Who will help the widow's son

Discussion about the original game by Ion Storm. Also known as Deus Ex: The Conspiracy.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Who will help the widow's son

Postby clyzm » Thu Sep 04, 08 9:35 pm

Still don't get what the bum was referring to, perhaps he was insane.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby James » Thu Sep 04, 08 9:37 pm

Maybe its a reference to the Widow's Son Pub in London.

http://www.pubs.com/pub_details.cfm?ID=253
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Tue Sep 09, 08 7:14 pm

Freemasons.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Spazticus » Mon Sep 29, 08 3:25 pm

SHAUNTANK WILL SAVE THE DAY

Spazticus

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Mon Sep 29, 08 3:36 pm

That quote is hidden on the back of DaVinci Code book's aswell. You have to read the letters carefully and you notice. :shock:
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Mr. Tastix » Mon Sep 29, 08 3:38 pm

There's a lot of things in Deus Ex I could never work out. Like when you see the dead NSF body in Jaime Reyes office, he has some throwing knives on him and in the desk in front of the body is a datacube with some random letters in it.

I thought it was an anagram of sorts but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, granted I didn't try very hard as I have little patience for anagrams.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Snakey » Tue Sep 30, 08 7:33 pm

Psychotic wrote:There's a lot of things in Deus Ex I could never work out. Like when you see the dead NSF body in Jaime Reyes office, he has some throwing knives on him and in the desk in front of the body is a datacube with some random letters in it.

I thought it was an anagram of sorts but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me, granted I didn't try very hard as I have little patience for anagrams.

That wasn't random letters, it was the UNATCO motto. "Nihil aliud scit necessitas quam vincere", meaing "Necessity knows nothing else but victory."
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Oct 01, 08 2:15 am

Snakey wrote:
Psychotic wrote:There's a lot of things in Deus Ex I could never work out. Like when you see the dead NSF body in Jaime Reyes office, he has some throwing knives on him and in the desk in front of the body is a datacube with some random letters in it.

That wasn't random letters, it was the UNATCO motto. "Nihil aliud scit necessitas quam vincere", meaing "Necessity knows nothing else but victory."

Okay, so it's Latin? That makes so much more fucking sence to me. I only speak one language here, and I didn't care to look it up because I kept forgetting lol.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Wed Oct 01, 08 1:38 pm

I speak 2,5 languages but non of these are latin. Never tried to find out what the meaning of that sentence was.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby DX Nirvana » Wed Oct 01, 08 6:11 pm

It's a freemason distress call. The founding fathers of the US were all freemasons, as well as the founder(s) of the Illuminati. IIRC, the 'widow's son' is Hiram, builder of Solomon's temple, who was murdered. A re-enactment of Hiram's murder is one of the freemason's initiation rites.

DX Nirvana

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Oct 01, 08 6:54 pm

The actual Illuminati leaders were, indeed, all Freemason's.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Snakey » Thu Oct 02, 08 6:56 pm

Psychotic wrote:
Snakey wrote:

Okay, so it's Latin? That makes so much more fucking sence to me. I only speak one language here, and I didn't care to look it up because I kept forgetting lol.

Yup, Latin. From Publilius Syrus.
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Thu Oct 02, 08 9:47 pm

Snakey wrote:
Psychotic wrote:
Snakey wrote:

Remind me again due to laziness of looking it up, MJ12's motto. Something about knowledge itself being power, but cba to translate.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Snakey » Thu Oct 02, 08 9:58 pm

cataclyzm wrote:
Snakey wrote:
Psychotic wrote:
Snakey wrote:

Remind me again due to laziness of looking it up, MJ12's motto. Something about knowledge itself being power, but cba to translate.

"IPSA SCIENTIA POTESTAS EST", Latin for "Knowledge Itself Is Power."
<center>

Snakey
Alpha

Postby Siva » Thu Oct 02, 08 10:08 pm

DX Nirvana wrote:founder(s) of the Illuminati

In this thread CONSIPRACY
Last edited by Siva on Thu Oct 02, 08 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Return to Deus Ex