IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLL

Films, television and music and everything to do with culture.

Moderator: Forum Guards

IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLLLL

Postby Spiderbot01 » Thu Sep 23, 10 9:55 pm

What the rock is cooking.

Used to be a massive fan of WWF/WWE. The days of the undertaker, the big red machine, the rock, stole cold, even up to the return of hulk hogan and a bit of john cena. Definitely gone down hill in my opinion, but I suppose thats just because I don't really know all the characters.

Did anyone else here used to/still enjoy it? I know people are like 'oh its not real, blah' but to me it didn't really matter, at the end of the day its 'sports entertainment and it was entertaining, good to watch and absolutely hilarious in parts, i mean the rock and austin were incredible.

Started watching TNA before I went to uni, its interesting seeing all the B list stars from WWE back in the day being big stars on it. They seem to work harder and some of it was quality, much prefer it to current WWE. Even saw it live, was like 6 rows from the front, was awesome.
<center>------</center><center>
Image</center>
<center>Image</center><
Spiderbot01
Alpha

Postby James » Thu Sep 23, 10 9:59 pm

I never got into WWF because I was a poor and didn't have access to see any of the pay to view events, looking back I was so glad because it was utter wank even as nostalgia. I did own Raw and Smackdown on PS1 because I wanted to be a cool kid.

Undertaker has came back from the dead 21 times, why do people like this shit?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby ynnaD » Thu Sep 23, 10 11:50 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_War_Zone , a fair portion of my childhood

nuff said
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby clyzm » Fri Sep 24, 10 4:37 am

KURT ANGLE
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Zantinzuken » Fri Sep 24, 10 1:21 pm

Loved it as a kid, now it's gone fairly down hill with the need to PG everything. Basically no more hardcore action. Also the superstars of the past set the bar for charisma and entertainment, I don't think its really be tipped since. Also Lynda McMahon is running to be a senator now, too much politics involved...
Zantinzuken
NINNY BOYYYYY

Postby Mastakilla » Fri Oct 01, 10 2:51 pm

Liked it as a kid, not anymore. It's too fake now, just watch it for a laugh basically.

Still like the smackdown games though :D
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Bob » Wed Oct 06, 10 11:54 am

Used to love it but it has died a death with McMahon buying out everything and Linda running for senate its all went pg. I still watch WrestleMania every year as it coincides with a mates' birthday, we all go to his bit for a booze and banter.

I bought Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 about 2 months ago and downloaded 50 old legends from the good old days, RVD, Ricky Steamboat, Taka, Mick Foley, Hawk & Animal, the Dudleys and just have good fun.

The current crop of "superstars" are pretty pish and they have nothing on the old guard with the exception of a few, namely Kofi Kingston.
Bob
Forum God

Postby [FGS]Fear » Sat Oct 30, 10 1:26 am

WWF had two awesome eras

1994-1997 (the likes of deisel, razor ramon, the undertaker, bret hart, shawn michaels, macho man, "stunning" steve austin, hunter hearst helmsley, dink and doink etc.)
1998-2001 "the attitude era" (the likes of "stone cold" steve austin, hhh, the rock, mankind, the undertaker, kane, d generation x etc.)

Also font forget WCW, which was absolutely awesome and better than WWF at one stage, watched that from 1995 to when it died. (NWO black & white, NWO wolfpac, Sting, Ric Flair, Hollywood Hogan, Lex Luger etc.)

WWF is awful now, TNA is quite decent, love seeing some of the old dogs still at it!!
Last edited by [FGS]Fear on Sat Oct 30, 10 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
[FGS]Fear
Poster

Postby Survive. » Sun Dec 12, 10 2:59 pm

I never was a big fan of WWE but loved TNA even without the big WWE stars coming into it. E.g. abyss, sting etc. Don't watch it anymore but if it was on while flicking through the channels I'd most likely keep it on :P
Survive.
Master

Return to Entertainment