=HA= Heavily Armed Clan (DayZ)

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

=HA= Heavily Armed Clan (DayZ)

Postby Aidan » Sun Jun 17, 12 6:18 am

I've created this as a separate topic due to a larger relation in HA itself.

Through playing a LOT of DayZ (credit to Italian Alex and Jay introducing it), I've met quite a lot of cool guys. After a while, we've began to accumulate even more, and more people in our DayZ team. We were all playing on another guy's server (awesome aussie guy) named Flexi. After plans of creating an even LARGER group, we then decided to create our own servers and expand.

Since then, I own, and have created http://www.heavilyarmedclan.com , our forum board , a Mumble server (details are on the top of the site), and a 50 slot DayZ server. There were a few other admins helping me out... but now they're hooked on CityLife RPG (ArmA GTA mod in essence), and I'm doing mostly everything (One of our HA mates "Curgon" has been helping me out a lot). At the moment, administration is a pain in the royal ass; but I'm sure I'll be fine once everything has been panned out accordingly.

I'm a server admin for SLC1 (Soon to have SLC2). I'd like to have a UK-Based SLC3 down the road; but this isn't top priority at the moment. Thanks to our very own Alex (here in dxalpha), we're going to change our vps to make the contents of this paragraph possible. Our server will be more powerful, and affordable.

If any of you play DayZ, I'm all for making an "DXAlpha" Channel on my Mumble server. Least I can do for my internet family. Just let me know what you all think!

TO THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED LATELY, THERE ARE MASSIVE CHANGES...
You start with a flashlight now. You must right-click most items in your inventory screen to use them. Zombies now have RAY TRACING. Zombies can lose sight of you. Zombies hit HARDER. Zombies are FASTER THAN YOU. CZ550 is more rare. AK's are less rare. More military grade weapons spawn in firehouses. Zombies sort of have new animations. Zombies have 'realistic' sounds. There is now a temperature system, and you must be near fire, or administer a heat pack to keep warm. Winchester damage is reduced, and only fire slugs now. There is now a double barrel shotgun. Dev team are taking ammo types and combining them (e.g. one type of ammo can be used for 3 different guns, etc.). MOST HACKERS HAVE BEEN BATTLEYE GLOBAL BANNED YEEEEEEEEE. There's a lot more in regard to updates; but it's late, and I can't think of them right now.
Last edited by Aidan on Sun Jun 17, 12 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sun Jun 17, 12 6:39 am

Would seriously be better in the DayZ topic.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Sun Jun 17, 12 6:52 am

That was my original thought; but we're really planning to branch out into other games as well. At the time being, we play DayZ, CityLife, and Battlefield 3.

Move it if you wish, but this topic may go very 'off-topic' in the future.
Last edited by Aidan on Sun Jun 17, 12 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Return to Gaming and Technology