Day Z

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Aidan » Wed Mar 13, 13 8:32 am

[youtube]cLl2XlZ3TFk[/youtube]

[youtube]aeCWBElVCO0[/youtube]
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby UT » Thu Apr 25, 13 1:05 pm

Hope the Standalone will has a better gameplay (including a better 1st person view), better interface and oviously less bugs.
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3
James wrote:Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!

DJ wrote:wat dream

Chloe wrote:me, ofc
UT
Elite

Location: Action de déterminer avec précision le lieu de quelque chose.

Postby Aidan » Thu Apr 25, 13 5:02 pm

I know a few guys that are testing it. From what they've experienced, it's a hell of a lot better. No De-sync... Far less chance of hackers (but we'll see about that)... It feels like you actually have to search for things now.. There will be secrets hidden through the map... etc. OH yeah, AND it feels alot less clunky.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby UT » Thu Apr 25, 13 11:18 pm

Interesting then x).

Can't wait to get back in this game with my m107 / as50 and shooting people @ 1km+ x)
Tim Sweeeeeeney<3
James wrote:Of course I do I'm living the dream!!!!

DJ wrote:wat dream

Chloe wrote:me, ofc
UT
Elite

Location: Action de déterminer avec précision le lieu de quelque chose.

Postby Kaiden » Fri Apr 26, 13 3:19 am

It looks great IMO, quite looking forward to it. At this point the only thing that would ruin it would be hackers, but with them moving almost entirely away from client-based scripts (aka it was extremely easy for people to abuse it), it should be a lot better.

We'll see about price and stuff though, but from videos it certainly looks a lot smoother.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Fri Apr 26, 13 4:57 am

Kaiden wrote:It looks great IMO, quite looking forward to it. At this point the only thing that would ruin it would be hackers, but with them moving almost entirely away from client-based scripts (aka it was extremely easy for people to abuse it), it should be a lot better.

We'll see about price and stuff though, but from videos it certainly looks a lot smoother.

Yeah, and another thing as well. People seem to be confused about the engine it's running on...

Both Arma 3 and DayZ use "Virtual Reality 3," yes. However, from the base code of VE3, Rocket geared it toward his game, while the Arma 3 team geared it toward THEIR game. This is why the performance is relatively the same in both, but graphic/model/animation-wise Arma 3 is better.

Rocket's DayZ team does not have the same developers or budget that the Arma 3 team possesses. Which is why the DayZ standalone looks and feels half like Arma 2.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Fri Apr 26, 13 9:20 am

I thought DayZ standalone was still on the old engine but updated as they didn't want to wait or something.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Fri Apr 26, 13 4:42 pm

James wrote:I thought DayZ standalone was still on the old engine but updated as they didn't want to wait or something.

I believe the DayZ team didn't want to wait until the Arma 3 team fully developed the VE3 engine to 'next-gen' standards.

They already had access to the engine, and figured they could get a head start rather than waiting for a fully developed VE3. So in a way I suppose Rocket's version is like a.. VE 2.5. I think they're better off that way too, they've chopped months off of development time because of this move.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Tantalus » Fri Apr 26, 13 7:38 pm

They're using BI's Take on Helicopters engine.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Previous

Return to Gaming and Technology