Bronies

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby Kaiden » Tue Jan 22, 13 3:03 pm

BroNYcon

I don't want to imagine this :(
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Postby Cyberpony » Tue Jan 22, 13 5:20 pm

Kaiden wrote:BroNYcon

Well then go see what it's like :wink:
There are some vids on YouTube.
A happy bunch :P
Last edited by Cyberpony on Tue Jan 22, 13 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyberpony

Postby clyzm » Tue Jan 22, 13 5:22 pm

Fuck MLP

Buncha horse humpers

clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Cyberpony » Tue Jan 22, 13 9:28 pm

To hear that from the same guy who started this thread and wanted to understand our fandom in the first place...

clyzm wrote:I don't understand it one bit. Where did this "cultural" phenomenon come from? Why do people love that show, people that the show is obviously not intended for?

... is quite contradictory.

Either you are a troll who just likes to rant about this without conclusion for a laugh or it's just really hard for you to get to know us and accept the fact. Many of you people are BLOCKED from the real world of bronies and MLPFIM by basic, dry prejudices that make no sense and aren't based on any fact. The haters are supporting their own view with false pretenses.
Did you even consider reading my 2-part near-1000 word essay :lol: ? It isn't full of garbage if that's what you'll expect.

"Bronies React to Collegehumor's My Little Brony". They walk wisely here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4jUEZEz1pc
Last edited by Cyberpony on Tue Jan 22, 13 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyberpony

Postby Psychotic » Tue Jan 22, 13 9:30 pm

Most people who dislike "bronies" argue against them because the ones they've encountered have been self-centered, "holier than thou" types of people.

The stereotype is that bronies believe themselves superior to other people because they can admit to enjoying a television show made for kids. Regardless of what evolutions the show has been through, it is ultimately still marketed towards kids.

I don't have a problem with people watching My Little Pony for the same reason I don't have a problem with people watching Adventure Time: Both are marketed towards children, but that doesn't stop an older person from enjoying it.

What I take issue with is the people who think it's their birthright to advertise their love for a goddamn TV series. I take issue with people who think they're better than me because they enjoy the sound of a animated pony. I also take issue with the fact that the entire fanbase has a fucking label. It doesn't need one.

I don't go around advertising the fact I still enjoy shows like Spongebob. I don't scream to the world I enjoy Adventure Time. I watch them, I enjoy them, I talk with fellow friends who enjoy them, and then I shut the fuck up about them.

End of story.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby clyzm » Tue Jan 22, 13 9:47 pm

Y'all pony boys smh

clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Tantalus » Tue Jan 22, 13 10:59 pm

Magniir wrote:Most people who dislike "bronies" argue against them because the ones they've encountered have been self-centered, "holier than thou" types of people.

Cyberpony wrote:Horses or ponies and many other animals seem to us as peaceful creatures that don't need evil in their world. They don't demand much. They are pleased with what they have.
And their world in MLP, Equestria, is mostly a calm world where everypony and other creatures can live in harmony. But from time to time evils, chaos and other disharmonic stuff appear. And every time the good ones succeed in making it good again.
And this is exactly what we humans want, isn't it. We dream of an Earth where evil and inequality exists no more.

Magniir wrote:I don't go around advertising the fact I still enjoy shows like Spongebob. I don't scream to the world I enjoy Adventure Time. I watch them, I enjoy them, I talk with fellow friends who enjoy them, and then I shut the fuck up about them.

Ee'yup.

Every fucking forum I've been on, they always re-centre the talk to MLP, or place dumb references in the conversation. You're not eating cheese and wine and talking about Helter Skelter, okay? It's a fucking kid's show that has a wider scope than the original.
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Clancy Stein » Wed Jan 23, 13 3:58 am

Adventure Time definitely has themes older audiences can relate to with humor. Subtle drug inferences and quirky dialogue and what have you.

Same with Spongebob [of olde]
Last edited by Clancy Stein on Wed Jan 23, 13 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clancy Stein
Poster

Postby Psychotic » Thu Jan 24, 13 9:54 pm

Clancy Stein wrote:Adventure Time definitely has themes older audiences can relate to with humor. Subtle drug inferences and quirky dialogue and what have you.

Same with Spongebob [of olde]

It does. Which is exactly why I like them. The creator of Adventure Time even made a YouTube-hosted spin-off that is very much marketed at the older audience, like myself.

However, I don't think the same applies to My Little Pony. Either series (new or old) educate on certain morals but the points it teaches should already be known by people our age. If the show is teaching you something new then you clearly didn't listen in school or your parents didn't care enough.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Mastakilla » Thu Jan 24, 13 10:05 pm

I bet a large portion of the bronies don't even enjoy my little pony that much. They just want to be part of something.

Good for them.
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby James » Thu Jan 24, 13 10:16 pm

I really the dumb jokes and references in cartoons like Flapjack and Regular Show.

Mastakilla wrote:They just want to be part of something.

Good for them.

To be dependent on others?
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Clancy Stein » Thu Jan 24, 13 11:36 pm

Mutual interest is grounds for a mating of the masses. Taste and acceptence are borrowed during conformity.

Which brings us back to the thread's subtopic: why do people drink lite lager?
Clancy Stein
Poster

Postby James » Fri Jan 25, 13 1:36 pm

I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Jan 25, 13 6:04 pm

Is it me or is Brony culture getting more popular and mainstream lately?

It may spread to a point where we may not be able to contain it.
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Aidan » Sat Jan 26, 13 4:05 am

clyzm wrote:Is it me or is Brony culture getting more popular and mainstream lately?

It may spread to a point where we may not be able to contain it.

Why contain it? Let it spill over the schools and churches, let the Bronies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to save them.
Last edited by Aidan on Sat Jan 26, 13 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Sat Jan 26, 13 2:41 pm

Dex is now a pony. :(
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Dex » Sat Jan 26, 13 3:44 pm

Dex
Forum Hero

Postby ynnaD » Sat Jan 26, 13 7:09 pm

After meeting bronies in real life, they scare me
~þsÿçhø~ wrote:My laptops screen is broke, how can i fix it?

James wrote:THROW DARK SOULS AT IT
ynnaD
Forum Legend

Postby Allan » Sat Jan 26, 13 9:21 pm

ynnaD wrote:After meeting bronies in real life, they scare me

I used to date one.
*shudder*
Allan
Alpha

Postby Clancy Stein » Sun Jan 27, 13 12:34 am

Not as bad as dating someone who dresses up in drag. /nohatetho
Clancy Stein
Poster

Postby Cyberpony » Sun Jan 27, 13 1:38 pm

Bronies React to Collegehumor's My Little Brony
A video with us real bronies, not the rare stereotypes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4jUEZEz1pc

Honest, you don't know the fandom before you meet us. And that means the fandom in general, not just some guy who you thought was pretty disturbing.
And that doesn't have to be face to face, these videos with us being ourselves is quite enough.
No reason to speculate.. Don't think of the stereotypes! We are just a normal and understanding folk![/b] It is not "beyong your comprehension! :D
Last edited by Cyberpony on Sun Jan 27, 13 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cyberpony

Postby James » Sun Jan 27, 13 1:46 pm

I am already familiar with your fan-base, you're nothing more than a furry offshoot that's not yet properly recognised as a fetish group as it is related to a cartoon show for little female children.

You're nothing but a fad created by insecure 20-40 year olds.
Last edited by James on Sun Jan 27, 13 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Cyberpony » Sun Jan 27, 13 1:47 pm

James wrote:I am already familiar with your fan-base and you're nothing more than a furry offshoot that's not yet properly recognised as a fetish group as it is related to a cartoon show for little female children.

You think of us all as sex freaks.
Will you ever learn... :x
Cyberpony

Postby James » Sun Jan 27, 13 1:48 pm

I've dealt with furries with the same thing for years, the first step is acceptance for what you are.

Your actions are only stereotyped because major figureheads in your communities participate in it as sexual culture, ironically they preach it is more than a fetish but that's only because they made their employment or life surrounded by their own fetish. This reflects the majority of you and your presence as an internet and counter-culture, because that is why it was set up, a lonely group of individuals who took comfort in an infant's cartoon they were attracted to.
Last edited by James on Sun Jan 27, 13 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Cyberpony » Sun Jan 27, 13 1:52 pm

Clearly the world isn't ready...
At least most of it.
:(
I used to be part of something... I regret nothing. xD
Cyberpony

Postby Bosscelot » Sun Jan 27, 13 1:57 pm

That's the exact problem with Bronies and why even the furry community shuns them (despite having many of the same issues the furry community has)

Most bronies are just insecure as hell and feel the need to legitimise their dumb tastes any chance they get. This is even funnier when you consider the whole thing started out as something semi-ironic that was meant to show how you were so totally secure in yourself that you'd be willing to watch and talk about a show for 5 year old girls despite being a twenty something male.

also arbiesux
Last edited by Bosscelot on Sun Jan 27, 13 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bosscelot

Postby James » Sun Jan 27, 13 2:01 pm

It'll never be ready, because you think you're something worth celebrating. Your ideals are flawed and stained with what actually lies beneath it all, whenever you believe the same or not.

But for me personally? I'm a huge fan of Faust's prior works to My Little Pony, the show Bronies obsess about is very poorly animated and the level of quality as a whole is incomparable to what they set out to achieve with Fosters and PPG. It was very disappointing for me to see such a lifeless cartoon which is nothing more than a soulless toy marketing scheme, which bronies helped to grow more after the success of neo MLP. What I'm trying to say is; not only are your fan-base's obsessions funny to me, I know you all objectively have bad taste in cartoons.

edit: hi boss

Bosscelot wrote:This is even funnier when you consider the whole thing started out as something semi-ironic

WORST JOKE 4CHAN EVER MADE THAT IDIOTS TOOK SERIOUSLY AAAAA
Last edited by James on Sun Jan 27, 13 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Clancy Stein » Sun Jan 27, 13 7:40 pm

Dream crushers
Clancy Stein
Poster

Postby Cyberpony » Mon Jan 28, 13 3:11 pm

Well, several clueless threads like this aren't going to take the best fandom in history down.
Factually, if Earth was more bronyfied, it would be a better place.
Ultimately, our fandom's values are what make it great.
You shouldn't care about what others think, your hobby is your hobby. And when it's that of a countless amount of people -
estimate: 1 000 000 - 1 500 000 - and growing, we are all but a lonely/intolerant/awkward bunch, but people that everybody should be -
We will, undeniably, unquestionably, survive.

More, we will thrive.

I'm Proud to be a Brony...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yhhgaQOl40

I'll leave for a year or so. See you guys.
I used to be part of something... I regret nothing. xD
Cyberpony

Postby James » Mon Jan 28, 13 3:14 pm

Also the best fandom is JoJo.

I am dead.
James
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Rants & Debates