I lol'd at the description

“A sub-forum for a fucking mobile game”.

Moderator: Forum Guards

I lol'd at the description

Postby Aidan » Wed Jun 05, 13 11:29 pm

Seriously, I did.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Allan » Thu Jun 06, 13 12:23 am

Who wouldn't?
Allan
Alpha

Postby atrey65789 » Thu Jun 06, 13 3:49 pm

Just... The BIGGEST Upset that this franchise has ever seen.
Last edited by atrey65789 on Thu Jun 06, 13 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-A
atrey65789
Regular

Postby ProtoType » Thu Jun 06, 13 7:22 pm

gues we would have to download a emulator to play the game XD
ProtoType

Postby Aidan » Thu Jun 06, 13 9:18 pm

Apparently it's also $7, but Eidos is giving everyone the silent treatment on the forums.

Also, facebook comments making me cringe.

Last edited by Aidan on Thu Jun 06, 13 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby synthetic » Thu Jun 06, 13 10:02 pm

Cheesy name aside, I don't see much of an issue with its platform. If its good and not released on or ported to PC, I'm sure some fans would be upset, but if it turns out crap and stays on tablets, then it wouldn't really bother.

Spector on gaming history and future in general:
Spector said that gamers are different, game developers are different and that "we are getting older." He doesn't intend to stop gaming and feels the audience could be far more diverse, provided the industry would just go looking for that diversity.

Releasing DX on a tablet certainly seems diverse enough. I suppose they need some sugar for those toys as well.
Last edited by synthetic on Thu Jun 06, 13 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Aidan » Thu Jun 06, 13 10:17 pm

The issue is that it is touch screen, and that this game is being created with the direct intention of hauling in more cash [i.e. tapping into the mobile market, and earning extra cash by making it a timed iOS exclusive].

They quite honestly should have ported HR to tablets instead, and use the extra time/cash on creating an actual Deus Ex installment that we won't all shake our heads at.

If "Diversity" was their honest target, then they obviously don't know the (ironically) vast meaning of that word, and what Warren actually meant.
Last edited by Aidan on Thu Jun 06, 13 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby James » Thu Jun 06, 13 11:17 pm

I would not care if this was on another mobile platform like 3ds or Vita because it would actually hold a control scheme that would work.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Fri Jun 07, 13 12:58 am

The fact that it's exclusive and on a platform with a horrible control scheme is why it's a cop-out.

As James said, if it were on actual consoles it'd be fucking fantastic (touch-based or no) but it's not, it's an exclusive on a platform that has the worst controls for a first-person shooter ever. Maybe if it was turn-based it would work but if they made Deus Ex turn-based I'd fucking rage even harder.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby clyzm » Fri Jun 07, 13 1:56 am

I didn't know the iPad/iPhone was capable of those graphics doe :o
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Aidan » Fri Jun 07, 13 3:15 am

clyzm wrote:I didn't know the iPad/iPhone was capable of those graphics doe :o

Yeah man, graphic-wise there are many nice looking phone/tablet games.

...nice LOOKING.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psychotic » Fri Jun 07, 13 5:12 am

Aidan wrote:

...nice LOOKING.

So much this.

Some of the games look really great and despite the advanced graphics they also run really smoothly, but they just aren't great games most of the time.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Aidan » Fri Jun 07, 13 5:19 am

Magniir wrote:
Aidan wrote:

...nice LOOKING.

So much this.

Some of the games look really great and despite the advanced graphics they also run really smoothly, but they just aren't great games most of the time.

Yeah, not to mention the online multiplayer is horrible. Matches consist of 15 people sucking ass while one guy has his mouse and keyboard hooked up to a tablet, and absolutely decimates every player.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby synthetic » Fri Jun 07, 13 5:21 am

I don't think its really an issue.. I have the same problem with console games. They seem more like interactive movies than games to me. Including MK style battle games. Whatever it'll look like, it'll be small and nothing like a PC game. If you guys are comparing it to *other* tablet games and it appears that it's not delivering whats expected on that platform, then sure. I wouldn't know about it as I don't play them nor have any intention to, deus ex or not.
Last edited by synthetic on Fri Jun 07, 13 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Aidan » Fri Jun 07, 13 5:41 am

r12m wrote:I don't think its really an issue.. I have the same problem with console games. They seem more like interactive movies than games to me. Including MK style battle games. Whatever it'll look like, it'll be small and nothing like a PC game. If you guys are comparing it to *other* tablet games and it appears that it's not delivering whats expected on that platform, then sure. I wouldn't know about it as I don't play them nor have any intention to, deus ex or not.

If you watch them play it on that iPad (They show more of apple's logo than the game $$$), it's the exact same style of 'gameplay,' compared to other detailed tablet genres out there. Just youtube tablet games to get the gist of the play-style.

Like... He literally tapped on the car to run and hide against it, and proceeded to tap the enemy to LOCK ON, then tap the grenade to kill almost all of them. Thinking is not required.

Some cringe-worthy quotes in that video.

[youtube]63nqVG2Gqzs[/youtube]
Last edited by Aidan on Fri Jun 07, 13 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby synthetic » Fri Jun 07, 13 6:04 am

Lot of tapping.. sounds like a tablet/sphone game to me. :pmsl2: Its not like anyone expected them to be the next gen of gaming platforms.

I am sure someone will get creative with it one day and create a more involving gaming experience, but another matter is whether its really necessary. I'd read visual novels on it :goodluck:

See it as a kind of a deus ex manga/comics thing, maybe. No need to fuss over it, unless it turns out to be really bad story wise.
Last edited by synthetic on Fri Jun 07, 13 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Fri Jun 07, 13 7:47 am

But if it's a fully fledged Deus Ex game, small scale/budget or not, it's wasted potential with this platform.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby atrey65789 » Fri Jun 07, 13 2:30 pm

[quote="James"]But if it's a fully fledged Deus Ex game, small scale/budget or not, it's wasted potential with this platform.[/quote]

THey did say in the video brand new story line, so I sadly think that's what it is :/.
-A
atrey65789
Regular

Postby ProtoType » Fri Jun 07, 13 2:37 pm

mmm sorry but i dont like the feel of the new character and its feels a bit odd when there making conversations either its my imagination or tablets really cant take much anyway we wil be screwed in the future because phones wil be your pc's and when every pc is gone you get a giant ass pc agian and the loop begins agian truth is phones are phones there just pocket versions of the big phone it should have stayed there not this fancy crap you can do with the phones these days and a tablet i would throw to the wall since windows vista and up have touchscreen capabilities that means tablets is just some useless crap they made up for money but owkey that my opinion but still they could have made a pc with infinite harddrive space infinite gpu and cpu but you cant get those because if everybody had a pc like that nobody needed upgrades and alot of things would collapse really in alot of cases were hold back because of this reason
ProtoType

Postby James » Fri Jun 07, 13 3:37 pm

Dude, Ben Saxton rules, I highly recommend the Icarus Effect novel. His story parallels Jensen's backstory with his military training prior to becoming a merc and the events of Icarus Effect, but unlike the blank canvas Denton and the remorseful Jensen, Saxton is a very brash, hands on and immoral individual. I think and hope this will be translated well into the game.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby clyzm » Fri Jun 07, 13 4:21 pm

blank canvas Denton

Denton is actually pretty damn smart for a nanoaug killing machine tbh
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby synthetic » Fri Jun 07, 13 4:24 pm

Probably too smart for his purpose, eh. Makes you wonder how the plot would've developed if JC was dumb as a shoe.

Anna: So you think the staff has..
Gunther: ja, the maintenance man did it on purpose!

JC: halt den ball flach alter, hab es alles gut gemacht *drags maintenance man's corpse*

Although, that is getting kinda close to the new Wolfenstein game.
Last edited by synthetic on Fri Jun 07, 13 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby James » Fri Jun 07, 13 5:04 pm

JC Denton is purposely robotic/cold and un-natural when compared to Paul (and translates to plot between the two for obvious reasons). While I admit there's a certain cocky flair to JC's demeanor, I would rather blame the acting.
Last edited by James on Fri Jun 07, 13 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Sat Jun 08, 13 12:41 am

James wrote:JC Denton is purposely robotic/cold and un-natural when compared to Paul (and translates to plot between the two for obvious reasons). While I admit there's a certain cocky flair to JC's demeanor, I would rather blame the acting.

JC still has character. Paul was supposed to be flamboyant, he had the chance to be. JC become incredibly jaded when his parents died, that's not abnormal.

He still does the right thing in the end. He's not stupid, he's actually pretty damn smart considering how young he is. I don't know many people who could have intelligent conversations with some of the biggest conspiracy theorists in the world alongside their AI creations (without screaming their fucking heads off every 2 minutes because that's LOGIC!).
Psychotic
Master

Postby synthetic » Sat Jun 08, 13 5:08 am

If he was stupid the game would've taken a different turn quick. It didn't, and you didn't get a choice to go with the conspirators. While I did leave Walton Simons alive, that was also about it.
[TSS][¥]{¥+EoD}{RF}{MoH}[G][NEM][UE][N]{U}[REN][BM][FGS][THC][:¤:]
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Sat Jun 08, 13 5:53 am

r12m wrote:If he was stupid the game would've taken a different turn quick. It didn't, and you didn't get a choice to go with the conspirators. While I did leave Walton Simons alive, that was also about it.

The original production team supposedly had planned for the player to go down that route but time restraints and technological limitations were in their way.

In saying this, even if he had gone with the conspirators right from the start (rather than at the end) this wouldn't have made him any less smart. Corruption generally does not encourage stupidity.
Psychotic
Master

Postby synthetic » Sat Jun 08, 13 6:57 am

You are right there, poor reasoning on my part regarding potential cooperation with the conspirators, but my point remains the same: current game doesn't allow the gamer to play a dumb JC, and that kind of voids the debate on his smarts.

I think the mention of his conversations and the nature of them does make a valid point. Game tried to bring you a complex net of problems and conspiracies, and JC was very well equipped to stay on top of anything new he discovered.
Last edited by synthetic on Sat Jun 08, 13 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Sat Jun 08, 13 6:58 am

Yeah, I agree with that. Though I'm not necessarily upset about it, heh.
Psychotic
Master

Postby synthetic » Sat Jun 08, 13 7:02 am

If anything, it seems to me that it would be Paul that would've gone "uhm, gas nades?" when forced to converse with various AIs or MJ12/Illuminati topguns. The highlight of his story would've been the conversation with DeBeers. He would've cried after he disconnected the smurf from the life support.
Last edited by synthetic on Sat Jun 08, 13 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Aidan » Sun Jun 23, 13 5:59 am

They seriously should have changed that stupid-ass game title. Seriously, "The Fall"? Must have taken 365 days and a creative mastermind to come up with that one.

Typical Quebec
Last edited by Aidan on Sun Jun 23, 13 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aidan
CandyMan

Next

Return to Deus Ex: The Fall