E3

Share your opinions and questions about anything to do with gaming and technology.

Moderator: Forum Guards

E3

Postby ynnaD » Mon Jun 10, 13 7:14 pm

Dead Rising 3 looks good, MGS looked amazing
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Mon Jun 10, 13 8:20 pm

Out of confirmed games keeping an eye on DA3, TESO, LotF, and thats about it. Some other stuff probably can be added to it once xbox goes home and more gets confirmed.

Absolutely loved DA1, DA2 was painful waste of time wasted for the sake of the marvellous prequel, and hopefully they manage to get at least some shit right with 3rd.

TESO is most likely a fail but I am guaranteed to kill a few months there with partner, maybe few years in the unlikely case it turns out to be a great game.

LotF is promising, but could as easily come with massive replay value as well as turn out to a massive fail.
Last edited by synthetic on Mon Jun 10, 13 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Mon Jun 10, 13 8:42 pm

TESO will most likely crash and burn. I really hope not, as I love the lore of the Elder Scrolls but if it's too much like other MMO's and if the developers are too stingy then it's not likely to do good.

Way I see it is it's combat will be similar to recent MMO's such as Guild Wars 2 and Neverwinter, but it has to have a decent amount of end-game content to really work well. It has to be fun in more than just combat especially as it's going to be released as a subscription, something which is a dying breed (unfortunately; I prefer sub-based games as the developers are under obligation to provide good service for a game you pay money for).

I am interested in Dragon Age 3 but I also hold severe reservations. The second had great gameplay but a horribly dumbed down storyline. It worked for Mass Effect but not so much for Dragon Age. On the plus side, whoever BioWare hired for their character backgrounds/dialogue is a goddamn legend, in my opinion. Varric has to be in DA3!

Other than these two games I am highly interested in seeing if Dark Souls 2 will be mentioned. Seen some gameplay of this already but more information is never a bad thing. The Witcher 3 will also be featured and this, alongside TESO, is my most anticipated upcoming game. The idea that it's bigger than Skyrim means little to me, but the idea that it's going to be open-world? Now that interests the fuck outta me.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Re: E3

Postby Aidan » Mon Jun 10, 13 9:30 pm

ynnaD wrote:MGS looked amazing

This. SO much this.

Mirror's Edge 2 HOLY SHIT DOES IT LOOK GOOD.

Wow EA, that was actually a good conference.

James Online for an hour and no comment yet. I am going to go ahead and expect a long rant haha.
Last edited by Aidan on Mon Jun 10, 13 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Tantalus » Mon Jun 10, 13 11:11 pm

...Apart from the fucking sports. And Battlefield 4. And another fucking Need For Speed. And the lame as hell Plants vs Zombies.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Psychotic » Mon Jun 10, 13 11:18 pm

Tantalus wrote:...Apart from the fucking sports. And Battlefield 4. And another fucking Need For Speed. And the lame as hell Plants vs Zombies.

Yeah, I have to agree with this.

Mirror's Edge sounds great but that makes it the exception, not the rule.

[e] Also note that the Mirror's Edge game is a reboot. I'm on the fence about this as I didn't really mind the storyline of the first but also don't feel a reboot would be a bad thing as there wasn't much investment from me into the characters.
Last edited by Psychotic on Mon Jun 10, 13 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Aidan » Mon Jun 10, 13 11:20 pm

What I liked:

Battlefield 4

Star Wars: Battlefront 3

Mirror's Edge 2

Titanfall

MGS5

Peggle 2 (fuck yeah)
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psychotic » Mon Jun 10, 13 11:38 pm

I believe Star Wars: Battlefront is simply a remake with only few changes (though honestly, if they just remade the game with better graphics and AI I'd be happy unless there's no PC version, then I'll be pissed).

So many people are fanboying out at EA right now and I'm sitting here reminding myself of Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3 and all the games in-between. They didn't get voted as Worst Company in America because they're bloody awesome.

Unlike everyone else I'm not going to fall for EA's smooth talking just because they've got new toys. EA might have made naive fools out of everyone else but I ain't no fool. I remember.

I remember Dragon Age 2. I remember Mass Effect 3. I remember every goddamn repetitive Battlefield since Battlefield 2. I remember all the horribly repetitive sports and racing games. I remember the anti-consumerist policies. I remember it all. I am no fool.

All their games sound awesome. I bet you I could make a shit sandwich sound awesome. It's called marketing, and my generation gets sucked into yet again. God help us when it's my generation running the damn country, too.

Do people really think this changes the fact that EA still believes in anti-consumerist policies?
Last edited by Psychotic on Mon Jun 10, 13 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Tantalus » Mon Jun 10, 13 11:40 pm

Huge true dat to the above.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Aidan » Mon Jun 10, 13 11:47 pm

Magniir wrote:I believe Star Wars: Battlefront is simply a remake with only few changes (though honestly, if they just remade the game with better graphics and AI I'd be happy unless there's no PC version, then I'll be pissed).

So many people are fanboying out at EA right now and I'm sitting here reminding myself of Dragon Age II, Mass Effect 3 and all the games in-between. They didn't get voted as Worst Company in America because they're bloody awesome.

Unlike everyone else I'm not going to fall for EA's smooth talking just because they've got new toys. EA might have made naive fools out of everyone else but I ain't no fool. I remember.

I remember Dragon Age 2. I remember Mass Effect 3. I remember every goddamn repetitive Battlefield since Battlefield 2. I remember all the horribly repetitive sports and racing games. I remember the anti-consumerist policies. I remember it all. I am no fool.

All their games sound awesome. I bet you I could make a shit sandwich sound awesome. It's called marketing, and my generation gets sucked into yet again. God help us when it's my generation running the damn country, too.

Do people really think this changes the fact that EA still believes in anti-consumerist policies?

I don't think it's that big of a deal man. Of course EA is still EA, but I'm excited for those specific games, and hope that they play as well as they look.

I only play BF for multiplayer, and it's very fun. I have no complaints. The gameplay is fun, and the hit boxes work. They've upped the ante on their physics engine as well, so demolition will be a lot more accurate (we can hope).
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psychotic » Mon Jun 10, 13 11:55 pm

Who plays BF for the singleplayer, really? It's designed for it's multiplayer and, like CoD, it hasn't changed much in the past ~6-7 years. The series is not that spectacular, it's still the same repetitive bullshit. Just like EA's sports title and just like Need For repetitive Speed.

Consider how old Team Fortress 2 is and how popular that is without Valve having to create a sequel every year or two. How about Counter-Strike? I don't like how it's become now (more loot-based than anything) but the point is that BF didn't need to have sequels after sequels. Neither do most of EA's titles. They also still completely fucked Command & Conquer, in my opinion.

My point was not that it will be bad but that people should take what companies like EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc, with grains of salt, but nobody does. They hear about the "next big thing" and their dicks immediately get rock hard.

We've had this argument before. People need to stop getting so excited for something based on it's premise, based on what the company says, because more often than not that hype leads to highly exaggerated expectations. Go look at every MMO made in the past 5 years.

too long; didn't read: I am not a fucking idiot and I won't stand for EA making me one. It's bad enough they fool everyone else.
Last edited by Psychotic on Mon Jun 10, 13 11:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Tantalus » Tue Jun 11, 13 12:03 am

So Ubisoft's conference was repulsive. Apart from Rayman. Where's my fucking Rainbow Six?
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 11, 13 12:24 am

The Division looked interesting, aside from that, uninspired

The black woman that presents makes my blood boil, she presented last year too and was almost enough to make me switch off

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby clyzm » Tue Jun 11, 13 12:26 am

Magniir wrote:I believe Star Wars: Battlefront is simply a remake with only few changes (though honestly, if they just remade the game with better graphics and AI I'd be happy unless there's no PC version, then I'll be pissed).

I wouldn't call EA anti-consumerist, their goal is basically to get as many consumers as possible, more like... corporatist
Last edited by clyzm on Tue Jun 11, 13 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Aidan » Tue Jun 11, 13 12:37 am

The division looks badass.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Tue Jun 11, 13 12:48 am

I'm glad I have a PC. Really excited for Titanfall.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Tue Jun 11, 13 12:49 am

James wrote:I'm glad I have a PC. Really excited for Titanfall.

Yeah, and you recently upgraded too, didn't you?
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psychotic » Tue Jun 11, 13 1:04 am

clyzm wrote:

I wouldn't call EA anti-consumerist, their goal is basically to get as many consumers as possible, more like... corporatist

Either way they have a lot of things I disagree with. Again, my point was merely that people continuously look at things from face-value. I find that fairly foolish given EA's reputation.

Titanfall is one of the more interesting ones out of E3 that I didn't know about, based on what we've been told alone.
Last edited by Psychotic on Tue Jun 11, 13 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 11, 13 1:17 am

I missed the EA conference :(

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Aidan » Tue Jun 11, 13 2:53 am

It's only the beginning, and Sony's is already the best hands down.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 11, 13 2:59 am

Like the design

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Aidan » Tue Jun 11, 13 3:04 am

ynnaD wrote:Like the design

Lol, it's a rhombus. I love it. I also love how Sony (although having great visual quality) does not emphasis it. They talk about gameplay, and bringing more indie devs to the console scene creating new light in games.

EDIT: OHH JAKE JAKE. DEVS OF BASTION MAKING A NEW GAME

HOLY FLYING FUCKS FF VERSUS 13 LOOKS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Aidan on Tue Jun 11, 13 3:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 11, 13 3:23 am

Kingdom Hearts 3

Sony's conference has easily won this years E3

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Psychotic » Tue Jun 11, 13 4:07 am

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't actually like the PS4's design. Still looks better than the Xbox One but I actually prefer the Wii U if we're going to compare, not because of the design but because it's not bulky as fuck.

Aside from the weight I could literally stick a Wii U (including the GamePad) in my jacket pocket.

They do what they're designed but they're effectively glorified boxes. All of them. After setting them up I'm never going to look at them again and this is largely because they're so unsightly. I'd rather something smaller in this case.
Last edited by Psychotic on Tue Jun 11, 13 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 11, 13 4:17 am

Sony blew Microsoft out of the water

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Psychotic » Tue Jun 11, 13 4:20 am

ynnaD wrote:Sony blew Microsoft out of the water

I totally agree with this.

Microsoft is still flailing about trying to get its answers straight.
Psychotic
Master

Postby ynnaD » Tue Jun 11, 13 4:28 am

ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby synthetic » Tue Jun 11, 13 4:46 am

James wrote:I'm glad I have a PC. Really excited for Titanfall.

TBH seems like what I would've expected from DXMP, esp the mech ideas there.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Aidan » Tue Jun 11, 13 5:17 am

Sony Wins. That was a very entertaining conference.

http://www.xboxdone.com

I Lol'd

CONFERENCE IN FULL:

[youtube]DmoZAPDV3ew[/youtube]
Last edited by Aidan on Tue Jun 11, 13 7:04 am, edited 7 times in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Tue Jun 11, 13 8:00 am

oh fuck off sony with a fucking online pay wall
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Next

Return to Gaming and Technology