of ya, twice

But seriously, thanks for the feedback and suggestions buddy
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby synthetic » Mon Sep 25, 06 7:15 pm

i _have_ played the new version, which is, the version of AG in nobody's server 1-2 days ago, so all my suggestions are based on that (lams, poison etc).

I will be more than happy to post some more ideas on classes or what not, soon =). Long posts, need some thinking too =)

edit: perhaps its not the damage that is a problem, but the explosion range, still. Because if 3 people throw their 6 lams at you its a mayhem, and totally un called for as it leaves no room for tactics?
synthetic
Forum Hero

Next

Return to Multiplayer