DLC pre-release discussion - The Missing Link

Discussion about the prequel by Square Enix.

Moderator: Forum Guards

DLC pre-release discussion - The Missing Link

Postby James » Fri Sep 02, 11 8:17 pm

Coming in October
The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During Adam's quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

After being tortured by Belltower agents and having his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must rely solely on his basic capabilities to escape from a freighter, destined for an unknown location. While fighting for his survival on the ship, he uncovers another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have suspected. As Adam, befriend new, mysterious allies and fight ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

-New layers of conspiracy unveiled
-Sprawling new environments
-Brand-new characters to interact with
-Rebuild Adam's augmentation set from scratch. Build up a brand new Adam!

What is The Missing Link? You'll find out soon...

http://deusex.com/news/The-Missing-Link
Last edited by James on Thu Sep 08, 11 7:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Fri Sep 02, 11 8:24 pm

A little confused at rebuilding Adam's augmentation trees but hopefully this will be an hour or two long!

I really hope all DLC brings back all cut content.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Fri Sep 02, 11 8:37 pm

and more credits
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Fri Sep 02, 11 8:38 pm

lol. Well hopefully there's merchants there. There's only one merchant on the final area, which is after the are after the DLC ye
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sat Sep 03, 11 1:55 am

-b..but I like my adam! :cry:
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby lfcjake » Sat Sep 03, 11 2:04 am

Fucking great news, can't wait! Havnt even completed it yet!
| Justice for the 96 |
Steam: lfcjake
lfcjake
Wannabe

Postby Aidan » Sat Sep 03, 11 2:30 am

By the way Jay...

The link you posted as you locked the "August 29th?" topic leads to the same "August 29th?" topic, and not this one.

I'm not sure if you've done this with intent; but if you haven't, I thought I'd like to point it out.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sat Sep 03, 11 5:46 am

Oops. I'll fix.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Gishank » Sat Sep 03, 11 10:06 am

Hmm, sounds interesting. But I'm disappointed with the fact that I'll have to do another playthrough to get to it. :(
Gishank
Forum Super Hero

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Sep 03, 11 11:50 am

Gishank wrote:Hmm, sounds interesting. But I'm disappointed with the fact that I'll have to do another playthrough to get to it. :(

Yeah, who wants to replay a game they paid £50 for..
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Sep 03, 11 11:54 am

LOL CONSOLES
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sat Sep 03, 11 12:34 pm

£29.99 Tesco fuck yeah.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Sat Sep 03, 11 1:00 pm

Do you think "rebuild from scratch" could possibly include not having the default augs like health regeneration...?
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Sat Sep 03, 11 4:46 pm

Didn't expect that, will be awesome if so Ben.

Hoping it is also quite literally rebuilding his augmentations, considering they're disabled.

---

More stuff, came before the official news post but forgot to post:

DXHR DLC ANNOUNCED

The Deus Ex: Human Revolution conspiracy grows deeper in The Missing Link. During lead character Adam Jensen's quest for the truth in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, he mysteriously vanishes for three days. Where was he? What did he find out? The Missing Link reveals it all.

"We are very excited for Deus Ex: Human Revolution fans to be able to complete Adam's journey in the game with The Missing Link DLC," said David Anfossi, producer of Deus Ex: Human Revolution at Eidos-Montreal. "Gamers will be able to experience a vulnerable side of Adam like never before, which gives the overall game a whole new dimension. The Missing Link propels players into compelling gameplay, beginning with Adam being stripped of his use of augmentations, new, visually stunning environments and the continuation of Deus Ex: Human Revolution's conspiracy rich story."

After being tortured by Belltower agents and having his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must rely solely on his basic capabilities to escape from a freighter, destined for an unknown location. While fighting for his survival on the ship, he uncovers another layer to the conspiracy that he never would have suspected. As Adam, gamers will befriend new, mysterious allies and fight ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of Deus Ex: Human Revolution!
Last edited by James on Sat Sep 03, 11 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Tue Sep 06, 11 10:20 am

http://1ette7wle7r.13311tower.com/
Each new IP reveals a part.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Sep 08, 11 7:12 am

Image added to original post.

Rumoured to be 5+ hours long. Please be true.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Sep 08, 11 5:44 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Thu Sep 08, 11 6:25 pm

hey look 2027 reference

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by Kaiden on Thu Sep 08, 11 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby James » Fri Sep 09, 11 11:54 am

[spoiler]Hyron drones featured[/spoiler]
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Sep 14, 11 7:48 pm

Clicking “The Missing Link” on the main menu will take you straight to the DLC, so no need to prep save games in advance! We will not discourage you from starting a playthrough and playing it chronologically, however. We’re continuity nuts ourselves (but you knew that already, didn’t you?).

The man in the trailer is [spoiler]Pieter Burke, a high-ranking operative in Belltower Associates. And while he might not be the ultimate big fish, he is one mean son of a bitch… You will definitely want to kick his ass until he cries for help!

The woman is Netanya Keitner. Also works for Belltower Associates.[/spoiler] More info on them soon!

And while it is not essential in any way to have read The Icarus Effect, it is certainly a good idea to do so not only because the DLC has subtle references to it, but also because it’s a great novel, period.

You do regain your combat garb at some point in the DLC, so enjoy those sweet abs while you can! (The best way to enjoy Adam’s abs is, as you might already know, to make him dance. Except this time it’s set to “Rock the Boat”.)

Will we see a new hub in a DLC?

No, The Missing Link takes place in what we call a “compound”. But it’s a pretty huge one! Alright, we’re lying, it’s actually two huge compounds. Did we say too much already?

The Missing Link will be paid downloadable content. We will reveal the price a bit later! And you can play the DLC from any point in the game

Yes, the DLC will have 250 achievement points/10 trophies associated with it. Trophy/achievement whores be warned!
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Sep 14, 11 7:56 pm

bit disappointed at it being paid DLC tbh, but will invariably get it anyway.

In b4 James religiously defending any decision they make ever.
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Wed Sep 14, 11 7:58 pm

defend EM or their owner and publisher?

Predicting me?, good one.
Last edited by James on Wed Sep 14, 11 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Mon Sep 19, 11 6:02 pm

“The Missing Link will only be accessible through the main menu. We will never, ever stop you from playing our games, though, so if you feel like playing the game again, go right ahead, make some new choices, save right before you-know-when so you can pick up right where it starts!”

“Mary DeMarle, lead narrative designer on DX:HR was the lead writer on The Missing Link. Most members from the DX:HR writing team were back for writing duty on The Missing Link as well.”

“I would already call 5 additional hours of Deus Ex: Human Revolution-style gameplay (that is almost infinitely replayable) a prolonged game, so don’t be disappointed if I tell you that you will only be able to play it detached from the main game!” “We’ve seen an average of a little bit over five hours in playtest. If I’m not mistaken I think the playtest completion time bracket went from four hours (while missing a lot of content) to upwards of seven hours.” “The Missing Link is approximately 5 hours of sweet new content, but obviously that can vary depending on if you prefer the grenades-and-heavy-rifle combo versus the cloak-and-stungun combo. I’m afraid that’s the only questions I can answer at the moment, but stay tuned as some of that other stuff will be revealed soon(ish)!”

“Definitely upwards of 1.5 gb. Clean your hard drives and make some room, or you’ll regret it!”

“The Missing Link will not appear in the main game narrative, and your augmentation set in The Missing Link will not carry over to the main game after you’ve completed it. While gameplay-wise The Missing Link is not tied back into the main game, narratively you will find out things that will shed some much needed light on some of the …shadier sections of the Human Revolution world.”

“The Missing Link is localized for all languages for which DX:HR is available. You won’t miss out on the action!”
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Sep 20, 11 9:54 am

So its NOT going to be "within those 3 days between Hengsha docks and Singapore, we find out something happened to Jensen?"

That kindof sucks...
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:06 am

It is, but they're leaving it as a stand alone adventure and won't be intergrating it into the main campaign. Now THAT sucks.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:07 am

James wrote:It is, but they're leaving it as a stand alone adventure and won't be intergrating it into the main campaign. Now THAT sucks.

Yeah it really does
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:11 am

Mods will fix, hopefully.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Fri Sep 23, 11 6:41 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Sg_LYVFgQ[/youtube]
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sat Sep 24, 11 5:55 am

FIVE HOURS OF GAMEPLAY.

FUCK YES.

GETTING IT TOMORROW.

...of next month :cry:
Last edited by Aidan on Sat Sep 24, 11 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Kaiden » Sat Sep 24, 11 6:27 am

In the vid they turn painfully slowly :( Console?

EDIT: Ah 360.
Last edited by Kaiden on Sat Sep 24, 11 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Next

Return to Deus Ex: Human Revolution