Cyberpunk 2077

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Cyberpunk 2077

Postby James » Wed Aug 01, 12 5:42 pm

Forgot to post about this, surprised no one did.

CDProject making a Cyberpunk 2020 game.

Latest news.

http://en.thewitcher.com/community/entry/270
Last edited by James on Sun Oct 21, 12 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dae » Thu Aug 02, 12 10:55 am

Thread cleaned.
Dae
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Aug 02, 12 11:44 am

Mr. Tastix
Very cool.

My only gripe thus far is a rather minor, personal preference thing, with the picture in the article: The hexagon pattern on the neck puts me off completely. It was the first thing I noticed and such things always scream of cliche.

The issue isn't how it looks as the patterns can look spectacular but I'm of a similar opinion to Jonathan Jacques-Belletete, the art director for Deus Ex: Human Revolution in that hexagons, as a purely aesthetic choice, are extremely overused in futuristic environments. They're the "go-to" shape and because of their being so cliche, they can look rather tacky.

They - like every other overused design decision - can be made to look good, but that doesn't happen often, and most designers just throw random shapes everywhere without asking themselves why. "Because it looks cool" is a reason, I just don't think it should be the main reason.

Before anyone bashes JJB because Deus Ex happens to use liberal amounts of hexagons, consider reading where the statement was made.

I'm also feeling that. I really want to see more stuff from this game like the OP suggested he was trying for.

On the subject of JJB, the guy is obsessed with triangles haha. Expect that to be the cliche shape in the future.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mastakilla » Thu Aug 02, 12 2:16 pm

Illuminati!
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psychotic » Thu Aug 02, 12 4:11 pm

Hah, I assume there'll be strong conspiracy elements (what cyperpunk doesn't have that?) but I am kinda hoping it's not the Illuminati.

It's far too easy to fall into the Illuminati trap when looking for conspiracies. New World Order conspiracies are cheap, easy and a dime a dozen, when there are plenty of others hanging around and honestly, not that hard to make one up (though that doesn't make it a good or interesting one, mind you).

That and I'm a bit biased against the whole Illuminati scene nowadays because as soon as Call of Duty jumped on the bandwagon you got a bunch of kids all looking it up and thinking they're goddamn pro conspiracy theorists. I'm willing to bet that's where the one conspiracy addict in my course got his addiction from, frankly.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Aidan » Thu Aug 02, 12 6:10 pm

Dae wrote:Thread cleaned.

You could have retained my relevant comment.

Looks like a very cool game. Thanks for the link.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sun Oct 21, 12 8:54 am

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Return to Gaming and Technology