JRPGs

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

JRPGs

Postby DarkKnight » Sun Mar 07, 04 2:05 pm

I am a RPG nutter... I try and get as many different RPG's as I can get my hands on.

So I thought I would share my views and opinions on the games I've played thus far :)

Shadow Hearts - It is a good one :) It is very active and doesn't pull any punches on the gore side of things... the only problem is the mini games... if you want lot's of mini games then don't look at this game. 84/100

Ring of Red - RPG of sorts... but think of it as a war game RPG with giant mechs, what more could you ask for? 75/100

Front Mission 3 - Simply brilliant, I owe a good few sleepless nights to this game.... 93/100

Legend of Legaia 1 - This game is not so much a great game as it is a fun game to watch, when you buy a new piece of clothing you will see it change in battle, this is also the case for weapons and the art system is good. 80/100

Legend of Legaia 2 - Build from 1 but has taken the clothing aspect away and in stead put in mini games and more RPG treats. 80/100

Star Ocean 2 - Bloody good is the only way I can tell how much I enjoyed this game. I has two storys and from the get go you will understand why I say that you need to finish it 3 or 4 times. You get a new aspect from playing each side, and the combat system is simply brilliant. It is fast enough to keep action buff' some what happy, but it is also strategic enough for hard core RPG'ers to get into it. The fact that you can end with only a few people in your party or a full house is always plesent and the fact that the end changes depending on your love rating and the people you have in your party. It also blows the limit's away to. At one stage I had my character up to lvl 159... doing the bonus dungen granted... but it goes to show that there are very few limits. Also the ability to make items and weapons is very nice. If anything it lacks the polish story line wise of a FF, but it is still a great game to play. 90/100

Breath of Fire - Now... I have secret to tell you... I LOVE SNES RPG's...... ok now that it is in the open I'll move on. Breath of fire is the exact oppisit of Final fantasy, it always has a lead hero by the name of Ryu (Name can be changed) and he is part of the Dragon Clan a group of people who can summon/call apon the power of the Dragons. I started playing these at number 2 and have played 2, 3 and 4. I doubt they are to everyones taste, but if you are looking for a good SNES style RPG then have a look at 3 and 4. If you have a SNEs emulator (Or a GBA) then ggrab the rom (or game) of 2 and give it ago, it's a classic. 80/100 (Over all for the three)

Final Fantasy VII - The original and the best. No other RPG will ever touch this game, it has every thing to keep the hardcore RPG'er and new comer happy. 100/100

Final Fantasy VIII - A very good second go at a RPG for te PS1. It has a very mature story line and let's you wander off on some very long side quests. However it does lack some flexability when it comes to GF vs Materia. 97/100

Final Fantasy IX - The PS1 swan song. There is no other way to put it, it was a great well rounded if not a bit odd (No sword for the hero...) game that should never be looked down on. 91/100

Final Fantasy X - When it comes to console draw cards this one is the mother of them all. A big over haul of graphics, a great, deep story line and wonderful voice acting (A bit off sink... but most ppl will never notice) a great battle system and finally a wonderfull well rounded game that brings everythiing together well. If any complants are to brought forward it would be the fact that it doesn't allow much freedom for ppl like my self who like to wander asap. But for a first RPPG onto the new console plat form it was a damn solid performance. 95/100

Final Fantasy X-2 - Beware what you ask for you might just get it. When ppl complainded about a liner game style of FFX Squaresoft listened. FFX-2 gives you a full party from the start, a airship at the start, a map full of locals and if you have played FFX a dmn good idea of where to look for the goodies. And ....COSTUME CHANGES!!! Great game, nice characters, and a beautiful battle system. 99/100

These are just the RPG's that come to mind that I have found supplemnt my RPG needs when I'm not in FF mood (It does happen :shock: ). I just thought you might not know a few of them and I would share the ones I've found :)
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby kBo » Sun Mar 07, 04 4:27 pm

Chrono Trigger: Game Informer's 15th greatest game ever - TONS of sidequests - 200/100

Chrono Cross: Sequel to CT - 85/100
"Phreaking doesn't exist. It's an abstract concept that is blindly supported by the collective consciousness of a flakey subculture. You saw nothing."
kBo
Master

Postby Geddiz™ » Sun Mar 07, 04 5:18 pm

Any FF game owns. :) I've not played many others. :oops:
I think that DX is a bit RPG if you think about it, :-k you choose the path you take, what skills you get and the item system is like Diablo's. Although I HATE Diablo :smt013 , it is boring, I have this friend who talks about it 24/7 :evil: , V.annoying
Sh'up
Geddiz™
Elite

Postby Jeoh » Sun Mar 07, 04 5:24 pm

Diablo > you.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Geddiz™ » Sun Mar 07, 04 6:04 pm

|ALPHA|GeneralJoey wrote:Diablo > you.

What you mean?
Sh'up
Geddiz™
Elite

Postby DarkKnight » Mon Mar 08, 04 11:43 am

It means

Diable is greater then you and >= would be greater then or equal to you :roll:
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby Geddiz™ » Mon Mar 08, 04 6:19 pm

diablo can kiss my ass it sux :evil:
Sh'up
Geddiz™
Elite

Postby georgebingding » Wed Apr 07, 04 3:11 pm

hey everyones talkin bout diablo 1 or 2 ??? o whos got it or them and wat r ur users called i got them!!! :D
georgebingding

Postby C:Enter:£££ » Wed Apr 07, 04 3:38 pm

hey get baldurs gate2
C:Enter:£££
Forum Legend

Postby Jeoh » Wed Apr 07, 04 8:11 pm

I am talking about both the Diablo's.
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Anonymous » Wed Apr 07, 04 8:48 pm

wat r your username's on it (if u go on the online one?)
Anonymous

Postby Jeoh » Thu Apr 08, 04 5:40 am

ARGH!STOP DOUBLE POSTING!

It was GeneralJoey, with teh sorc/barb/zon/pally/druid ownsyou
Jeoh
Forum Legend

Postby Chococat » Thu Apr 08, 04 11:57 am

Don't worry I'm going around deleting the double posts lol :wink:

*spring cleans!*
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby Geddiz™ » Fri Apr 09, 04 4:40 am

DIABLO SUCKS MASSIVE D***!!!!

FF OWNS!!!
Sh'up
Geddiz™
Elite

Postby James » Sun May 23, 04 11:44 pm

Geddizâ?¢ wrote:DIABLO SUCKS MASSIVE D***!!!!

FF OWNS!!!

BOTH GAMES PWN YOU GIT!!!

*Throws you in Stevie's looney bin*
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Chococat » Mon May 24, 04 3:34 pm

Y'know... all I picture is a giant bin with tons of arms and legs sticking out everywhere coz there are so many people in the looney~bin! :roll:
Chococat
Emmaface

Postby James » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:32 am

Changed thread title even though other WRPGs are later mentioned, also NECROBUMP

Been replaying Shadow Hearts lately via PS2 emulator, very stelar JRPG and as Stevie said years ago it keeps you active. Colourful cast compared to other JRPGs.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:38 am

I loved Shadow Hearts, completed it twice, i have the two sequals but havn't played them yet unfortunantly
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby James » Tue Sep 20, 11 10:43 am

2 is better than the first, 3 is HORRIBLE
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby MrBlackDX » Tue Sep 20, 11 11:26 am

Shadow Hearts is great.

Very tongue in cheek, excellent combat system, intriguing story.

I actually mean to play this again soon...
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby James » Mon Oct 17, 11 1:36 pm

Keep dying on the 'first' big boss (end of Shanghai), really don't want to grind.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Gaming and Technology