Gravity Daze / Gravity Rush

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Gravity Daze / Gravity Rush

Postby James » Sat Mar 03, 12 7:03 pm

Wikipedia entry wrote:The game is set in the fictitious, floating town of Hekseville. The story begins showing the player character, a girl called Kat, who has lost her memory. She then runs into a mysterious black cat that gives her the power to control gravity. Kat will use this ability in order to protect people from the threat of a Gravity Storm and the Nevi monsters that have appeared along with it.

The gravity-controlling mechanic can be used to fly through the air, walk on walls, and thrust devastating gravity kick attacks towards enemies. The player first presses a button to make the character float, then aims somewhere by tilting the console, and finally presses the button again to land. The tilting movement works thanks to the Vita's gyroscope.

The game was directed by Keiichiro Toyama, previously known for creating survival horror games such as Silent Hill and Siren. He stated in an interview that he conceptualized the idea for Gravity Rush more than ten years before its eventual release, describing it as the first game he wanted to create, pre-dating his work on Silent Hill.

I'm gutted a niche game like this is on a niche platform. Hopefully will be ported, but it is a strong launch title for the Vita.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Tantalus » Sat Mar 03, 12 9:59 pm

I thought you'd be all over this.

But you're right, it needs to be put on other platforms. Imagine a Steam release (won't happen, but still).
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Sat Mar 03, 12 10:10 pm

I imagine iOS at least.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Fri Mar 16, 12 8:17 am

I am dead.
James
Alpha