Madonna covered Pantera's A New Level

Films, television and music and everything to do with culture.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Madonna covered Pantera's A New Level

Postby James » Sat May 17, 08 10:51 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkdaBCUVXDU

As a few of you might know, and people who must know Madonna is performing her song "Hung Up" on this video but, after 6:20 has elapsed, you may be wondering... "Is she covering Pantera's A New Level" Yes!, yes she is!

I have no problem with this, infact I love it!

Metal elitist faggots do have a problem...

guhoro
why doesn't she sing nothing and fuck off back to America, the crap bitch.

caulkerz
she tries way too hard to be cool!

Snuka632
Why is she playing PANTERA?!!> And why are the idiots int eh crowd acting like they love it?? They clearly would not like listening to it when Pantera was playing that riff 15 years ago! F'ers

Adackione
"Dime would be so proud"??? Are you crazy??

Pimpelhuber
What sucks more for a Heavy Metal-guitarist? Getting shot while playing on stage or having Madonna cover one of your songs? I would pick the latter.

biggord
She has no fucking right to play any kind of Pantera riff, ever. Dimebag must be rolling in his grave. Fuck her.

A fucking disgrace.

G

It goes, on, and on, and on, and on. But thankfully:

davescookies108
The thing that amazes me most about any of these videos that have anything to do with Pantera is that they allow imprisoned white supremacists to use the internet in their cells.

In all seriousness, I didn't know the dial-up in the trailer park was fast enough to even watch videos.

This guy is awesome.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Zantinzuken » Sat May 17, 08 11:29 pm

I would have thought it an honour for someone so well known in the business to cover one of your songs. I understand that she's involved in a more pop style music career, that could annoy people. Still she's trying something new and could be introducing others to that genre of music?

Fair play to her for having a pair. I wonder if Pantera had a cover of one of her songs and made it metal would they have reacted the same? :tut:

(I say that not knowing Pantera's discography - they could have covered a song by her lol)
Last edited by Zantinzuken on Sat May 17, 08 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby James » Sat May 17, 08 11:35 pm

I find it funny it's alright for a bad band to cover a bad pop star (Children of Bodom and Britney Spears) while it's not okay in some people's eyes for Madonna, the queen of pop to cover a song by Pantera, one of the kings of metal.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Destroyerzero » Sun May 18, 08 1:29 am

I like it when people cover a song, but only when the cover does it justice. It doesn't matter who covers what, as long as the cover is "good enough."

The opening to "A New Level" covered by her, is something that can be covered by a 1 year guitar player. I like Madonna...she has some innovation in her style and its nice she keeps redefining herself.

What happens is the opposite.....

She plays the opening to the song....ALL her fans say "She plays it better than the band" and it "rocks" then all the pantera fans (considering its a dead band now) in the meantime have to deal with it :(...while in the meantime the actual song itself gets ruined.

Im not in defense for Pantera or Madonna. I am in defense to the original song....I still remember that one Rap/Metal band that stole metallica's "SAD BUT TRUE" and replaced the lyrics.
Destroyerzero

Return to Entertainment