[PATCH] MMUserInterface (v1.8)

This forum is related to alpha maps and mods only.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[PATCH] MMUserInterface (v1.8)

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 11:37 am

<center>MMUserInterface</center>

Description
V1: This mod enables you to change MasterServer while ingame. It's easy to use, and it doesn't even look bad. By this you can switch from GameSpy (master0.gamespy.com) to FGS (master.dxmtl.eu) MasterServer.
V1.1: You can now switch MasterServers with the provided arrows.
V1.2: You can now see multiple MasterServers in 1 list.
V1.3: Small looks change.
V1.4: Big bug fix
V1.5: Small bug fix & checks for latest version
V1.5.5: Big bug fix
V1.6: Increased speed & adjusted "latest version" window.
V1.7: Fixed huge bug, hopefully.
V1.8: Added favourites feature.

Installation
Installing is very easy. Just download the .zip, and run the .exe file. Select your DeusEx/System folder (Usually C:\DeusEx\System), and press the Install button!

Favourites Feature
Why would you use the Favourites Feature, as the serverlist is quite small.
The answer to that is quite simple. "Favourites" is faster than the normal serverlist, as it does not contact the masterserver, and it only shows the servers you like!

Mind you, you got 'only' 100 slots for favourite servers. If you click "Add as Favourite" 100x for the same server, the 100 slots will be full! So don't add a server multiple times! I still have to build in a security for this.

Usage
Using this tool is really easy. You have 2 modes. The single MasterServer mode, and the multiple MasterServers mode. You can change what mode you want by editing your DeusEx.ini --> By changing the variable
Code: Select all
bCombineMasterServers

Setting it to True means it will show multiple MasterServers. Setting to false will enable you to browse through the predefined MasterServers, or you can just type in a MasterServer, and then press Refresh.

MasterServers
We currently suggest to only use this one masterserver when you use the "Multiple MasterServers" mode.
GameSpy MS - master0.gamespy.com

Special thing [IMPORTANT]
All ServerHosters, if you want your server to be listed on the FGS masterserver to need to do the following:
Open your DeusEx.ini and search for:
[DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine]

Now, we have 2 things, 1 for those who use Nepthys, and 1 for those who don't.
If you have Nepthys:
Add this under the part we just searched for:
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.dxmtl.eu MasterServerPort=27900

If you don't:
Add this under the part we just searched for:
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.dxmtl.eu MasterServerPort=27900

I do suggest you get Nepthys as soon as possible! Just look in the Modifications forum, and look at the stickies!

DXMTL.eu is offline. No need to add it to your DeusEx.ini

Known Bugs
Sometimes it hangs. Then you cannot enter any text. Just move your mouse over the password-text field, or over something else (Button/Textfield), and it should work again. Same with the 2 new buttons. You can't press them when you have moved your mouse over the Refresh/Host/Join button. This bug shall be fixed later. I don't have a clue how at the moment.

Updating your version
Do the same thing as in the Installation part.

Warning!
Please mind that, this file will override any file that you have in your system folder with the name DXMTL152b1.u or MMUserInterface180.u, it will also edit your DeusEx.ini.
We advise you to make a backup of your DeusEx.ini and already existing files (Such as DXMTL152b1) in case the installation process goes wrong.
Attachments
MMUserInterface180.zip
(108.46 KiB) Downloaded 2634 times
Last edited by Alex on Fri Nov 02, 07 8:48 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 2:49 pm

Screenshots:

First version.

Second version & the rest, when bCombineMasterServers is set to False

Third version & further, when bCombineMasterServers is set to True.

Version V1.8 - The normal server-list, with 2 new buttons.

Version V1.8 - The Favourites Server List, with 1 Remove button.
Last edited by Alex on Fri Nov 02, 07 8:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue Dec 26, 06 3:42 pm

Could you maybe make a dropdown menu, so players will not have to type ms address manually?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 3:43 pm

If I'd how. Is there a dropdown menu in any other already existing window? I already thought of it, but couldn't think of an example that I could use to make it.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue Dec 26, 06 4:03 pm

Right, can't remember dropdown in DX. Anyway, you could make it just like Connection Type in Player Settings + make the list refresh automatically when master server is changed
Dae
Alpha

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 4:07 pm

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Right, can't remember dropdown in DX. Anyway, you could make it just like Connection Type in Player Settings + make the list refresh automatically when master server is changed

But then it would also refresh when you typed 1 letter, making it perhaps lag & errorous.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Tue Dec 26, 06 4:22 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:
~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:Right, can't remember dropdown in DX. Anyway, you could make it just like Connection Type in Player Settings + make the list refresh automatically when master server is changed

But then it would also refresh when you typed 1 letter, making it perhaps lag & errorous.

Nein, I meant that you implement that only with that "Connection Type"-like field.
Dae
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Tue Dec 26, 06 6:52 pm

The closest thing to a dropdown menu that I can think of, is the team selection thing. (Loops through: Unatco > NSF > Auto > again)

This mod is AMAZING!! [A]lex I thought I'd never say this to you but you rox my dox so bad.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 7:55 pm

Thank you :)
Alex
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Dec 26, 06 9:31 pm

Hm.. So you would you or not be able to see the servers that are on the gamespy Masterserver? Like, for example.. If I host with my default GameSpy masterserver, will you be able to see it in the master.dxmtl.eu? I suppose not.. Also, does this prevent what Deja is doing as it's on a different MasterServer? Thanks.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 9:33 pm

§ KÃÎÐEN § wrote:Hm.. So you would you or not be able to see the servers that are on the gamespy Masterserver? Like, for example.. If I host with my default GameSpy masterserver, will you be able to see it in the master.dxmtl.eu? I suppose not.. Also, does this prevent what Deja is doing as it's on a different MasterServer? Thanks.

You, as server hoster, must make sure it also connects to the FGS masterserver, THEN it will also show up at the masterserver-list of FGS.
And no, this does not prevent that DejaVu does it to the GameSpy masterserver, but don't worry, we are working on it, and we know how he does it :)
Alex
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Tue Dec 26, 06 9:34 pm

You can host to as many masterservers as you want. Joining however, is limited to just one.

I still send an uplink to stuff like 'fragaholic', and 'epicgames', and even 'godzserver.' :P (obviously the uplink is aborted, but i just never change it)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Allan » Tue Dec 26, 06 9:36 pm

Fragaholic, surprisingly, still works without complaint! O_o
Allan
Alpha

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 9:43 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:You can host to as many masterservers as you want. Joining however, is limited to just one.

I still send an uplink to stuff like 'fragaholic', and 'epicgames', and even 'godzserver.' :P (obviously the uplink is aborted, but i just never change it)

I use these 2:
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=207.38.11.34 MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=Nephthys.NptServerUplink MasterServerAddress=85.214.57.178 MasterServerPort=27900

GameSpy & FGS ;) Works a bit faster than the master0.gamespy.com & master.dxmtl.eu

[A]llan wrote:Fragaholic, surprisingly, still works without complaint! O_o

It doesn't :)
I tried browsing the list with UserInterface100, and it didn't give any results.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Allan » Tue Dec 26, 06 9:49 pm

:( It seemed to work, it says it uplinks sucessfully.
Allan
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Tue Dec 26, 06 9:56 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:
§ KÃÎÐEN § wrote:Hm.. So you would you or not be able to see the servers that are on the gamespy Masterserver? Like, for example.. If I host with my default GameSpy masterserver, will you be able to see it in the master.dxmtl.eu? I suppose not.. Also, does this prevent what Deja is doing as it's on a different MasterServer? Thanks.

You, as server hoster, must make sure it also connects to the FGS masterserver, THEN it will also show up at the masterserver-list of FGS.
And no, this does not prevent that DejaVu does it to the GameSpy masterserver, but don't worry, we are working on it, and we know how he does it :)

Ok, so my server would/should appear on both MasterServers then? :/ Downloading now.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Alex » Tue Dec 26, 06 10:11 pm

§ KÃÎÐEN § wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:

Ok, so my server would/should appear on both MasterServers then? :/ Downloading now.

The mod doesn't help you make your server show up at both masterservers. Just look at the "Special thing [IMPORTANT]" part of the first post.
Alex
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Wed Dec 27, 06 11:21 am

Just some advice [A]lex, last night some people were talking about this mod on DXMP, but they didn't know where to get it. I told them to go to dxalpha, but I don't think any of them managed to find the mod on the forums. I think you should set up a website which just has the mod and installation instructions. (e.g. something like userinterface.dxalpha.com)
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 27, 06 11:21 am

Updated the first post. Version v1.1 is now out. Download link & Installation is in the upper post
Alex
Alpha

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 27, 06 11:34 am

~MainMan~ wrote:Just some advice [A]lex, last night some people were talking about this mod on DXMP, but they didn't know where to get it. I told them to go to dxalpha, but I don't think any of them managed to find the mod on the forums. I think you should set up a website which just has the mod and installation instructions. (e.g. something like userinterface.dxalpha.com)

Double Post. I know.
What do you think of http://zeroaugs.dxalpha.com/ :)
Redirects them to this post.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 27, 06 11:50 am

Excellent work :D
Dae
Alpha

Postby MainMan » Wed Dec 27, 06 12:32 pm

~[A]lex~ wrote:Double Post. I know.

Nice. Is downloading allowed for guests?
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 27, 06 12:35 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
~[A]lex~ wrote:Double Post. I know.

Nice. Is downloading allowed for guests?

Yes — as viewing, as downloading.
Dae
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Wed Dec 27, 06 3:35 pm

nice work I must say.
I sell donuts, if you want my donuts, give me a call.

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Imperial » Wed Dec 27, 06 3:44 pm

uh ohs. GPFs galore, can't connect to servers at all, just gpfs

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Alex » Wed Dec 27, 06 4:08 pm

What kind of GPF? (Screenshot please?)
Alex
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Wed Dec 27, 06 4:18 pm

[ img ]http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7894/gpfnewmodai5.png[ /img ]

Admin: next time use .jpg format. Your .png picture was 10 times bigger than my .jpg.
Attachments
gpfnewmodai5-2.jpg
gpfnewmodai5-2.jpg (75.49 KiB) Viewed 90230 times

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 27, 06 4:41 pm

Can we have your DeusEx.ini?
Dae
Alpha

Postby Imperial » Wed Dec 27, 06 4:42 pm

sure
Attachments
DeusEx.ini
(15.36 KiB) Downloaded 1927 times

DONUTS
Imperial
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Wed Dec 27, 06 4:48 pm

Try now
Attachments
DeusEx.ini
(15.28 KiB) Downloaded 1940 times
Dae
Alpha

Next

Return to alpha laboratories