Train station [here be spoilers!]

Project: 2027 modification discussion. Download it now!

Moderator: Ded

Train station [here be spoilers!]

Postby DIRG » Thu Oct 20, 11 2:34 am

So I'm at the train station in Siberia. One of my secondary goals is to meet the Omars in Moscow... everytime I board the choppa, I'm flown directly to Vladimir... and I fail the goal. How to avoid/what's the trigger?

P.S. Installing the new patch won't affect my saves, I trust?

Thanks, and good job btw, enjoy it immensely!
DIRG
Last edited by DIRG on Thu Oct 20, 11 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
DIRG

Postby eeZee » Thu Oct 20, 11 6:53 am

I'm a little confused. Where are you exactly? Are you at Station 336 on the way from Moscow to Siberia? If so, you're failing that goal because you just left Moscow (though I think technically, you you can't return once you tell the train conductor to bring you to 336). If you want to complete that goal, which you probably do, you'll need to reload to a state before you left Moscow proper.

I think the part that is confusing me is "flown directly to Dmitri". I don't recall ever seeing Dmitri after a helicopter flight.
eeZee

Postby DIRG » Thu Oct 20, 11 7:44 am

The North Labs train station. You get to it when you decide to take the train instead of flying back right away... after you disabled the jammer (and the bot?) at the North Labs construction site... otherwise Xander will end-up KIA, I suppose.

At the train station: In one of the bunkers there you have to switch on the navi lights of that helo landing platform. Xander then comes over and picks you up to fly to Moscow. Next thing is Vladimir telling you to arm up for the big one, and the Omars phone in that you're too late for their meeting at Moscow, as their soldiers are already on the way to Mt. Weather. And with that message this secondary goal fails.

The goal itself registers right after you switch on the router for Titan. After the AI's babble, Vladimir calls in telling you to stop by his flat, and after that the Omars notify you to move your ass to Moscow. I actually wondered already back then why Vladimir demand did not register as goal, when the Omars on the other hand did.
Last edited by DIRG on Thu Oct 20, 11 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
DIRG

Postby eeZee » Thu Oct 20, 11 8:07 am

Haha, weird. I've played the game like 4 times and have never been to that station lol. In fact, I didn't even know there was a train out of North Labs :/ Guess I'm not much help here.
eeZee

Postby eeZee » Thu Oct 20, 11 8:21 am

I just played througha bit of NL. When you say Dmitri, are you sure you don't mean Vladimir?
eeZee

Postby DIRG » Thu Oct 20, 11 8:32 am

eeZee wrote:I just played througha bit of NL. When you say Dmitri, are you sure you don't mean Vladimir?

Shit, yeah... it's Vladimir! Changed my posts, thanks.
Last edited by DIRG on Thu Oct 20, 11 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIRG

Postby eeZee » Thu Oct 20, 11 8:36 am

Okay, I just ran through a little bit more. Kinda funny because once I started doing all that, I realized that I'd done some work optimizing those infolinks and goals for 1.2.1, and it all came flooding back to me :P

Anyway, in every runthrough that I've played, the Asura are already gone when I return to Moscow. Unless Ded says otherwise, my opinion is that the "meet the Asura in Moscow" goal is a false flag that you will always fail- if that's the case, my guess would be that the original plan was to allow the player the option of going to Mt Weather with either the Asura or Vlad and/or Xander.

Ded?
Last edited by eeZee on Thu Oct 20, 11 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
eeZee

Postby Ded » Thu Oct 20, 11 9:03 am

There is no way to complete that goal.
Last edited by Ded on Thu Oct 20, 11 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Follow 2027 at Twitter
Ded
Project 2027

Postby DIRG » Fri Oct 21, 11 6:55 am

Thanks guys.
DIRG

Return to Project 2027