Bronies

Serious discussion about news, politics and whatever is on your mind.

Moderator: Forum Guards

Postby clyzm » Mon Jan 28, 13 3:48 pm

Factually, if Earth was more bronyfied, it would be a better place.

2/10 good effort
clyzm
Forum Master God

Postby Mastakilla » Mon Jan 28, 13 9:25 pm

clyzm wrote:

2/10 good effort

I think ponies everywhere would dissagree :lol:
When life gives you lemons... Squeeze them into your eyes and run across a busy intersection, faggot.
Mastakilla
Forum Super Hero

Postby Tantalus » Tue Jan 29, 13 12:29 am

Cyberpony wrote:Well, several clueless threads like this aren't going to take the best fandom in history down.
Ultimately, our fandom's values are what make it great.
You shouldn't care about what others think, your hobby is your hobby. And when it's that of a countless amount of people -
estimate: 1 000 000 - 1 500 000 - and growing, we are all but a lonely/intolerant/awkward bunch, but people that everybody should be -
We will, undeniably, unquestionably, survive.

More, we will thrive.

Anyone getting that vibe?
Tantalus
Forum Super Hero

Postby Clancy Stein » Tue Jan 29, 13 3:10 am

Right. I should leave while I still retain my own taste. I don't need people to agree with my views so I can pretend to know truth.
Clancy Stein
Poster

Postby Psychotic » Tue Jan 29, 13 9:31 pm

Cyberpony wrote:Bronies React to Collegehumor's My Little Brony
A video with us real bronies, not the rare stereotypes.

The original video from CollegeHumor never needed a "reaction video". It was clearly designed as a joke, like the rest of their videos.

Cyberpony wrote:You think of us all as sex freaks.

James has always had a deep-seated hatred for furries, largely based on his own experiences with them clearly being with the stereotype. I've never met the stereotype, which is why I'm a bit more lenient towards such groups.

However, I pose one question to you and people in other, similar groups:

Why do you enjoy My Little Pony? (replacing "My Little Pony" with an appropriate word, like "anthropomorphic animals" for furries).

Cyberpony, I would enjoy hearing your answer to this question before I explain why this is important.
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Allan » Wed Jan 30, 13 10:35 pm

http://manehatten.com/members/home

I don't... I just... what.
Allan
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Feb 02, 13 1:19 pm

RIP furvert bronies.
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Postby James » Sat Feb 09, 13 12:35 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eglFAJ2SHc[/youtube]
I am dead.
James
Alpha

Re: Bronies

Postby Cyberpony » Sat Feb 21, 15 8:29 pm

Hello everyone! Sorry for the bump. I said I'd be back in about a year... It's been two.

DAMN! Looking at my posts after all this time... They seem like trolls.. only they aren't! :lol: It's hilarious! What a crack-up!

I've been pony-free for ages now and frankly, I can't really imagine myself watching MLP again. Listening to the music made by the community -- maybe, who knows,, but more ponies? Nah, I don't think so. I lost interest in all that long ago.

Hah! Dear JC...

I have no idea what the situation of the fandom is now, what its numbers are or whatever. I guess it's still thriving. Maybe it has already spread into a point where we may not be able to contain it.

Someone call Gary Savage and tell him we need an Anti-Pony Vaccine, k? :twisted:

I'm just gonna keep this username and never change it. HAH!
I used to be part of something... I regret nothing. xD
Cyberpony

Postby Alistair » Wed Apr 15, 15 10:37 am

clyzm wrote:Yesterday at the local mall I work part-time at, I've had the displeasure of dealing with some overweight teen decked out in MyLittlePony gear, from his shoes to his sweater. He came along with 2 other friends and they all had MLP shirts on.

So I casually went "you like MLP, huh" as I was processing his order and he went off on a rant about how nobody appreciates the pony culture and sensitivity and all that garbage. I didn't listen to half of his drivel but it seemed like they do it for the same reason that some men wear obviously girly shirts, to appear masculine?

Though it seems to me that they show more of their insecurity than anything else, I mean seriously why would you watch a little girls' show to prove to the world how masculine you are?

I don't understand it one bit. Where did this "cultural" phenomenon come from? Why do people love that show, people that the show is obviously not intended for?

YOU INSENSITIVE NEO-CON ANTI-PONY MARXIST HUMAN RIGHTS PSEUDO-SCIENTIFIC MLP HATER.

Alistair
Forum Hero

Postby Aidan » Tue Apr 05, 16 8:04 am

Either the Brony bandwagon has died down, or it's just super casual and has actually integrated into society now.

I'M COLD, AND SCARED.
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Postby Allan » Thu Apr 07, 16 10:48 am

Yeah, it's pretty much died off to subculture status again now from what I've seen. Thank god.
Allan
Alpha

Postby Psychotic » Fri Apr 08, 16 5:07 am

too long; didn't read: Fad dies like other fad.

Next fad on the agenda: Extreme feminism. As well as all the kneejerk, cringey responses to it. A few reddit subs come to mind (like TheRedPill or KotakuInAction).
"You either die a lurker, or you live long enough to see yourself become a troll."
Psychotic
Master

Postby Aidan » Sun Aug 14, 16 5:57 pm

Psychotic wrote:too long; didn't read: Fad dies like other fad.

Next fad on the agenda: Extreme feminism. As well as all the kneejerk, cringey responses to it. A few reddit subs come to mind (like TheRedPill or KotakuInAction).

Don't forget those who now identify as 'Gender Neutral' lol
Psychokiller, spelled incorrectly.
Aidan
CandyMan

Previous

Return to Rants & Debates