Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero World Tour.

Films, television and music and everything to do with culture.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Zero Punctuation: Guitar Hero World Tour.

Postby Tantalus » Wed Nov 26, 08 6:15 pm

Another entertaining satirical crushing of a game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... World-Tour

Wait after the credits....and have a trenchcoat handy.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Wed Nov 26, 08 9:47 pm

Levels... ugly...?

Everyone... looks... the... same...?

WHAT A COCK
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Nov 26, 08 10:54 pm

levels are ugly

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby MrBlackDX » Thu Nov 27, 08 5:34 pm

Here's a rant YAY

These are the issues I find with Yahtzee;

1) Like all bad critics, he finds that general negativity in his reviews is an easy way for entertaining/publicity. Negativity is entertaining, but also sadly dramatic and annoying

2) He complains about the games he reviews, however there is little denying that some he does just simply enjoy to play, take Guitar Hero World Tour, he loved GH2, and so inevitably he will enjoy this, however he had to be negative about it to make it entertaining, and so he picked some minor flaws.

3) He has some "apparent" racism, I say apparent because a number of comments have been a bit ambiguous. One video, he says quite bluntly "also, Hitler was right!". Now I know this is the internetz, but you are asking for people to be like "WTF!?!" if you make a statement like that. And with this video, he complains about the European dialect songs, but seriously, what's wrong with them? Take GH3, I loved Hier Kommt Alex (German) and Avalancha (Spanish), and my missus adores Superbus - Radio song (French), I even went as far to singing along to the chorus's, especially since German is a funny language to mimick. That, and this game does go out to more than just UK/USA/Australia, Japan for starters and of course the PAL region loves it, so I wish he wouldn't be so ignorant.

At the end of the day, I watch his videos, they ARE entertaining, but they also make me grit my teeth and want to circumcise him, and plain taking the piss out of Deus Ex for no apparent reason other than negative entertainment is just a good excuse to hate him even more so
Last edited by MrBlackDX on Thu Nov 27, 08 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBlackDX
Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Tantalus » Sat Nov 29, 08 2:59 pm

I think he made the statement "Also, Hitler was right" to add even more controversy to his retro rant. He was subtly implying people will see him as a sort of dictator....

English Literature can certainly make one bullshit more.

Furthermore I only posted this because of the Deus Ex spoof. Don't take his criticisms about it to heart; he actually loves the game. But come on, Deus Ex doesn't really take advantage of the colour pallete.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby clyzm » Sun Nov 30, 08 12:08 am

I thought the same thing, I was laughing along with it.

It was sort of tongue-in-cheek, he really does love the game indeed.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Spiderbot01 » Sun Nov 30, 08 1:04 pm

I dont really watch his videos for the reviews, I just watch them because he's funny.

Though everything he says about force unleashed is so so true.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Nov 30, 08 1:29 pm

MrBlack wrote:At the end of the day, I watch his videos, they ARE entertaining, but they also make me grit my teeth and want to circumcise him, and plain taking the piss out of Deus Ex for no apparent reason other than negative entertainment is just a good excuse to hate him even more so

My view on the matter is you either like Yahtzee, or you hate him. I like him because I'm fairly cynical myself.

And yeah, he made fun of Deus Ex for no reason but so what? It's a joke, that's all it's meant to be. Yes, he uses negativity for entertainment but you also have to think that if it sells, he gets money, if he gets money he lives. It's a fair trade-off IMO.

That and anyone who really found offence to any of his videos, just don't watch them. If you don't like the whole Deus Ex rip-off, just don't watch it ever again. It's not that hard, it's not like some invisible force is shoving our faces into our computer monitors forcing us to watch the stuff we think is crap.
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Return to Entertainment