Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning

Postby Mastakilla » Thu Feb 09, 12 3:19 pm

Anyone has it?

I got it through less then legal means because I sure as hell didn't want to spend money on yet another RPG that brings nothing new to the table. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't, being the broke bum I am. Haven't played too much yet but I think so far it doesn't deserve a buy...
(I really would buy it later on if it did turn out great, support and all)

Combat system is pretty good fun though, kind of like Dragon Age 2 is James going to laugh at me for this?
Edit: Actually, it's not. DA2 for me was pretty much just R R R R R R R R R R R R R RR R R R RR R R RR R R RR

Opposite of it is the sneak system which is easy as hell, pretty much Oblivion sneaking, with a giant eye on screen (twist here is the eye isn't on your HUD but above your victims!!!) telling you of you're spotted and people standing next to eachother sometimes not even noticing you just stealth killed one of them.

Will play more today and hope something turns out interesting to set it aside from others...

Sorry if there's already a topic, did a search for Kingdoms of Amalur and nothing came up, so I assume there isn't. If there is, feel free to merge
Last edited by Mastakilla on Thu Feb 09, 12 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Thu Feb 09, 12 3:33 pm

I heard it was horrible, never heard it before the recent demo which I am aware from people that is it a bad game. I may pick it up eventually, but there's truly nothing that brings it to my attention.

Mastakilla wrote:Combat system is pretty good fun though, kind of like Dragon Age 2 is James going to laugh at me for this?
Edit: Actually, it's not. DA2 for me was pretty much just R R R R R R R R R R R R R RR R R R RR R R RR R R RR

No because despite being one button for awesome, DA2 can be fun. Still that is not really a positive aspect of a videogame, as DA2's combat is stale.
Last edited by James on Thu Feb 09, 12 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dex » Thu Feb 09, 12 3:41 pm

Last edited by Dex on Thu Feb 09, 12 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dex
Forum Hero

Postby James » Thu Feb 09, 12 3:42 pm

"w/ guest Felica Day"

Dex you need to give me a good reason to watch this.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Thu Feb 09, 12 3:46 pm

Guess I'm in for a grind completing this if it's pretty bad then...

James wrote:
Mastakilla wrote:Combat system is pretty good fun though, kind of like Dragon Age 2 is James going to laugh at me for this?

No because despite being one button for awesome, DA2 can be fun. Still that is not really a positive aspect of a videogame, as DA2's combat is stale.

I didn't mean to imply DA2 combat system sucks, even though I did kind of mock it, just meant to say my comparison failed :oops:
I liked DA2 alot, and simple combat mechanics aren't always bad
Last edited by Mastakilla on Thu Feb 09, 12 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Return to Gaming and Technology