M4A files

Films, television and music and everything to do with culture.

Moderator: Forum Guards

M4A files

Postby Krieg » Thu Jan 11, 07 4:49 pm

What the heck , I downloaded the third album which contains m4a files.It looks like windows media player doesn't support this and so I can't listen to it with windows mediaplayer.Any other players which do support m4a files ??

I hope this isn't going to be a new hype , m4a files <.<
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Jan 11, 07 10:10 pm

MPEG-4 Part 14, formally, ISO/IEC 14496-14:2003, is a multimedia container format standard specified as a part of MPEG-4. It is most commonly used to store digital audio and digital video streams, especially those defined by MPEG, but also can be used to store other data such as subtitles and still images. Like most modern container formats, MPEG-4 Part 14 allows streaming over the Internet. The official filename extension for MPEG-4 Part 14 files is .mp4, thus the container format is often referred to simply as MP4. Devices that play .mp4 files are referred to as MP4 players.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... tnG=Search

First result.
I'm a lover, that's why I do this posting.
I don't need the forum,
I do it to save you ignorant bastards from your self.
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby MainMan » Thu Jan 11, 07 10:18 pm

Just open it with Quicktime player, ignore Darknight. If you don't already have it, I recommend it, it provides good compression for video and audio.

Link is here.

Just one thing though, download just Quicktime, not Quicktime + iTunes package, as iTunes is phailage.

If you want, I can give you t3h s3rial to upgrade Quicktime Standard to Pro.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan
<i>Tru' Playa' Fer Defs</i>

Postby Krieg » Thu Jan 11, 07 10:33 pm

Ah cheers , many thanks.I already was beginning to think who the fuck uploads an album that can't be listened <_< lol
DK link was sufficient :)
-Elitist-
Krieg
Forum Super Hero

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Jan 11, 07 10:41 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:Just open it with Quicktime player, ignore Darknight. If you don't already have it, I recommend it, it provides good compression for video and audio.

Link is here.

Just one thing though, download just Quicktime, not Quicktime + iTunes package, as iTunes is phailage.

Codecs are better, let's you play them with your selected player, instead of some crap player... I didn't honestly think any one used Quicktime for anything other then watching .mov's... lol.
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby MainMan » Thu Jan 11, 07 11:01 pm

DarkKnight wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:Just open it with Quicktime player, ignore Darknight. If you don't already have it, I recommend it, it provides good compression for video and audio.

Link is here.

Codecs are better, let's you play them with your selected player, instead of some crap player... I didn't honestly think any one used Quicktime for anything other then watching .mov's... lol.

Yes, but the compression in .movs is so good, so it's worth it.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Jan 11, 07 11:05 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
DarkKnight wrote:

Link is here.

The compression isn't _that_ great...
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Postby MainMan » Thu Jan 11, 07 11:11 pm

DarkKnight wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:
DarkKnight wrote:

Link is here.

Get Sorenson Squeeze and you'll see how good it can be, if you configure it properly.
<center>ty m7
</center>
MainMan

Postby DarkKnight » Thu Jan 11, 07 11:15 pm

~MainMan~ wrote:
DarkKnight wrote:
~MainMan~ wrote:
DarkKnight wrote:

Link is here.

Get Sorenson Squeeze and you'll see how good it can be, if you configure it properly.

'if you configure it properly' can imply a lot of different things when you're working with compression...
I don't need the forum,
DarkKnight
Forum Super Hero

Return to Entertainment