[MUTATOR] AntiTypeKill Mutator.

Talk about any Deus Ex game modification here, e.g. maps, package or a total conversion.

Moderator: Forum Guards

[MUTATOR] AntiTypeKill Mutator.

Postby ~DJ~ » Tue Feb 17, 09 11:06 pm

Hello there, as i had some useless time, so i just spent some 11 hours straight to work on this.. Please DO comment and tell me some suggestions!

Information: Its a mutator that nearly prevents type killing, for more information, please read the readme, and please, if you think it will be abused, tell me in which way, and i'll make a way to prevent it, also, before posting anything, check out the readme, and its features.

Also, its not protected, Have fun looking the sourcecode :p

Also i got this idea from here.. Skil's topic :p

ATKMutator.zip

p.s if scripting society still existed, will i get in nao? :(
Attachments
ATKMutator.zip
(3.64 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Last edited by ~DJ~ on Tue Feb 17, 09 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 18, 09 9:20 am

Good to hear that someone still makes mods and mutators.

As far as I understand the difference between your mutator and MMImTyping is that yours disarms the player?

As for the MTL problem, you can avoid it by removing
Code: Select all
Level.Game.BaseMutator.AddMutator(Self);

(then you have to tell users to add it through the mutators menu)
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Feb 18, 09 10:58 am

It disarms and make them godded while there typing...

Thanks for the information. :)
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby Dae » Wed Feb 18, 09 11:31 am

~DJ~ wrote:It disarms and make them godded while there typing...

Don't you think it might be abused when, for example, in the middle of a battle the losing player starts typing just to make the opponent wait or get killed by an ally?
Dae
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Feb 18, 09 11:37 am

And make them unmovable... o_O

Hmm, how about i do it that if the health is below like, umm 60 then the player gets killed.. :o
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Postby ~ô¿ô~Nobody~ » Wed Feb 18, 09 4:08 pm

Well, there are reasons,why you're the first one after 9 years that comes up with such a mutator.
Nobody is perfect...
------------------------------
Longc[A]t wrote:I still think Dae is a russian spambot.

~[A]Daedalus~ wrote:There will be a day when my patience goes away and you, along with all who rant with you, will get banned.

ô¿ô¥[GODZ]¥NOCHANC wrote:I can ban any one I want ANY time I want. You have no rights here.
~ô¿ô~Nobody~
Alpha

Postby Allan » Wed Feb 18, 09 9:09 pm

Apart from 'god' to a command, you're unable to activate God mode if you're forced into god while typing, as Exec function God() (The function to call God Mode in players) is basically programmed to invert the current status of God Mode. Not toggle it on/off.

( This is listed as a bug in MMImTyping, if you're interested. God mode typing was an optional function within it. )

If you could actually find out what was being passed to the console/server however, you could send the God command twice if it was sent through typing, thus eliminating the God mode problem, but possibly confusing the user with a message of:

"God Mode off"
"God Mode on"
Allan
Alpha

Postby ~DJ~ » Wed Feb 18, 09 11:48 pm

About the thing that people would press T before dying or in low health, i can just make a string that a server owner could set, and then if the number he gave, for example like 40, then if the health is below 40 or 40, it'll make him normal again, i.e not godded.

And Allan and nobody, i dont get what you guys just said, yeah i know the God problem.. o_O
~DJ~
Forum Super Hero

Return to Modifications