[QUESTION/REQUEST] special gas mod

The forum for discussions that don't fall into any of release topics below.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[QUESTION/REQUEST] special gas mod

Postby valgothy » Sat Feb 23, 08 7:16 pm

Hey, i'm Valgothy (some may know me) and I was wondering if it would be able to have a special mod that allows gas but only on the maps you choose? Why? Cause I started a poll on [RTK] forums stating the question: gas removed on smaller maps (like smuggler) cause it's just really annoying a lot of ppl.
Gas is good for strategic purposes on bigger maps like CMD or A51, but it has no strategic purpose what so ever on small maps like smuggler. Let me explain. In smuggler it is most likely you gas the main room. When you do this there are two possible outcomes:
1) you force the enemy to wait in the main room resulting in a boring game in which nothing happens or
2) you force them to go around, resulting in the same situation you had before but on the other end of the corridor (pretty pointless).
So what am I asking for? A special mod that allows the removal on certain maps on your server, but with the possibility of adding them again, for let's say clanwars.
Don't know if it's possible, but if [A] can't do it, nobody can.
Therefore...

ty for reading
valgothy

Postby Kaiden » Sat Feb 23, 08 10:05 pm

Sorry dunno if it's possible or if it would be used even if it was xD. I was reading your points on RTK and they seem just, but as said and I agree:

the only people who want to remove gas are the people who suck against it. It would be like me saying "LET'S TAKE OFF SNIPER RFLE LOLOLOLO"

it's a strategy, some can use it.

This topic is now a debate of is gas grenade good or not, should it be removed.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Siva » Sat Feb 23, 08 10:56 pm

Mufuggin gas
//..
Siva
doesn't care about augmented people

Postby Artin » Sun Feb 24, 08 1:30 am

~[A]Kaiden~ wrote:Sorry dunno if it's possible or if it would be used even if it was xD. I was reading your points on RTK and they seem just, but as said and I agree:

the only people who want to remove gas are the people who suck against it. It would be like me saying "LET'S TAKE OFF SNIPER RFLE LOLOLOLO"

it's a strategy, some can use it.

This topic is now a debate of is gas grenade good or not, should it be removed.

That was my from me xD

I'm flattered <3
Last edited by Artin on Sun Feb 24, 08 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artin
Poster

Postby valgothy » Sun Feb 24, 08 6:36 pm

lol cheese, i'll have a one on one with you anytime, i don't suck at gas it's just really annoying a lot of ppl. and gas allows gas bugs and that is an instant kill. and don't say it isn't happening on the RTK server, 'cause it has last week.
and how can you compare a riffle with a gas grenade? that's impossible and stupid (no offence though), those are two different things, you don't annoy ppl with a sniper...
valgothy

Postby Baleout » Sun Feb 24, 08 6:43 pm

Yes you do...

And you can't gas bug on MTL servers.
Baleout
Master

Postby ~SaSQuAtCH~ » Sun Feb 24, 08 7:07 pm

Baleout wrote:Yes you do...

e.g. killing people
~SaSQuAtCH~
Master

Postby Artin » Sun Feb 24, 08 7:21 pm

valgothy wrote:and how can you compare a riffle with a gas grenade? that's impossible and stupid (no offence though), those are two different things, you don't annoy ppl with a sniper...

I shoot your legs <3
Artin
Poster

Postby Dae » Sun Feb 24, 08 7:23 pm

valgothy
valgothy wrote:1) you force the enemy to wait in the main room resulting in a boring game in which nothing happens or
2) you force them to go around, resulting in the same situation you had before but on the other end of the corridor (pretty pointless).

you forgot something...
Dae
Alpha

Postby Baleout » Sun Feb 24, 08 7:25 pm

3) You manage to gas the entire other team who are around the corner, then run through and kill them while they are trying to escape.

?
Baleout
Master

Postby Alex » Sun Feb 24, 08 7:50 pm

Dae[A] wrote:valgothy
valgothy wrote:1) you force the enemy to wait in the main room resulting in a boring game in which nothing happens or

you forgot something...

You kill the enemy using the gasgrenade.
You throw the gasgrenade in, making them blind and because they are morons they can't aim while being poisoned and you run in, as you can aim while being poisoned.
Alex
Alpha

Postby synthetic » Sun Feb 24, 08 8:24 pm

lol valgothy you chose the forums of the gastroopers to post this thread XD

they spam the map with gas and then charge through!

one gets used to this tactic eventually, though ;)

valgothy has a point, and since gas is so annoying it simply means the attention will shift from the corners and headshots to gas camping. much like youd always secure the turret if there was one in 0augs. another matter is if we want it.. perhaps we do..

if one team holds the part of the map long enough imagine all the gas you can find from walls :D
Last edited by synthetic on Sun Feb 24, 08 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby {17}agentsmith » Sun Feb 24, 08 9:15 pm

i agree, this mod would be useful
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Kaiden » Sun Feb 24, 08 10:14 pm

[ren] wrote:lol valgothy you chose the forums of the gastroopers to post this thread XD

they spam the map with gas and then charge through!

one gets used to this tactic eventually, though ;)

valgothy has a point, and since gas is so annoying it simply means the attention will shift from the corners and headshots to gas camping. much like youd always secure the turret if there was one in 0augs. another matter is if we want it.. perhaps we do..

if one team holds the part of the map long enough imagine all the gas you can find from walls :D

Actually he was just asking for a gas mod, I opened this up for discussing.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby valgothy » Mon Feb 25, 08 1:07 pm

i still hold my point and i would love to have that mod, but to bad jima doesn't hold his promise...
he told me he would consider removing the gas on certain maps if i could find a mod, but the topic has been locked... so wtf?
valgothy

Postby Kaiden » Mon Feb 25, 08 1:52 pm

Yeah he just saying that I'm sure.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Artin » Tue Feb 26, 08 2:12 am

Lol Karkian locked the topic, not Jima. Karkian locked cuz there was a bit of heat on him for how much of a hypocrite he was xD
Last edited by Artin on Tue Feb 26, 08 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Artin
Poster

Postby valgothy » Fri Feb 29, 08 3:39 pm

again, if you read closely you will see i didn't say jima locked the topic just said it was locked (in general) but still how 'bout this mod?
valgothy

Postby Kaiden » Fri Feb 29, 08 7:02 pm

Sorry dunno if it's possible or if it would be used even if it was xD.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby SnakeEater » Sun Mar 02, 08 7:58 pm

or it just proves you fart alot yourself :lol: idk.
The eye sore has been removed!

I really do think Deus Ex is the all-time best game ever made.
SnakeEater
Poster

Return to Comments, questions, requests