82nd Oscar Nominations

Films, television and music and everything to do with culture.

Moderator: Forum Guards

82nd Oscar Nominations

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Tue Feb 02, 10 10:35 pm

Looking forward to the event, been watching it for a couple years now..
In this topic I'd like to ask your opinions, what movie you think should get the award for best picture of the year in 2010.
Here are the nominees;

The Blind Side
District 9
An Education
The Hurt Locker
Inglourious Basterds
Precious: Based on the Novel 'Push' by Sapphire
A Serious Man
Up
Up in the Air

I have seen 7 of these movies, 3 are left to see of which I've already downloaded 2.. So here's my opinion.

Very spectacular film, definitely a milestone in history of filmmaking. Avatar met my expectations, didn't really exceed them like TDK did back then.. I've seen this movie 3 times in theatres so far and even though I liked it a lot, I'm not sure if it deserves Best Motionpicture of the Year award, perhaps it's because it has become a tradition for dramas to win this one for a while.

The Blind Side
I was amazed that I could see Sandra Bullock in a great movie again (after Lake House which wasn't as good as this but I really enjoyed it). This one was fun to see and it put a couple smiles on my face while watching :]

District 9
Awesome movie, I'm planning to see it again tonight as I don't seem to be able to decide if it's a better movie than Avatar. Very good ideas, realistic plot.

The Hurt Locker
Good one, but not as good as it's said to be.. perhaps I wasn't in the mood, I'm not sure. Not best film of the year.

Inglorious Basterds
I'm a fan of Quentin Tarantino and I've seen all movies he ever directed. Even though I think Pulp Fiction was better, I think this movie should deserve Oscars, perhaps not best picture of the year, but it received other nominations. Christoph Waltz was amazing. His performance was as good as Heath Ledger's in TDK.

Up
This was the first stereoscopic 3D film I have ever seen, and still it wasn't the technology that impressed me the most. I believe that if this movie had lasted only for 30 minutes, it could've been a winner. Up is a beautiful masterpiece, finally a Pixar production makes it further than a nomination for best animated feature.

Up in the Air
Good movie but my friends who I watched it with didn't like it too much from and we ended up talking throught the whole movie :[ I'm sure it's great but I guess the hype was somewhat ruined and I can't be damned to see it again.

So as you might've figured out, I haven't seen Precious, A Serious Man and An Education. If however someone else has, please tell me about them. There are other films that I'm planning to see before the ceremony such as Nine, Crazy Heart, The Messenger, The Lovely Bones and some others.. anyway, please go ahead with the comments.
Last edited by ~SaSQuAtCH~ on Tue Feb 02, 10 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby James » Wed Feb 03, 10 12:18 am

Avatar is 3d Furry Titanic with Army instead of Icebergs shut up about it. The only good part was the last 20 minutes.

Up for best movie. Always bet on Up. Too bad Avatar is going to beat it.
Last edited by James on Wed Feb 03, 10 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Spiderbot01 » Wed Feb 03, 10 1:05 am

<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Wed Feb 03, 10 3:30 am

Brad Pitt's accent annoyed the shit out of me, but somehow it worked well in the bigger picture. only movie ive seen, from that list.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 03, 10 6:05 am

~SaSQuAtCH~ wrote:Christoph Waltz was amazing. His performance was as good as Heath Ledger's in TDK.

QFT
Dae
Alpha

Return to Entertainment