[MUTATOR] MMForceRespawn — forces player to respawn after X seconds

This forum is related to alpha maps and mods only.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[MUTATOR] MMForceRespawn — forces player to respawn after X seconds

Postby Dae » Tue Aug 07, 07 6:39 pm

MMForceRespawn
It's a mutator which forces player to respawn when killed after certain amount of seconds (you can define amount in options). This mutator could be handy in clanwars.

Installation
Close all Deus Ex instances running. Extract all files from the .zip archive (downloadable below the post) to DeusEx/System folder. Open DeusEx.ini from the same folder, find
Code: Select all
[DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine]

add somewhere after:
ServerActors=MMForceRespawn.FRMutator

Do not install the mutator via the mutators window. Otherwise you'll get an infinite recursion error.

Configure
If you host the server:
Launch the server.
— If it's non-dedicated, log in as admin & type "preferences"
— If it's dedicated, in the console type "preferences" or go to "advanced options" (menu option if you right-click on Deus Ex icon in the tray).
Then go to "Mutators" > "MM ForceRespawn". Set time (in seconds) before player is forced to respawn. When setting a new value (default = 15 seconds), keep in mind that it's fair to give players time to see killer's profile.

If someone else hosts the server:
Close the server. Open Mutators.ini, add
[MMForceRespawn.FRMutator]
TimeBeforeRespawn=15.000000

in the end of the file (create a new line beforehand). Set time (in seconds) before player is forced to respawn. When setting a new value, keep in mind that it's fair to give players time to see killer's profile.

You may see what version have you got by typing "mutate fr.version".

Note to hosters
The mutator works server-side. Visitors of your server won't have to download it.

Credits
Idea: Clix
Development: me & Nobody
Testing: me & Clix

Note to developers
1. The source code is open, as of most of my mutators. Feel free to alter it, but do not use MM in the name of your own mutator.
2. Most of Alpha Labs mutators are not compatible with MTL, because MTL has a bug with function Spawn() (it is performed twice). I discovered that long ago, maybe now with all these experience I'll be able to avoid it. I'll update the mutator if I find that out.
3. We tried to get rid of the red text after forced respawn, but it seems it's impossible without making the mutator work on client-side too.
Attachments
MMForceRespawn.zip
Latest version, 1.0.0
(1.7 KiB) Downloaded 1216 times
Dae
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Aug 07, 07 8:39 pm

What's "Red Text" and what does MM mean? :shock:
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Tue Aug 07, 07 9:14 pm

"You have been killed by X" is the red text

MM means MiniMachina I believe, but not totally sure.

Also thanks for making the mod, Dae and Nobody. :D
Last edited by Professor Layton on Tue Aug 07, 07 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Kaiden » Tue Aug 07, 07 9:15 pm

Oh yeah, I new that! Heh cheers.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Mon Aug 13, 07 5:53 pm

Good mod, well done.
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby VodunLoas » Mon Aug 13, 07 8:29 pm

Nice mod, I believe I asked Alex to make something like this for CRD. I wanted people to spawn right after they die. lol.
VodunLoas
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Mon Aug 13, 07 8:34 pm

I think the time thing is a littlee bit better :P That's why I was glad to see it was time, instant spawning would be chaos really, especially when you need to run somewhere real quick!

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Mon Aug 13, 07 11:54 pm

-[JTB]-Imperial wrote:instant spawning would be chaos really, especially when you need to run somewhere real quick!

it's not about chaos — you spawn almost instantly right after you die — 2 seconds don't count, it's about letting players see killer's profile or set up augs.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Tue Aug 14, 07 10:05 am

Dae[A] wrote:
-[JTB]-Imperial wrote:instant spawning would be chaos really, especially when you need to run somewhere real quick!

it's not about chaos — you spawn almost instantly right after you die — 2 seconds don't count, it's about letting players see killer's profile or set up augs.

How about those who get killed and then don't respawn because they don't have to. I presume this is one of it's purposes.
And chaos may not be the right word, but immdediate spawns aren't preferrable, for those who want to avoid getting killed afk and you would get a lot of deaths because each time you're being forced to spawn straight away, that's what I mean.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Professor Layton » Tue Aug 14, 07 1:25 pm

I requested it when i thought that people could stop respawning in order to keep their score positive, which would be very lame in clanwars and especially theu pcoming league.

As for respawning people being afk, one can leave the server if he doesn't want to die due to being AFK, MTL keeps your info for 5 minutes I think, and seriously, if you're gonna be away for more than 5 mins then you shouldn't be in the server in the first place.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Tue Aug 14, 07 1:28 pm

By the way, I thought there is a kick-idlers mutator, no?
Last edited by Dae on Tue Aug 14, 07 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dae
Alpha

Return to alpha laboratories