WELP!

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

WELP!

Postby Tantalus » Wed Dec 22, 10 12:01 pm

This is the fifth damn time my sound card has packed up. There's no warning to it, I just come on the computer and the speakers don't produce sound. So all I do to fix it is uninstall the drivers, take the card out, put it back in, reinstall the drivers and it's working fine again.

The trouble is, it's just plain obnoxious now. I'll never be dealing with Creative again.

Can anyone recommend a good card mainly for entertainment that actually WORKS with 64 bit Windows 7?
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Professor Layton » Wed Dec 22, 10 8:46 pm

No problems with creative here, 32 bit windows XP though.

I wouldn't even know any good brand other than creative to be honest. :oops:

I guess you could try your onboard soundcard if you have one, it should be good enough unless you're one of those unlucky people that just isn't able to run certain games with realtek.
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Sat Dec 25, 10 11:36 am

Professor Layton wrote:I wouldn't even know any good brand other than creative to be honest.

ASUS. Creative are known for their shit Vista/7 support.

I'm also thinking of buying a sound card because so many people say that it significantly improves music playback quality, but I don't see how...
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Dec 25, 10 11:40 am

Neither do I, but I'm going to have to get one because frostbite engine is driving me nuts.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Sat Dec 25, 10 7:53 pm

There's no notable difference in sound quality, I only got mine because some versions of the realtek cards fuck up on a lot of the newer games.
Last edited by Professor Layton on Sat Dec 25, 10 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby James » Sat Dec 25, 10 7:56 pm

basically what clix said
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Sun Dec 26, 10 8:41 pm

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/166836

after a surround sound 200 dollar beast just got slapped out of my hands by a Scandinavian fucking war lord im getting this

i'm not an audiophile so why should i care
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Gaming and Technology