Welcome back!

If you have problems with logging in please use the password recovery procedure.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Welcome back!

Postby Alex » Wed Jun 04, 08 4:50 pm

Hi all.

Welcome back to the Alpha forums.

As you all might've known, Alpha is no longer a Deus Ex clan.
Alpha will remain as a forum board, and as a group of friends.

We will be posting some more information about the above ^ later.

As for our downtime.
We apologize for the long-term downtime.

We didn't anticipate on an event such as this, and the cause for the downtime was most likely a combination of software and hardware failure after a sudden increase of network traffic (possibly a DDoS attack, possibly not).

Once again, our apologies. We are currently reviewing numerous hosts that will download all of our websites daily, if not hourly, so we will always have a backup server, to prevent a (long) downtime such as this.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Wed Jun 04, 08 5:29 pm

Question: When did DejaVu stop attacking the site and why?
Blood is thicker than water and sweeter than candy.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Alex » Wed Jun 04, 08 5:31 pm

~Psychotic~ wrote:Question: When did DejaVu stop attacking the site and why?

DejaVu denied that he attacked the website, so it's best not to accuse anyone at the moment.

It is possible that in general the attack didn't last long and was merely a warning, but because of it a failure of numerous things (as stated above) occured.
Alex
Alpha

Postby Tonnochi » Wed Jun 04, 08 7:07 pm

Thank you.
Tonnochi
Forum Hero

Postby {17}agentsmith » Wed Jun 04, 08 7:40 pm

well he admited it to a friend of mine, but said that the attack was only carried out for a maximum of 30 minutes and the rest was problems with getting it running again :?
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Jun 04, 08 9:34 pm

Ok... so alex and dae... what games you play now? =o
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Cyrus » Wed Jun 04, 08 10:03 pm

*hugs* :D

THANKS KEITH
Cyrus
Commander of IRELAND

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Jun 04, 08 11:39 pm

They play wuut
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Ian » Thu Jun 05, 08 6:15 am

it was not dejavu that attacked this site but he did leave up those fucking servers though with a lil surprise inside, thank you asshole.
Ian
Poster

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Jun 05, 08 6:36 am

Alex wrote:

DejaVu denied that he attacked the website, so it's best not to accuse anyone at the moment.

It is possible that in general the attack didn't last long and was merely a warning, but because of it a failure of numerous things (as stated above) occured.

That's true, but tell me, why did everyone go psycho at DejaVu then, for something they cannot prove he had apart of? I don't like DejaVu, never have, never will, because I know what he is capable of and I know he'll use such power to get whatever the fuck he wants. He's tried fucking Deus Ex over before, why the hell would I trust a guy who can DDoS me?

And what about this topic, Alex? http://dxalphai.6e.nl/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9 That doesn't help him any further, does it?
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Psycho » Thu Jun 05, 08 7:41 am

It is best no to accuse anyone of anything, or something like this can happen again.
Psycho
Forum Hero

Postby James » Thu Jun 05, 08 10:29 am

It's best to accuse him of it because he knows it's completely him. Anyone denying it is absolutely stupid.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Mr. Tastix » Thu Jun 05, 08 12:39 pm

Yeah, but it's wrong to make assumptions that you can't backup. As the saying goes "Don't make assumptions, as it makes an ass out of you and me." Not that anybody cares about that quote anyway.

I don't have any doubts that it was DejaVu. I cannot be 100% sure it was him, no, but all signs point to him. There is a handful of motives that he would choose as his reason for attacking [A]. Why he attacks Deus Ex so much is beyond me however. I honestly believe he doesn't like the game and just likes to be an ass.

Regardless, he's caused problems in the past and why he isn't banned on [A] Forums, to me, is really confusing and stupid. He hacked a damn masterserver for fuck sake, what the hell excuse do you have to back that up with? Fuck that, the fact that some of you still trust him after that is goddamn crazy!
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby James » Thu Jun 05, 08 12:41 pm

I can back it up, why do it so suddenly after suspecting him behind the servers. How are we supposed to believe it was a spontaneous attack.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Kaiden » Thu Jun 05, 08 1:43 pm

Banning him would do nothing lol, he'd just register another account or so. And it's not like he's posting.
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby {17}agentsmith » Thu Jun 05, 08 8:09 pm

read my post, he admitted it to a friend of mine that it was him
maxtor01 wrote:Yea virtual memory! the head seeks STRONG left and right and THE command makes you have to reboot when your eatmemmed. so u may have to repair windows if it screws up install and i didnt say he could shut it down (my uncle is arrogent). and i BACK up like no tomorrow!
{17}agentsmith
Poster

Postby Tantalus » Sat Jun 07, 08 5:02 pm

That's excellent news. The community is getting damned competitive.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat Jun 07, 08 5:08 pm

Most gaming communities are, it's not uncommon. Why would it be any different with Deus Ex, regardless of it's age? [A] was the leading clan and people just liked it more than the rest, more people wanted to join it, so what? If you can't handle a little damn competition then you probably shouldn't be running a clan.

I do hate how people accused [A] of trying to run Deus Ex. They don't run Deus Ex with an iron first, they never took power by force by way of hacking or bribing. They done it by being popular. Sure, there may have been a lot more popular clans around before [A], but I don't see them around now, do you?

I don't like the idea of [A] leaving as a clan because it means the pricks who tried to run the clan down to the ground have won. No, seriously, they have. And I really don't think [A] will come back anytime soon. Regardless, when the leaders don't even play the game I just find it pointless to carry on as the leaders of a clan should be there to motivate and encourage it's clan members, but doing that whilst not playing makes it harder.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Tantalus » Sat Jun 07, 08 5:14 pm

Were [A] in direct competition anyway? You have contradicted.

"The pricks have won". "Most gaming communities have them, it's not uncommon. Why would it be any different with Deus Ex, regardless of it's age?"
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sat Jun 07, 08 5:25 pm

I mean the bastards who ran [A] down have won in the sence that they wanted [A] to leave or die out, and so it has. Not as in they've won against all other clans. Only one clan has left, not all of 'em. Regardless of how shit the other clans may be or how much they may own, for that matter.

The only way the competition will ever cease to exist in a multiplayer game is if all clans merged as one or all died out but one. And because that'll never happen and because I also class clans as communities and fansites also go into that category (even if they're not a clan a lot of fansites host events on whatever game they're fans of) that's A TON of sites/clans that'd have to be shutdown.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby Tantalus » Sat Jun 07, 08 5:40 pm

I wouldn't say [A] had clan oppositions.
Signatures are dumb.

Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Mr. Tastix » Sun Jun 08, 08 5:18 am

Well in a sence, every other clan is your opposition. They may not be your rivals or your enemies but you, as a clan, oppose them even if you don't go to war with them. You want to be better than them, I'm not quite sure [A] wanted that though as if their main reason was to entice people to join and play the game and be a socially friendly group then I suppose it worked... to an extent (not everyone likes such views, as we know).

But every clan has an opposition. And opposition doesn't have to be a clan it could be an individual. FGS I would say would be one such opposition, though ShadowRunner seemed to just really hate Alex with a passion. DejaVu as we know, also didn't much like [A] but then, I don't very much like DejaVu either.
Mr. Tastix
Forum Legend

Postby clyzm » Wed Jun 11, 08 11:13 am

Wait.... Alpha's not a clan anymore?
That sucks, eh.

Surprised it kept up this long, there was many-a-time I thought the clan would quit before.
Last edited by clyzm on Wed Jun 11, 08 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Return to Site and forum questions