CTRL-S and CTRL-W

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

CTRL-S and CTRL-W

Postby Allan » Sun May 19, 13 2:56 pm

Who thought it'd be a good idea to put two functions that are near enough diametrically opposed right next to each other?! I can't tell you the amount of time I've been working on a piece of code in Notepad++, hit the gap between W and S ('cause hey, I can bash out about 50WPM, but I'm by no means a really good typist.) and I'm left in a state of panic until I reload the work I had open to see which order I hit the two keys.

It baffles me. But I'm baffled by a lot of things to be honest, so... eeh, I dunno. :\
Allan
Alpha

Postby Professor Layton » Sun May 19, 13 3:02 pm

You should get a popup asking you if you want to save the file before closing, if you try to ctrl+W an unsaved file. At least that's what happens to me, although I didn't even know of ctrl+W until I just tried it out... xD
GrandpaTerran wrote:THIS MAP HAS BEEN POSTPONED FOR NOW I'LL RE-DEVELOP WHEN I HAVE COMPLETED MY MAPPING TRAINING
Professor Layton
Forum Hero

Postby Cozmo » Sun May 19, 13 9:08 pm

I like my CTRL+W, I spam it to close individual tabs :oops:

I have a similar problem though: I always aim lower when saving, and keep ending up whacking CTRL+Z :x
Cozmo
Master

Postby Kaiden » Sun May 19, 13 10:57 pm

Didn't even realize Ctrl + W did anything, and have never pressed it by mistake, guess it's habit!
------
Kaiden
Alpha

Return to Rants & Debates