Fanboy?

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Fanboy?

Postby James » Sat Sep 25, 10 11:45 am

What annoys me more than anything was me being called a hypocrite over the past 2 years over buying a PC and selling my 360 console, and talking shit on the 360.

I remember buying a 360 cause it was at the time cheaper than a new pc and games were going to shit. I have no regrets with it, I was correct because the PC video game market was going to shit and the only game that interested me was Dawn of War 1. For the 360 I was quickly introduced into a group and I had amazing fun with numerous people especially in Gears of War 1 (which is easily one of the most fun games of this generation and I still stand by it by one of the best games I have EVER played.) Never once did I not hype about the Orange Box and Left 4 Dead 1 since 2007, I was completely excited for them and that only was strengthed when I was immensely underwhelmed by Halo 3, when it came out... for me it got very boring quickly... so did the 360!?, although got a little better with Modern Warfare 1.

During this I was playing the Orange box on my older computer with a FX5500... I got involved in a few communities and through sour and positive reputation through familiarity with who I am, enough to being a respected moderator on a European server and threatened to be banned on sight if I was ever playing on the American servers (I never joined). I started playing WoW as my PC couldn't handle TF2 anymore and I couldn't run Sir Alex Motherfucker's gift of L4D1. I went back to play MW1 and Halo 3 for a bit but they were just more dire and boring with what I was spoilt with. It also became very apparent that my 1 and a year half visit with a 360 cost me over £800.

I then got a good PC ever since then. Enjoyed L4D1 immensely and managed to grabbed in some people from around DXMP into a newer community still based on DXMP itself. (but very open to people who haven't played DXMP at all... heh)

I don't regret anything. I play wherever I feel has the best games and deals. I remember someone online said I was a console fanboy and I just grimaced and said "Didn't I meet you in Deus Ex?". I have owned a lot of different gaming platforms so it was utterly hilarious for me.

I'm also going to say this right now:
I still feel the PS3 is the weakest console this generation, if you compare it to the PS2 it screams failure and the install base of the 360 is enough to dwarf it next generation. I've said it since day 1 that Microsoft's early release of the 360 was a gamble they won to secure the next generation.

While I say this, if you are planing to get a console do not get the 360 if you haven't got one already. The PS3 at this time has a better game library and free internet. 360 has 2 years left minimum before they abandon ship for the new console and it's simply cheaper to get a PC because there's barely any 360 exclusives at all worth noting. The PS3 right now is guaranteed longer life and is currently outselling the 3 consoles (mainly because people are too getting bored of their 360)

The DS is the best console this generation, deal with it.
Last edited by James on Sat Sep 25, 10 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Sat Sep 25, 10 11:48 am

IN B4 PS3 DA BEST.

Good times on GoW 1, despite my shittyness, still loadsa fun.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sat Sep 25, 10 11:48 am

Yeah you were one of the GoW1 crew.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Sat Sep 25, 10 11:49 am

Armpump.jpg
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus