New master server not working

Technical issues discussion about your computer and Deus Ex games.

Moderator: Forum Guards

New master server not working

Postby InsaneHacker » Sat Sep 27, 14 6:00 pm

Hi everyone, I just changed my DeusEx.ini to the new masterserver. Yet when I open the multiplayer menu no servers show up. I've doublechecked a couple of times if it's correct and I'm pretty sure it is. I'm also using the Deus Exe launcher if that changes anything. I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance!
InsaneHacker

Re: New master server not working

Postby Nightcaper » Sun Sep 28, 14 7:28 am

Hey, InsaneHacker. Don't worry, I doubt you did something wrong; I got on Deus Ex today, and no servers showed up except for ones I had already visited. Something is up with the Master server right now, just hold tight. Out of curiousity, do you come from Steam? I've been looking to organize and meet people on that front interested in DXMP. I'd post you a link to my Steam profile, but I need at least 10 posts before I can do that. If you're interested in getting in contact with me at any point, feel free to PM me here on the forum, I can hopefully send you my Steam link there. :D
Nightcaper

Postby Bear » Sun Sep 28, 14 10:27 am

I can currently only view 4 servers, altfire, my own, Phantoms/Fullmoons and ZXCs.

Looks like the web lister isn't working either http://www.deusexnetwork.com/serverlist
Bear
Addict

Postby Alex » Sun Sep 28, 14 5:32 pm

Hi all, yeah something is up with the masterserver.

The primary masterserver went into maintenance last night, after which a secondary server kicked in.
Deus Ex servers and clients automatically connected to the secondary server, but unfortunately it didn't go flawless.

Here's why:
When a Deus Ex server is started, it checks the masterservers present in the masterserver list and gets the IP associated with each hostname. It then starts sending "I'm alive!" beacons to the IPs it previously retrieved.
Unfortunately, when the IP behind a hostname changes (which is what happened last night), the servers still keep sending beacons to the old IP. Servers that use a timelimit change the map after X minutes (depending on your configuration) and then automatically get the new IP, but servers with a fraglimit keep using the old IP until the server is restarted or the map is changed (a simple servertravel is enough).

To prevent this in the future you can add several masterservers to your DeusEx.ini, so you already connect to the other secondary masterservers.
The hostnames of these are:
Code: Select all
master.333networks.com
master.noccer.de
ny.master.deusexnetwork.com
ca.master.deusexnetwork.com
fr.master.deusexnetwork.com

The port is the default 27900 on all of these,
Alex
Alpha

Postby InsaneHacker » Sun Sep 28, 14 7:09 pm

Thanks, I've added them to the list and my DeusEx.ini's master server list looks like this now:
[DeusEx.DeusExGameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=4
UseSound=True
ServerActors=IpDrv.UdpBeacon
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerQuery
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.fragaholic.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.333networks.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.noccer.de MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=ny.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=ca.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=fr.master.deusexnetwork.com MasterServerPort=27900

I'm loading the game now to see if it works.
InsaneHacker

Postby InsaneHacker » Sun Sep 28, 14 7:27 pm

Damnit, it still won't work. I've tried moving the gamespy server to the bottom of the list to see if that does anything. I've also made sure that Deus Ex GOTY and "deusex" have full firewall access and It still doesn't show any servers. :/
InsaneHacker

Postby Nightcaper » Wed Oct 01, 14 6:22 am

InsaneHacker wrote:Damnit, it still won't work. I've tried moving the gamespy server to the bottom of the list to see if that does anything. I've also made sure that Deus Ex GOTY and "deusex" have full firewall access and It still doesn't show any servers. :/

Try this:

[DeusEx.MenuScreenJoinGame]
MasterServerAddress=master.deusexnetwork.com

Dunno if MenuScreenJoinGame takes multiple MasterServerAddress specifiers, you'll have to do that part manually if you want to find out. After taking care of that part in your .ini, saving and then loading the game, servers should show up for you. :)
Nightcaper

Return to Technical issues