Deus Ex: The Fall prevents players with jailbroken devices from firing guns

“A sub-forum for a fucking mobile game”.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Deus Ex: The Fall prevents players with jailbroken devices from firing guns

Postby Dae » Thu Jul 11, 13 8:49 pm

Released yesterday for iOS Deus Ex: The Fall is all about giving the player options, unless that player is attempting to run the game on a jailbroken iPhone or iPad, in which case it removes one of the most important abilities in the game — pulling the trigger.

<...>

Mind you, this isn't pirates running into this issue. While I am sure there are some shady players attempting to get The Fall to run on their jailbroken iPads and iPhones, there are plenty of honest folks who dropped $6.99 on the game, only to have it treat them like pirates.

"$7 for a game that doesn't work on jail broken devices. No warning in App Store description"

(Kotaku)
Dae
Alpha

Postby Aidan » Fri Jul 12, 13 2:42 am

Bah... big whoop,

Game will be cracked soon enough, then will be on every repository.

This is also another way of saying "if you want to game to be easier, you have to pay us for it."

I'll try it on Android when it comes out, but I still care very little about this game.
Last edited by Aidan on Fri Jul 12, 13 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Psychotic » Fri Jul 12, 13 6:58 am

Stupid is still stupid. Why punish players like this? It's ultimately still a kneejerk form of DRM and is absolute bullshit.

I like to play Deus Ex runs as a sort of assassin, killing when I need to, but I use guns for that. I have beaten the game without firing a shot but just because we can do it doesn't mean others should be forced to do that. Why should we have to conform to such bull?
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby synthetic » Fri Jul 12, 13 1:53 pm

I used to be a gamer like you, but then I joined squeenix and took an..

Not often a marketing scheme encourages use of cracked software to this extent. And, expectedly, it is no longer an issue.
synthetic
Forum Hero

Postby Psychotic » Fri Jul 12, 13 2:22 pm

It'd be "no longer an issue" if the developers removed such a stupid system, but a workaround is nice.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby clyzm » Fri Jul 12, 13 4:07 pm

I think it's even worse when you see stuff like this on comedy websites especially list-based ones that congratulate the devs for thinking of a way to fuck with pirates
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Psychotic » Sat Jul 13, 13 1:39 am

Bitching has rewarded us again.

Eidos Montreal wrote:We immediately began working on an update for Deus Ex: The Fall that will remove this restriction from the game, ensuring that all iOS devices will be able to play the game in the near future – jailbroken or otherwise.
Last edited by Psychotic on Sat Jul 13, 13 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Psychotic
Master

Postby Allan » Fri Feb 28, 14 2:11 am

I wonder if we'll be seeing similar restraints for people who use cracked versions of the game away from Steam...
Allan
Alpha

Return to Deus Ex: The Fall